Today I lost what little respect I had left for Jerry Jones

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sorry but where the hell are you guys getting this crap from?

I've yet to see one freakin link or one freakin quote on this damn subject

Doomsday101

Reaction score
xWraithx;2476499 said:
I'm sorry but where the hell are you guys getting this crap from?

I've yet to see one freakin link or one freakin quote on this damn subject

I think fans make a bigger issue out of this than the media has. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476500 said:
I think fans make a bigger issue out of this than the media has. :laugh2:

No, it was on the Yahoo front page and all over ESPN.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;2476506 said:
No, it was on the Yahoo front page and all over ESPN.

I guess I missed it because the only real outcry I have even heard on this issue has been here with some fans who I think are taking the bait and running with it. This is not a big deal but it is quickly turning into one with the fan over reaction but then that is what our fans seem to do the best.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476530 said:
I guess I missed it because the only real outcry I have even heard on this issue has been here with some fans who I think are taking the bait and running with it. This is not a big deal but it is quickly turning into one with the fan over reaction but then that is what our fans seem to do the best.

A loss = a VERY long week.

Relax and hold tight-the playoff race is going to be a nailbiter...we'll be fine.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476530 said:

heh I knew it went national the second my wife ask me about it this morning! She doesn't read Cowboys news. So if she knows about it, it has his the Associated Press wire.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boysboy;2476534 said:
A loss = a VERY long week.

Relax and hold tight-the playoff race is going to be a nailbiter...we'll be fine.

I don't allow other fans or tabloid journalist to dictate my feelings. I believe in this team and think we will make a strong push for the post-season. I think this is a bunch of nothing that is being turned into a mountain by some but they clearly have the right to feel however they want.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Barber didn't miss the game because of his toe, he missed the game because of his calf, which the Dallas media didn't know when Jerry spoke Sunday.

So when Jerry made a comment about Barber's toe not being bad enough to keep him out of the game -- which is true -- suddenly the Dallas media thinks he was questioning Barber's toughness -- which is not true.

And now the Dallas media is backing off and trying to cover itself, while the national media (ESPN, Yahoo, etc.) is running with the "toughness" angle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;2476541 said:
heh I knew it went national the second my wife ask me about it this morning! She doesn't read Cowboys news. So if she knows about it, it has his the Associated Press wire.

Jerry farts and it makes national news. Again I think many are taking the bait and running with this. It is not a big issue and it is not a distraction. Has Barber came out and said anything about the issue? Do you think Barber will run with less determination than he has thus far in his career?

rcaldw

Reaction score
5Countem5;2476485 said:
There's a simple fact here.

Just because it bothers us couch-riders- doesn't mean it bothers a player.

"Players talk about DISTRACTIONS. PLAYERS talk about distractions. And I don't care what the most rabid Jerry Jones supporter wants to say, where you have Jerry you have distractions."

There is another simple fact in my statement that you continue to conveniently pass over.

There have been MANY players who talk about how outside distractions are things they don't want to have to deal with. Can't blame them. And in Dallas you always have more than your fair share.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief;2476562 said:

Laugh all you want but it seems the only feelings getting hurt are by fans who many do not like Jerry to begin with. This is Jerry's team for those who don't like it too damn bad go find another team to cheer for because this team will be in the Jones family for years to come.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476571 said:
Laugh all you want but it seems the only feelings getting hurt are by fans who many do not like Jerry to begin with. This is Jerry's team for those who don't like it too damn bad go find another team to cheer for because this team will be in the Jones family for years to come.

You know Barber would never comment on that, much less anything else.

Don't use Barber's silence as a reason that nothing happened or nothing bothers him.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw;2476569 said:
"Players talk about DISTRACTIONS. PLAYERS talk about distractions. And I don't care what the most rabid Jerry Jones supporter wants to say, where you have Jerry you have distractions."

There is another simple fact in my statement that you continue to conveniently pass over.

There have been MANY players who talk about how outside distractions are things they don't want to have to deal with. Can't blame them. And in Dallas you always have more than your fair share.

So you think Dallas will lose this week because of this? Score less points? Nor play as well defensively? Would they have "for sure" won without this story? Will, say Newman, forget to cover a guy because he was thinking about Jerry's comments?

What are the ramifications? What is the result?

Reaction score
5Countem5;2476294 said:
He never questioned Barber "directly or indirectly" ...

For all of you who are questioning whether Jones said it or not....he did. I know that ESPN can put out some very questionable & rash statements, but this was a "quote-unquote". When they do that, they have to make VERY sure they know what they're talking about, because they can be sued for slander. If some ex-jock comes off making a negative comment about Jones, or the Cowboys, that's different. However, when they show a picture of JJ & flash the quote under his picture, it is a direct quote...period.

I was pretty stunned myself when I saw it, and Jerrah rarely surprises me anymore. Just about everyone in the media, and not just on ESPN is calling the team disfunctional. We all have to agree that most teams don't have a WR who has thrown EVERY QB he's played with under the bus, and now he's starting on Romo. I was waiting for it to happen. The owner hires every punk & trouble maker he can get his hands on because it brings attention to his team. Well, Jerry, be careful what you wish for. The attention the 'Boys are getting is mostly negative, and it's all your fault.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2476571 said:

+1
:bow:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Cogan;2476578 said:
For all of you who are questioning whether Jones said it or not....he did. I know that ESPN can put out some very questionable & rash statements, but this was a "quote-unquote". When they do that, they have to make VERY sure they know what they're talking about, because they can be sued for slander. If some ex-jock comes off making a negative comment about Jones, or the Cowboys, that's different. However, when they show a picture of JJ & flash the quote under his picture, it is a direct quote...period.

I was pretty stunned myself when I saw it, and Jerrah rarely surprises me anymore. Just about everyone in the media, and not just on ESPN is calling the team disfunctional. We all have to agree that most teams don't have a WR who has thrown EVERY QB he's played with under the bus, and now he's starting on Romo. I was waiting for it to happen. The owner hires every punk & trouble maker he can get his hands on because it brings attention to his team. Well, Jerry, be careful what you wish for. The attention the 'Boys are getting is mostly negative, and it's all your fault.

Try understanding the context before deciding Jerry has done something he has never, ever done before when he had much better opportunities.