Twitter: Todd Archer Notes From Camp So Far 8/26

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
which is why i don't want him on the roster.

We need more speed and guys that are not as limited in the pass game.
When he is in a game, its a giveaway that its a run play.
And Kellen Moore has known to be a proponent for speed;

Need special teams ?
that's when a Ventrell Bryant one of the Cowboys better special teamers comes in.
I can understand this point of view, he has to offer some semblance of a threat in the passing game or he loses value (if defenses start playing an extra LB when he is in the game instead of a DB). It could come down to Bryant v Brown and ST will be a big part of that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll be shocked if Noah Brown makes this roster.
I would be too. The kid has SOME talent. CD made it rough on him. He has one of the most awesome catches in the history of the NCAA. His real problems is snaps. He had limited ones at tOSU and here too.

I think he just hasn't developed the Eye of The Tiger. Hasn't been able to. It's a darn shame too....but I am hoping he can show enough to make the team or at least PS.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
which is why i don't want him on the roster.

We need more speed and guys that are not as limited in the pass game.
When he is in a game, its a giveaway that its a run play.
And Kellen Moore has known to be a proponent for speed;

Need special teams ?
that's when a Ventrell Bryant one of the Cowboys better special teamers comes in.

So with Gallup and Ceedee....we need MORE speed? I'm not sure.....I think we need bigger tougher blocking WRs.

I don't yet know much about Ventrell...but I would still be okay with Devin.

This WR crew is....unspeakable.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I suppose so. I just have never seen the speed element from Brown at the pro level the way I have with Smith.

But it definitely seems like Smith does nothing on special teams.

They are different type of receivers. We may have to decide which type is most needed on the depth chart. Tough choices ahead at WR for sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's such a zero.

"But he's a great blocker!" Well, fine. Put a TE out there and you have an even better blocker. Clearly he's not going to be in formations where he's going to be a primary or secondary receiver.

#progressstopper
Bulll SHEEET! His only problem is limited play. He may need to get a little hungry....but got game. And WHAT #4 or #5 or #6 is going to be a "primary #1 receiver"?...that is such a ridiculous statement is pathetic. I give you The Catch at the 2:00 mark.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys top 3 wide receivers are the Three Muskateers..
The Cowboys bottom 3 wide receivers are The Suck and Tears.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you have to have someone that can heave it 50 yards downfield to take advantage of Devin Smith.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
and i thought one of those last two 55 roster spots has to be an offensive lineman ?

Good call, that's what I read as well. I'm curious as to if a team only wants to activate one player, what position does it need to be? I can't figure out a reason as to why a team would only activate only one, but maybe there's something I don't know.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ive been wishing for a couple of years now that Noah would add 20 lbs or so and become a hybrid TE/WR.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Right? And it's not like it's some tactical advantage. Teams know what's up when Noah enters the game.
And I haven't seen our team take advantage and fool the other teams with him yet.
Well. Why fool them when you can just “beat the guy in front of you” so glad that mantra is now in New York lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said the same but looking more & more like we'll be shocked

Even amid all th good they've done, they still find ways you both shock and disappoint. After all, at this point Crawford is still set to cost $9.1 million for 2020.

lkelly

Reaction score
Bulll SHEEET! His only problem is limited play. He may need to get a little hungry....but got game. And WHAT #4 or #5 or #6 is going to be a "primary #1 receiver"?...that is such a ridiculous statement is pathetic. I give you The Catch at the 2:00 mark.

Ah, the old "let's get out the old draft highlights to justify a guy a who has done nothing in the NFL in 3 seasons." He has 9 career catches. I don't care if he's Larry Allen out blocking on a DB in the 8 snaps he gets on offense. That's a progress stopper. And you inserted the "#1" into my quote (therefore it's no longer a quote). I'm referring to the primary or secondary option on a play.

But back to his college tape. He had 411 career yards. He had 7 total touchdowns, and 4 of them came in one game against a terrible Oklahoma defense (69th in the NCAA). He never once had a 100 yard game. He had two 50 yard games. I'm guessing his last 100 yard game came in high school, but I'm just making the assumption that he had one then. All his stats came in one 2016 season for the Buckeyes - his freshman year he had 1 catch for 9 yards and lost 4 yards on one rushing attempt. Heck, one could argue that he was a progress stopper on that 2016 Ohio State team which had Terry McLaurin, KJ Hill, Parris Campbell, Binjimen Victor, and Austin Mack all waiting to get more reps.

It's time to cut bait on Brown. Let him simulate one of the Eagles' terrible WRs on the practice squad if you don't want to give away his locker.

J-man

Reaction score
Interesting on Armstong.

I wouldnt have thought that.

Theres depth in that front seven.

Griffen should have been brought in long ago.

I have been a semi-closet Armstrong fan and think the kid has a chance to be pretty good. The line does look to be good and deep for once.

I too wanted Griffen long before we got him but in hind sight it was a really smart move by the FO. Can't remember what it was, but there was some kind of a benefit to that.

A little help anyone?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah, the old "let's get out the old draft highlights to justify a guy a who has done nothing in the NFL in 3 seasons." He has 9 career catches. I don't care if he's Larry Allen out blocking on a DB in the 8 snaps he gets on offense. That's a progress stopper. And you inserted the "#1" into my quote (therefore it's no longer a quote). I'm referring to the primary or secondary option on a play.

But back to his college tape. He had 411 career yards. He had 7 total touchdowns, and 4 of them came in one game against a terrible Oklahoma defense (69th in the NCAA). He never once had a 100 yard game. He had two 50 yard games. I'm guessing his last 100 yard game came in high school, but I'm just making the assumption that he had one then. All his stats came in one 2016 season for the Buckeyes - his freshman year he had 1 catch for 9 yards and lost 4 yards on one rushing attempt. Heck, one could argue that he was a progress stopper on that 2016 Ohio State team which had Terry McLaurin, KJ Hill, Parris Campbell, Binjimen Victor, and Austin Mack all waiting to get more reps.

It's time to cut bait on Brown. Let him simulate one of the Eagles' terrible WRs on the practice squad if you don't want to give away his locker.

I'm not defending his NFL career...per se. Nor that we HAVE to keep him. I am saying he's not a garbage player.

It's funny we beeched and moaned and beeched some more about our poor coaching, game and player management. BUT! we CHOOSE to trust them if it advances our agenda.....it's the player's fault. Brown MUST be complete garbage since our sheety coaches didn't utitlze him. Didn't? Or wouldn;t or couldn't?

If you cared to read my posts instead of knee jerking...you'd see I said he has a lack of downs. That is indeed problematic and challenging. At tOSU...there were some injuries and incredible WR roster to share snaps with...which you listed and those guys ALL got snaps and went on to be great receivers anyway...despite your (phony) "progress stopper" theory. I also said he might get a PS spot here as an asset. .

I just don;t get some of you guys here. You either argue things not said- made up in your head...or you argue stuff we agree on. It's maddening.