To all those disappointed with LVE

waving monkey

Reaction score
He’s been diagnosed with a narrowing of the spinal column, spinal stenosis...it’s not something that I have to prove...wouldn’t it seem reasonable that someone with spinal stenosis would be at an increased risk of “stingers”... it’s been proven! I’m happy for the kid he wants to play for us and I’m rooting for him...
source please

Carter

Reaction score
I cant get over that the meaningless Eagles Game cost us Derwin James. Sorry. That might take till next year when im over it

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Ridley is way better than anyone on the roster right now
Not in the NFL game. He doesn’t have speed or hops to be a dominant #1.

I think people will be surprised about T Will when Dak doesn’t feel compelled to force the ball to Dez.

His mistakes have been more glaring to be sure but he’s been pretty solid when given his opportunity especially after the catch.

Ridley is a #2 at the NFL level which is why Atlanta is perfect for him. Julio will make all the freak catches while Ridley can be a solid 800-1,000 yard receiver.

A WR in the first needs to be a #1 if they aren’t ALREADY on your roster. Carolina believes they’ll turn DJ Moore into steve smith part 2. Great if it works.

Our #1 receiver is going to be picked next year. In the 2nd and 3rd round we’re only picking eventual replacements for guys already here.

visionary

Reaction score
Not in the NFL game. He doesn’t have speed or hops to be a dominant #1.

I think people will be surprised about T Will when Dak doesn’t feel compelled to force the ball to Dez.

His mistakes have been more glaring to be sure but he’s been pretty solid when given his opportunity especially after the catch.

Ridley is a #2 at the NFL level which is why Atlanta is perfect for him. Julio will make all the freak catches while Ridley can be a solid 800-1,000 yard receiver.

A WR in the first needs to be a #1 if they aren’t ALREADY on your roster. Carolina believes they’ll turn DJ Moore into steve smith part 2. Great if it works.

Our #1 receiver is going to be picked next year. In the 2nd and 3rd round we’re only picking eventual replacements for guys already here.

Ridley is a number 1
He has more than enough speed and beats people with understanding defenses, route running, and in and out of breaks
Those are the traits of most truly great WRs not straight line speed

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I heard the talking heads describe his coverage skills I thought, "Good, our LBs were getting killed last year in the passing game, we need all the help we can get."

Cumart21

Reaction score
He's a cowboy now so here's hoping

That's the spirit! Hoping this guy's skill set helps take away the middle of the field in the passing game. Specifically I'm thinking about the Eagles and how Wentz loves to go to his tight ends over the middle and up the seams. Having him with Sean Lee covering the middle should be a great asset again the pass.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Well. Taking him does increase overall speed on defense. He can move for an LB.

I like getting some size at MLB. Run stuffing. And this should set us up well for years to come at LB. Lee Smith and LVE. That's a lot of resource at LB. Should give us a lot of production.

BermyStar

Reaction score
You are prepared to be surprised, in a good way. I've posted this before, but appropriate again. I live in Boise. Went to BSU home games. Went in person to LVE's pro day... Being as objective as I can be, this guy is, at a minimum, Karlos Dansby. At a maximum, Brian Urhlacher... Simply put, 6'4" 256 lb guys do NOT move like this guy does. He is the best coverage MLB in this draft. His backpedal is effortless and fluid. He opens his hips like a CB. And with his 6'4" height and wingspan, 39.5" vert, and great range, he closes that window in the middle of the field. Makes it so hard for QB's to fit passes into that middle seam or throw over him. In today's NFL, that is huge... Further, I believe it was proven last year that Jaylon Smith is a far better OLB, than he is a MLB. Let him come off the edge and cover TE's. LVE's instincts at MLB are so much better than Jaylon's. Plus, he weighs 256 and has room for another 10lbs without losing any quickness... Where LVE needs to improve is take on. But not because he's not physical (forget the Bobby Carpenter comparisons, they are wrong and lazy). He IS physical. But he is so athletic, he often tries (and succeeds) to slip around blockers. He will get coached up on that... Also, the draft is a projection. And LVE's athleticism is off the charts. At 256, he ran a 4.65 40. And add to that a 3 cone of 6.88. That is the SAME as Calvin Ridley and better than DJ Moore (6.95). Last, he had a vertical of 39.5". That is the SAME as DJ Moore and 8.5" higher than Ridley. For a MLB. Think about that and let it sink in. He is an athletic freak, and an ascending player... Finally, he is a really good kid. High school championships in 8 man football and basketball. He is a self made player. Walk on. Team captain. He will not stop working. He is the anti-Dez... Fellas, do not be disappointed. You will love this guy.

Woah! Thanks for that. I wasn't on the bandwagon leading up to the draft, but I wasn't pissed off when we picked him either. Been doing a little research since we picked him and am definitely warming up. You post moved my excitement meter about 5 notches. Good work bro!

visionary

Reaction score
That's the spirit! Hoping this guy's skill set helps take away the middle of the field in the passing game. Specifically I'm thinking about the Eagles and how Wentz loves to go to his tight ends over the middle and up the seams. Having him with Sean Lee covering the middle should be a great asset again the pass.

The problem is that it's not just about coverage it is also stopping the run

Our defense has a habit of running with smaller DTs unfortunately so the MLB better be ready to fill the hole at full speed and take on Barkley

That is a big issue for me with LVE
You can teach coverage and scheme but you can't teach 'want to'

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
ABOUT the best you should hope for is maybe him getting inserted for Wilson..He wont start..Smith is your mlb. On third down..Smith is faster than LVE IS NOW..This pick was JJs idea of making a splash..Not Bpa, depth or anything..I hope we find a way to use him where he is not exposed quickly!

Smith is not the MLB. You must have really not been paying attention.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What’s the significancce of making that distinction?
How can Marinelli compare the 2 players when he wasn't the one responsible of drafting urlacher. He didn't scout him or scour his tape and help make the pick. They aren't even the same player in college. Urlacher was a hitting machine and played with physicality and violence. LVE not so much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can Marinelli compare the 2 players when he wasn't the one responsible of drafting urlacher. He didn't scout him or scour his tape and help make the pick. They aren't even the same player in college. Urlacher was a hitting machine and played with physicality and violence. LVE not so much.

Ummm because he coached him.

I’m not the one making the comparison. If you don’t agree, I’d send an email to the team and let them know. My point was that the Urlacher comparison wasn’t based solely on race because it obviously wasn’t.

robbieruff

Reaction score
It was early in the season. If you put in his last two games he looked excellent. Boise State did not ask their LB to stack on OL but make fast reads and play off OL shoulders if not straight flank them. He struggled with the technique and reads a bit early in the season.

What impresses me about him is he picks up things quickly.
Yup. 4th game. His last game against Oregon was nigh and day difference. That’s a good sign.