To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.

I do alot of critique regarding Dak. But this is not because i hate him or i want to bash him.

The question is can he be a franchise QB. And that is an important question.

You have to know that before giving him a longterm contract. Because nothing binds you more to a player than longterm contracts for QBs. You cant walk away from it after one year after you "suddenly" realized he isnt the answer.

Thats why you have take a look at him "under the microscope". You have to evaluate this position that much more then others.

Especially after his 2017 season. And whats even more: in his first 5 games he looks like a worse version of 2017.

Right now i wouldnt bind my fate to this guy. Because with contracts for starting QBs that is what you do. Better have no QB for one year than giving a guy a longterm contract and be medicore for 4-5 years.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to just say one ting about this...THE WHOLE DAMN COWBOYS ORG SUCKS....how bout them apples! I'm not going to lay the blame at the feet of just a single person/player/coach (which I happen to believe is 99.9% of the issue here) I'll lay it at the feet of ALL of them. Yep, we got players making "some" plays, we have those "moments" that lets us jump up and shout "hell yeah, more of that" but in the end, we win or lose, we all still shake our heads and wonder aloud, *** is going on with this team. We barely win or barely not lose a few games and nothing, NOTHING give's us a single amount of hope that things are turning around. This team is that fish floundering around on the beach. We got a tail fin in the water but still have no idea how to get back in it......just exasperating at the total dysfunction of the mess. If anything, this game just proves how dysfunctional this bunch truly is. Bill O'Brien beats clapper...ROFL!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is the danger of having bad skill position players and why I predicted at the beginning of the season that this offseason's theme will be how they failed Dak by not giving him more help.

They very well may excuse his play as simply a product of having no real weapons and that would be yet another huge personnel mistake.
what about Dak giving them help? put them in position to succeed? by being better passer? why is with the Dak supporters always, somebody has to give Dak help. Dak is making everyone look bad around him., the OL, the WRs, the RB...the coaches...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You cannot throw high passes to small WRs and expect them to catch them on a regular basis...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.
You cannot continue to throw passes behind WRs and expect them to catch them on a regular basis...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.
You cannot continue to completely turn your back away from the offense to spin around and hope you will escape and magically make a downfield throw on a regular basis...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.
You cannot continue to not step up into the pocket and make a throw instead of scrambling around on a regular basis...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.
You cannot just decide to throw down the field once or twice a game and expect the passing game to be open on a regular basis...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.
You cannot expect to run as well against all teams, as you did against the lions who had one of the worst rushing defenses in the league...thinking it will happen is an exercise in futility and insanity.

Dak had one of the, if not the best, rookie seasons for a QB in NFL history. However, and this is an indisputable FACT, he has went down hill since.
I have been doing the Random stats threads every Monday for the last few seasons. In his Rookie year Dak was always in the top 3, if not number one overall, in PCt and Total QB Rating.
Last season that number went down.
This season so far he has been in the bottom half of the league.

We do not have the best WR corp in the league. We do not have a HOF TE anymore.

However I make a challenge to anyone on here to be honest with themselves.

IF we had a good QB on this team like a Rodgers or Brees...I am pretty sure we would have better passing numbers, better TD numbers, betting scoring numbers and we would have won at least one more game.
However I say to anyone willing to be HONEST with themselves...if the Saints or the Packers had Dak...would they be better off at QB? Would the WRs on those teams have even remotely as good as numbers in yards, tds and scores?
It is an opinion but I think if we were truly honest the answer would be obvious that Dak would not be the answer.

One more question.

During his rookie year this might have been a very different answer but as of right now.
How many teams does anyone believe would trade their QB for Dak straight up right now. (not teams that lost their starter and playing a backup now)...Starting QB traded straight up for Dak right now.
I think the answer would be very few if any right now.

That should tell you all you need to know about the current condition of the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys.
regarding his rookie season. all the flaws we see existed in his rookie year, but as they say winning masks a lot of ugliness. teams were caught by surpise and weren't ready for him and Zeke that first year and hadn't figured out how to stop the cowboys.... one season, one offseason of film and they figured it out. its no surprise to see that he has regressed. Good QB, improve and counter that, but he has not improved. same exact flaws in mechanics, reading defenses, stepping up into the pocket still exist but he doesn't have his rookie season luck any more.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again can't disagree more. I've just seen to many bad passes that other WRs on other teams are making all the freaking time! You can't tell me every pass Dak has thrown is over the head and high or out of place for these WRs...that's just BS. His last INT hit the receiver right in the hand.....and he whiffed on the catch! Other WRs are catching balls like this time and time again and ESPECIALLY for the QBs you named. Plenty of Awesome catches Rodgers and Brees wideouts are making! And when was the last time you even seen a Cowboy WR be OPEN....let alone Wide open???? Watson was throwing to Wide open WRs all freaking night!!!! :Hell, give Dak some of those wide open shots and then lets compare. So again....you put the blame of Dak.....fine....I'm putting it where it belongs.... on a less than competent and vastly mediocre receiving corp.
you see those passes caught on highlights on ESPN. watch the other QBs and although there are times they make bad throws, most of the throws are good, accurate ad where it needs to be for their WR to make plays. you can't expect to have 75% of the passes be bad and constantly expect the WRs to make plays to save the QB. sometimes they will, sometimes they won't and if you throw bad passes consistently, bad things happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Who is making plays for him?

Who on the team turns nothing into something?

Pretty sad that Swaim, who is the worst starting TE in the league, is the only one with any sort of YAC the last two games.
so he needs spectacular plays from everyone around him to be successful...so why do we need Dak then?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
what about Dak giving them help? put them in position to succeed? by being better passer? why is with the Dak supporters always, somebody has to give Dak help. Dak is making everyone look bad around him., the OL, the WRs, the RB...the coaches...

With "Dak supporters" it's about giving him help because anyone who knows anything about the NFL knows the Cowboys receiving corp (including the TEs) is below standard. That doesn't absolve him of everything.

With "Dak detractors" it's always Dak's fault regardless of who is around him. That's also a load of nonsense.

How about we be Cowboys supporters and hope they succeed? Because no matter how much anyone here posts about Dak, favorably or unfavorably, it isn't going to affect whatever decision the Cowboys make about his future.

Ken

Reaction score
Lol.

We are 3rd from the bottom in YAC yards. I m shocked....NOT.

Everything i i saying is lock stock and barrel truth. You guys are placing blame innaccurately.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=231&type=Receiving

Notice all the team at the bottom have horrific weapons. All teams at the top have great weapons.

This is not an accident.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Average? Does the average NFL starting QB throw for 192.2 yards per game?

He strives to be average.
Dak has thrown for over 300 yards so far during his first 39 career games, including the 2016 playoff game. He's shown he's got what it takes to lead this team. Romo he is not. Way past time to get over that. Enjoy Dak for what he brings to this offense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has thrown for over 300 yards so far during his first 39 career games, including the 2016 playoff game. He's shown he's got what it takes to lead this team. Romo he is not. Way past time to get over that. Enjoy Dak for what he brings to this offense.

And Brock Osweiler just threw for 380.

He sucks. It's about consistency. Even a .180 hitter in baseball gets some hits.

There's nothing to enjoy with Dak because he doesn't bring anything to the offense. He makes those around him worse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And Brock Osweiler just threw for 380.

He sucks. It's about consistency. Even a .180 hitter in baseball gets some hits.

There's nothing to enjoy with Dak because he doesn't bring anything to the offense. He makes those around him worse.
Strictly your opinion. So leading the team to 40 points against the league's #1 defense is sucky, nothing to enjoy and makes those around him worse? You might want to rethink that.

POST EDIT: On my previous post, I meant to say that Dak has thrown for 300+ yards in at least 9 games out of his first 39 career games, including the 2016 playoff game. Dak is plenty of good.

Brax

Reaction score
Lol.

We are 3rd from the bottom in YAC yards. I m shocked....NOT.

Everything i i saying is lock stock and barrel truth. You guys are placing blame inaccurately.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=231&type=Receiving

Notice all the team at the bottom have horrific weapons. All teams at the top have great weapons.

This is not an accident.
Not sure how you come to the conclusion the lower teams have bad weapons,if the reason is to try and prove your belief the Dak is a good QB and its not his fault it doesn't, it is really shows a result of the dink and dunk offense that is run. Many of the lower teams have very good weapons. If you are throwing the ball 3 or 4 yards down the field YAC is hard to come by. If you cannot throw the ball accurately down field or anticipate routes so the receivers can keep running YAC is hard to come by, just the simply way it is. It is more of a result of pushing the ball down field on longer routes. the difference from the bottom 17 teams really isn't that much per game. The reality is it can be poor QB play, poor receivers, scheme, design depending on the team. In the Cowboy's case it appears Dak's inability to throw mid range and longer passes with consistent accuracy and anticipation is the major cause of the lack of YAC. The scheme is Dak friendly now, that means short throws to hide is issues that top level QB's do not have.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So what? A) he replaced Romo who in his last healthy season was an All Pro. That's his comparison. Not the ghost of Romo past. And Romo was an undrafted free agent out of a small school. Dak was drafted out of the SEC. He SHOULD have progressed faster.

This is a joke. For most of his career Dak has had all pros all over his offensive line...one of the best RBs in the league and a Dez and Witten. Dak has had one of the best situations for a young QB ever on aggregate. Lol @ travesty.
When the O line struggled, so did Prescott. And lets not act like Bryant and Witten were in their prime.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Everyone hates the coaching, but also somehow the coaching doesn't matter to whether or not Dak develops into anything. A QB is supposed to come out of college and just be Tom Brady out of nowhere for literally no reason? What is the evidence Garrett can develop any QB the Cowboys draft in the future? I feel like this regime is a career death sentence for any young QB that ends up here. Dak's inconsistent play is just a symptom.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.
Dak Sucks may still apply, the next few games will give us a real good look. The reason is teams now know what the run game looks like and will shut it down making Dak throw to beat them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak Sucks may still apply, the next few games will give us a real good look. The reason is teams now know what the run game looks like and will shut it down making Dak throw to beat them.

It is a bit harder when the run can come from Dak or Zeke. Defense on running plays comes off the edge hard pinching down on Zeke, problem is as a DE if you come down the line hard and Dak has it he will run and pick up the yardage. Last week there was a big run by Zeke in which the DE did not crash down he stayed wide looking for Prescott to keep it and this allowed a big hole that Zeke ran through. I agree Dak has to make his throws and did so last week but again I think his ability to run it helps in that.

Ken

Reaction score
Not sure how you come to the conclusion the lower teams have bad weapons,if the reason is to try and prove your belief the Dak is a good QB and its not his fault it doesn't, it is really shows a result of the dink and dunk offense that is run. Many of the lower teams have very good weapons. If you are throwing the ball 3 or 4 yards down the field YAC is hard to come by. If you cannot throw the ball accurately down field or anticipate routes so the receivers can keep running YAC is hard to come by, just the simply way it is. It is more of a result of pushing the ball down field on longer routes. the difference from the bottom 17 teams really isn't that much per game. The reality is it can be poor QB play, poor receivers, scheme, design depending on the team. In the Cowboy's case it appears Dak's inability to throw mid range and longer passes with consistent accuracy and anticipation is the major cause of the lack of YAC. The scheme is Dak friendly now, that means short throws to hide is issues that top level QB's do not have.
all you have to do is watch any of those top teams for 1 gameand you see the problem. The same 3 or4 yard pass plays go for 40 with them

Our guys fall down with ankle tackles.

You can weave the common narrative but go look at passing charts...they mostly are all similar.

We don't have guys who make plays and have never made plays. Our best wr falls down at the first sign of a defender.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do alot of critique regarding Dak. But this is not because i hate him or i want to bash him.

The question is can he be a franchise QB. And that is an important question.

You have to know that before giving him a longterm contract. Because nothing binds you more to a player than longterm contracts for QBs. You cant walk away from it after one year after you "suddenly" realized he isnt the answer.

Thats why you have take a look at him "under the microscope". You have to evaluate this position that much more then others.

Especially after his 2017 season. And whats even more: in his first 5 games he looks like a worse version of 2017.

Right now i wouldnt bind my fate to this guy. Because with contracts for starting QBs that is what you do. Better have no QB for one year than giving a guy a longterm contract and be medicore for 4-5 years.
I think the more concise question is, "Does the Dallas front office believe Prescott can be a franchise quarterback?" I believe the answer is and has been yes from the beginning.

The front office placed their entire faith into a rookie quarterback leading the team to a Super Bowl. The front office 'essentially' waived their previous franchise quarterback at midseason in doing so.

In hindsight, their decision can be questioned as a premature judgment but it happened. Quarterbacks are the most premium investment in the NFL. This front office in particular has a long running established history for how they acquire prospective and veteran quarterbacks via the draft, trade and/or free agency. Prescott has proven that, under the right circumstances, can a) win games and b) can help lead the team to the playoffs.

Those two items happened also. In my opinion, Prescott had already met the front office's (a.k.a. Jones) conditions as a long-term investment at the position. I also believe it will take far more than this 200-yard fixation some fans have latched onto or significantly worse overall quarterback play from Prescott thus far that has been quantified by some fans to change their minds. I know people think what they think should not deviate from what decision makers believe should happen but this may be another perfect scenario that might surprise some people come new contract time--when it should not come as a surprise whatsoever given all the circumstances involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.