To all those saying Dak Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not only did he force it but he threw it late, and behind the WR to the only spot the defender could make a play on the ball.

That ball has to be thrown towards the sideline where only the WR can make a play on it.

edit: Even on the Austin int, I will argue if you throw enough bad passes, eventually something bad is going to happen. No coincidence that tipped balls are becoming a thing.

That tipped ball is on Austin. Dak does have issues with accuracy. But lets factual here. That tipped ball was on Austin and he should have caught it.

Brax

Reaction score
Dez could be a #2 at best when playing with a #1... He is definitely not a #1 anymore.

Take a look at how wide open this #2 WR got

The problem is Dak misses that throw 7 out of 10 times with 2 of the 3 catch-able ones being a Dez magic type catch and 1 good easy catch ball. There would be no discussion if Dak threw balls like that consistently. There is all kinds of game film showing wide open Dallas receivers all over the field this season problem is Dak can get the ball to them, over thrown, under-thrown, hit the ground, does not even throw to them , that's the problem Dak just plain isn't a starting QB he is a back up at best. I guess HOF QB TA could only hit wide open guys that's why he was good, Dak will never be what you keep telling yourself and are trying sell here, he is not a good NFL QB.

Brax

Reaction score
I think the more concise question is, "Does the Dallas front office believe Prescott can be a franchise quarterback?" I believe the answer is and has been yes from the beginning.

The front office placed their entire faith into a rookie quarterback leading the team to a Super Bowl. The front office 'essentially' waived their previous franchise quarterback at midseason in doing so.

In hindsight, their decision can be questioned as a premature judgment but it happened. Quarterbacks are the most premium investment in the NFL. This front office in particular has a long running established history for how they acquire prospective and veteran quarterbacks via the draft, trade and/or free agency. Prescott has proven that, under the right circumstances, can a) win games and b) can help lead the team to the playoffs.

Those two items happened also. In my opinion, Prescott had already met the front office's (a.k.a. Jones) conditions as a long-term investment at the position. I also believe it will take far more than this 200-yard fixation some fans have latched onto or significantly worse overall quarterback play from Prescott thus far that has been quantified by some fans to change their minds. I know people think what they think should not deviate from what decision makers believe should happen but this may be another perfect scenario that might surprise some people come new contract time--when it should not come as a surprise whatsoever given all the circumstances involved.
the only reason Dak gets a new contract (and I believe he will as much as I dislike the thought) is because Jerry will sign him out of spite because of what he has said about him, everyone should at this point understand that Jerry is a legend in his own mind and not signing Dak would be admitting he was wrong. Prescott is leading the Cowboys nowhere but to more mediocrity. 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 9-7 those will be the good years with Dak to look forward to.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak shouldn't get a huge 2nd contract but probably will. Even crappy QBs are getting paid entirely too much. At that point, my expectations will increase and I will become a Dak hater because he will probably not meet those expectations. He will have to start "carrying" the team with a hefty salary. I don't expect a 4th round QB making $600K to carry the team right now. I expect the team to carry the QB in our current situation.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the only reason Dak gets a new contract (and I believe he will as much as I dislike the thought) is because Jerry will sign him out of spite because of what he has said about him, everyone should at this point understand that Jerry is a legend in his own mind and not signing Dak would be admitting he was wrong. Prescott is leading the Cowboys nowhere but to more mediocrity. 7-9, 8-8, 6-10 9-7 those will be the good years with Dak to look forward to.
Certainly others will see it the same way. Very few people consider Jones makes a great deal of decisions based on his self-belief that his decisions are logical--despite what others deem are illogical reasons and may be in fact correct in their conclusions. In short, Jones is always out to 'get them' and make their lives miserable. Nearly 30 years of Jones being Jones should have (at least) convinced some people that Jones may often truly believe his own ****. However that conclusion would force some people to finally acknowledge everyone, including billionaires, do not always think the same way as they do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak shouldn't get a huge 2nd contract but probably will. Even crappy QBs are getting paid entirely too much.
I am not defining Prescott whatsoever but it warms my heart whenever ANYONE can look beyond financial concepts and perceive the real economic realities of professional sports.

Brax

Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.
Ken this is the third or so time I've seen "I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board " please stop you will keep coming back because you enjoy it just like everyone else does, enjoy it, at the end of the day anything anyone says on this board will not change anything that happens with the DC. No matter what anyone says it will not change your view regardless of the evidence, look the cowboys are number 2 in rushing, that will not change your view of "We were ineffective in the run game" - game tape on this board showing time and again open receivers and not covered receivers game after game, it will not change your view of "Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely" . - Tape showing Austin jumping and extending and just not getting high enough (ball being too high doesn't matter) will not change your view of "Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and?" . I do not hate Dak I do not think anyone does but he just isn't very good, that's what the facts point out to this point. You keep going to Romo, who cares what TR did or didn't do, last I checked he didn't play for them last year or this year, that all on Dak period. Dak is a 3rd year starter as a 3rd year starter he isn't fit to carry, Tony's, Troy's, Danny's, Roger's, Craig's or Don's jock strap, that's just the way it is, and you know that is ok because at the end of the day it doesn't effect us in any way.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Every expert I've heard discuss it said it was a bad pass. Austin went as high as he could. If it was on target, he scores easily. Wide open.
It can be a bad pass and still one that should have been caught.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak shouldn't get a huge 2nd contract but probably will. Even crappy QBs are getting paid entirely too much. At that point, my expectations will increase and I will become a Dak hater because he will probably not meet those expectations. He will have to start "carrying" the team with a hefty salary. I don't expect a 4th round QB making $600K to carry the team right now. I expect the team to carry the QB in our current situation.
They really aren't. Because if you ain't got a QB, you got nothing. Which means there is an incredible need to find a good one. Which means even an average or below average QB has extreme value. Simply nature of the position.

erod

Reaction score
It can be a bad pass and still one that should have been caught.
He did the best he was capable of at that speed. I leaped as high as he could, and it was off his fingertips.

Lautenberg defends Dak all the time, but he said that was a bad pass. He's losing faith in him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I can't do it anymore...i can't come on this board and see all of this lazy and useless analysis.

Every pass that isn't perfect is hyper anayzed and overly critiqued to being Dak's fault. Ooooohhhhhh....that ball to Austin requires him to raise his and and jump....and? Did you watch the Texans catching balls all over the place? Did you watch any other nfl games where guys are catching balls all over the place?

Newsflash....we have NO weapons. Who is our guy we are going to with any consistency on 3rd and 7? Who is beating coverage? Nobe of them do it. Not even Beasely.

A few points to ponder:
* we are a running team with a ton invested in the OL and RB. We were ineffective in the run game.
*Both interceptions hit the wrs in the hands.

*Dak Bashers....at this point in Romo's career...he was still carrying a clip board and didn't start his first game until a few more weeks.

It is a travesty how we have given this young qb nothing to work with. I fear we are ruining him with the crapshow we have surrounded him with.

So Ken...have you had a chance to go back and look @ the all-22? Did you see how many people were running wide open all over the place...and Dak just flat out didn't see them? Throw in the fumbles..and IMO that might have been one of the worst games I've seen out of him.

Some people will say...well if we win like that...then I'll take those results. Well...people need to realize 2 things.

1. We got lucky the ball bounced our way....those should have been turnovers. And your not gonna beat good teams turning the ball over.

2. Your not gonna beat good teams if you can't find the open receivers ..and get them the football.

That is all...:rolleyes:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He did the best he was capable of at that speed. I leaped as high as he could, and it was off his fingertips.

Lautenberg defends Dak all the time, but he said that was a bad pass. He's losing faith in him.
Yes it was a bad pass. It should have also been caught. He did get 2 hands on it. Both things can happen. It doesn't have to be only one. Did you blame Romo for bad passes that were tipped and intercepted when they could have been caught too?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Then we are forced to watch Hopkins make finger tip and sliding catches while our guys tip it to the other team . Not hard to see why Dak dosent want to throw it into tight windows . Nobody can make a play !!

Hopkins did not make any fingertip catches. Sliding catches are pretty easy. None of the Hopkins catches were anywhere near the difficulty level of the pass to Austin.

Dak doesn't like doing it, because he's not good at it. He throws to the wrong spot so that the defender not only can make a play, but they are often times in better position than the WR to do so. He also sails passes and doesn't use touch which also leads to a lot of balls getting tipped up.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Every expert I've heard discuss it said it was a bad pass. Austin went as high as he could. If it was on target, he scores easily. Wide open.

A bad pass or not. It should still have been caught. It was a little high. But still catchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.