Today is the Giants Game, and.........

willia451

Reaction score
I log on out here and its still all about relationships.

Let me ask you something. Why do we care so much, what the relationships are between players and players, players and coaches, owners and players? Whatever. Don't we have our OWN relationships to focus on? In our own lives? I know I do.

We have spent a lot of valuable time and energy, arguing about and talking about all of these relationships. And the Giants are in town today, with a big, must win (more or less) game for us on the table.

But we still angst and whine and wring our hands about relationships between men. And how they are working that out, or not working that out. Relationships between MEN, on a FOOTBALL team of all things for God's sake.

There is something both disturbing and disgusting about it. And I'm wondering, who is MORE dysfunctional? The team? The media? Or us, the fans?

I think I know the answer.

Go Cowboys!!!!

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
willia451;2488540 said:
I log on out here and its still all about relationships.

Let me ask you something. Why do we care so much, what the relationships are between players and players, players and coaches, owners and players? Whatever. Don't we have our OWN relationships to focus on? In our own lives? I know I do.

We have spent a lot of valuable time and energy, arguing about and talking about all of these relationships. And the Giants are in town today, with a big, must win (more or less) game for us on the table.

But we still angst and whine and wring our hands about relationships between men. And how they are working that out, or not working that out. Relationships between MEN, on a FOOTBALL team of all things for God's sake.

There is something both disturbing and disgusting about it. And I'm wondering, who is MORE dysfunctional? The team? The media? Or us, the fans?

I think I know the answer.

Go Cowboys!!!!

The "relationships" amongst teammates can have a huge impact on how a team performs. If there is division between the players, it can adversely impact their performance. You have to take strongly into account how the players on a team get along. That is why it is a big topic.

That being said, I'm not sure how much of this stuff about the Cowboys to believe. Is it as bad as the media is making it out to be or are they just trying to attract attention to the publication they work for? I think it may be somewhere in between with some friction among a couple of players but not the trickle down effect that is being portrayed.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If Dallas takes care of business like it should tonight none of what did or didn't happen this week will matter.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Tom [Giants fan];2488556 said:
The "relationships" amongst teammates can have a huge impact on how a team performs. If there is division between the players, it can adversely impact their performance. You have to take strongly into account how the players on a team get along. That is why it is a big topic.

That being said, I'm not sure how much of this stuff about the Cowboys to believe. Is it as bad as the media is making it out to be or are they just trying to attract attention to the publication they work for? I think it may be somewhere in between with some friction among a couple of players but not the trickle down effect that is being portrayed.

Like I said in another thread-even if we win both of our games this week, all may be good, but not a darn thing gets cured.

What if in the WC game in Arizona, the game is on the line in the 4...how will our divided locker room respond?

It was alot like late in the '06 Giants season when I saw the Giants beat Carolina handily in Carolina-Tiki and Coughlin were together talking and having a good laugh at the end. However-the following 2 weeks when they played competitive games against the Eagles and Saints, you saw the cracks b/w Tiki and his teammates during critical plays of that game(i.e. Tiki making half **** blocks), which all but made the difference.