Twitter: Todd Archer Notes From Camp So Far 8/26

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if Noah Brown makes this roster.
I've been mentioning Aaron Parker for a while.

I'd rather turn over the expendable Garrett holdovers unless a Brown is clearly above a Parker as an example....but this lack of a real camp hurt that.

I just hope theres a way teams can keep their own to take a longer look.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It's his best bet to stay. On the other hand, Devin Smith has value as a receiver that Noah lacks. Tough decisions will be forthcoming.
I agree with you on Smith's value as a receiver. Which would be more of an issue if Dallas didn't have better receiving options on the roster. When it comes to back end of the roster, ST ability and unique value weighs as much as traditional positional traits.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I agree with you on Smith's value as a receiver. Which would be more of an issue if Dallas didn't have better receiving options on the roster. When it comes to back end of the roster, ST ability and unique value weighs as much as traditional positional traits.

I'm sure John Fassel will have a say who he'd like to keep for his ST unit. It's easy to guess what his two cents may be. We'll see. ;)

MikeB80

Reaction score
If he doesn't he can make the Giants roster.

The giants seem like they have 4 guys they really like. Probably not going to be looking for wr.

Will be interesting to see if they pick up any of our players if they are cut. Garrett has 3 guys already on the staff that worked under him here in Columbo, Dooley and Henderson. Joe Judge better look out if his Bill Belichick impersonation doesn't work out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He brings more value to the roster than Devin Smith. Between blocking ability and ST play, he has some value, even if he is limited as a WR.
This.
Wr4-6 must be able to contribute well in special teams.
In fact, their main value to the team is in that area.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He brings more value to the roster than Devin Smith. Between blocking ability and ST play, he has some value, even if he is limited as a WR.

I suppose so. I just have never seen the speed element from Brown at the pro level the way I have with Smith.

But it definitely seems like Smith does nothing on special teams.

quickccc

Reaction score

which is why i don't want him on the roster.

We need more speed and guys that are not as limited in the pass game.
When he is in a game, its a giveaway that its a run play.
And Kellen Moore has known to be a proponent for speed;

Need special teams ?
that's when a Ventrell Bryant one of the Cowboys better special teamers comes in.