Twitter: Todd Archer Notes From Camp So Far 8/26

quickccc

Reaction score
I just heard Broaddus on the radio and he thinks Aaron Parker will be the 5th Wr,i know nothing about him but he isnt Noah Brown.He also said Rico Dowdle and Bernard will also make the team.

Speaking of Broaddus, while he was projecting the roster, i thought i heard him say that he's hearing Reggie Robinson could be trouble.?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if Noah Brown makes this roster.
why? the 5th and 6th spots are about special teams. the 5th and 6th guy probably play less than 5% of the snaps all year. not big contributors. Noah can play special teams and given how bad we were last year on ST, we really need players who take ST seriously

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There are going to be some unfair cuts made to this roster of players that were never given a proper chance to earn a spot on this roster. That is just an unavoidable truth given the lost opportunities with preseason games being canceled. With that said, there is some new talent here that's making heads turn. #44, Francis Bernard is one of those players, Bradley Anae is another. Bernard is a UDFA. He's winning favor with many of the coaching staff.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if Noah Brown makes this roster.

I wouldn’t be. If you are the 5th WR you had better be able to do a whole bunch of things. Devin Smith does nothing, so he’s out. I think JVJ spends another year on the PS. To me it’s down to Brown and Ventell Bryant for the last spot .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t be. If you are the 5th WR you had better be able to do a whole bunch of things. Devin Smith does nothing, so he’s out. I think JVJ spends another year on the PS. To me it’s down to Brown and Ventell Bryant for the last spot .

Think first type second.
That “nothing” that Smith did in 4 games last year is more than Brown has done in his entire career.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
i thought it got bumped to 55 man roster?

From what I understand teams can temporarily elevate up to two players from its practice squad each week on top of the 53. The big difference is those players are still under their Practice Squad Player Contract and not an NFL Player Contract.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Speaking of Broaddus, while he was projecting the roster, i thought i heard him say that he's hearing Reggie Robinson could be trouble.?

he did say t\that but its hard to imagine them giving up on a 4th Rd CB especially when we have a lot of injured CBs right now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just heard Broaddus on the radio and he thinks Aaron Parker will be the 5th Wr,i know nothing about him but he isnt Noah Brown.He also said Rico Dowdle and Bernard will also make the team.

I’m going to play a personal game of ‘Beat Bryan’ when it comes to roster forecasting.

Parker isn’t making it and neither is Dowdle.

Bernard is a virtual lock at this point so that’s low hanging fruit.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I’m going to play a personal game of ‘Beat Bryan’ when it comes to roster forecasting.

Parker isn’t making it and neither is Dowdle.

Bernard is a virtual lock at this point so that’s low hanging fruit.

I agree with you on Dowdle,there is no need to have him on the 53 especially withe the new PS rules where you can protect some players from poaching.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you on Dowdle,there is no need to have him on the 53 especially withe the new PS rules where you can protect some players from poaching.

Yep. I expect both he and Parker to be moved there.

quickccc

Reaction score
he did say t\that but its hard to imagine them giving up on a 4th Rd CB especially when we have a lot of injured CBs right now.

yeh i don't see giving up on a 4th rounder this early, this quickly either. Even if he is having a shaky camp.
Some guys just need more time to develop than others.

I could see Robinson on special teams this year as a rookie, but otherwise could see him basically being red shirted
in the defensive packages this year. He's looking like next year's project.

And he may be more projected at safety than he is at CB.
Giving our eventually hopeful pandemic recovery . a full offseason program, OTAs, another training camp, and he'll have
necessary preseason games next year that he clearly needs right now. .

quickccc

Reaction score
From what I understand teams can temporarily elevate up to two players from its practice squad each week on top of the 53. The big difference is those players are still under their Practice Squad Player Contract and not an NFL Player Contract.

and i thought one of those last two 55 roster spots has to be an offensive lineman ?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And when a receiver’s best attribute is ‘blocking’?

Uh, no.
Right? And it's not like it's some tactical advantage. Teams know what's up when Noah enters the game.
And I haven't seen our team take advantage and fool the other teams with him yet.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
which is why i don't want him on the roster.

We need more speed and guys that are not as limited in the pass game.
When he is in a game, its a giveaway that its a run play.
And Kellen Moore has known to be a proponent for speed;

Need special teams ?
that's when a Ventrell Bryant one of the Cowboys better special teamers comes in.

Noah Brown singlehandedly also made us lose in the playoffs last year to Seattle. He is Garrett's pet cat and was used extensively during that game. He should be cut and play for Garrett's team. That way he can help screw up their offense like how he did when playing against Seattle.