Twitter: Todd France and CAA part ways

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So does this mean Dak will have a new agent? Most of these agencies make their agents sign noncompete agreements barring them from taking clients with them if they leave.
Since that is a company run by lawyers, I would be shocked if he took any of "his" clients with him unless they made an agreement. He did have future earnings coming from the contracts in place and a lot of this is dependent on who's impetus the split was, a man being the one wanting out of a marriage is a lot more cooperative than the other way around.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is amusing to see posters blame the agent when they have no idea of the details of this. Prescott signed with France for a reason.

If anyone here tells me that you wouldn't go balls to the wall for a star player up against the Joneses, you're nuts! They're the worst blinkers in the league.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak now has a chance to sign in Dallas next year with Todd France imploding. Its still long shot .. It will take a convincing SB appearance. More than likely, Dak leaves next year via a tag and trade . The ball is in Daks court. Hope he bet on himself wisely.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Knowing Daks high character and the guy he is, I DO BLAME THE AGENT, WITH HIGH CONFIDENCE. Dak is young, he made a mistake. I do not think that is a leap of faith at all.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak now has a chance to sign in Dallas next year with Todd France imploding. Its still long shot .. It will take a convincing SB appearance. More than likely, Dak leaves next year via a tag and trade . The ball is in Daks court. Hope he bet on himself wisely.
Not sure it's a long shot.

IMO, focusing on getting 4 yrs instead of 5 was very stupid and never made sense. Sounds like some crapp a saboteur agent will pull.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Just a side note here because you make a good point. I just wanted to point something out.

For example, the contracts between Goff and Dak would have ended up similar regardless. Since Dak would be signing a new contract, not an extension, he'd probably play 4 out of the 5 years before asking for an extension. The last year of his contract he'd never see anyway. That would get restructured and pushed forward. In those 4 years Dak would get between 107-110 million. Same with Goff. Same with Wentz. So they would all be playing 4 years with the same amount of guarantees. So technically you're right because you're counting the 5th year. But in reality it doesn't play a role.

People keep saying this but what others have left on their contracts versus brand new deals are immaterial when you're talking numbers and the numbers people look at are the new money. Again, I'm no expert on the ins and outs of contracts by any means but it just makes logical sense that if someone gets a 4-year deal (extension) at $110M guaranteed, you'd have to offer more to get a player to sign a 5-year deal. Whether they have a year on their contract left or not is for that team's cap situation. The numbers say 4 years, $110M. A 5-year, $110M is just not the same thing. Goff and Wentz are also getting their 1st round rookie salaries for that team to worry about. Dak got peanuts on his 4th round salary so Dallas didn't have that extra burden to spread around unless they overspent elsewhere. That wouldn't be on Dak.

Here's the article I keep referencing where it analyzes other QB deals in good detail including Goff and Wentz' extensions. The figure at the end states that if you look comparatively, a 5-year deal should yield $130M guaranteed. This appears to look at Goff and Wentz' deals from a new money aspect, which any agent would and it appears the past deals were granted as such. If I'm missing something, I'd like to know because every time I present this article no one can tell me where it's off-base, if it is at all.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-even-if-the-cowboys-qb-wants-to-go-shorter/

glimmerman

Reaction score
Substantiated?
Not 100%. I follow a guy on youtube I think his name is Holmes. Usually does some videos by his goldfish pond. lol. He said his source said Dak and france parted ways and france and caa parted ways also. So I am not sure, just what I heard. I hope it’s right.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak didn't even need an agent. How hard could the negotiations have been? I could have negotiated myself. $50M Signing Bonus, $75M guaranteed, 5 year $150M plus whatever standard incentives Jerry and Stephen want to include.

Done. And no agent fees.

It honestly would have taken me one minute to strike a deal with Jerry and Stephen.
Sure you could if you don't care about your client's best interest. lol Come back at me bro by saying something else dumb. lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It is amusing to see posters blame the agent when they have no idea of the details of this. Prescott signed with France for a reason.

If anyone here tells me that you wouldn't go balls to the wall for a star player up against the Joneses, you're nuts! They're the worst blinkers in the league.

Hopefully they are done blinking..

Dak is not worth what he is asking and thankfully they didn’t give it.

Most of these guys getting huge deals have teams going to or winning Superbowls when they are on rookie deals.

Dallas should pressure him to take a 28 -30 million dollar a year deal that goes void if he gets to a Super Bowl. I’d even settle for a NFC championship void.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever is responsible for not making the deal, agent or player, we are the winners because he's on a one year prove it with a new HC and they can sign him after this season to a long term deal or explore other options, including another tag.

I just flat don't get the disappointment with this situation.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not 100%. I follow a guy on youtube I think his name is Holmes. Usually does some videos by his goldfish pond. lol. He said his source said Dak and france parted ways and france and caa parted ways also. So I am not sure, just what I heard. I hope it’s right.
I follow Mark Holmes too...actually I just unsubbed from him. He gets alot wrong. Good guy, but gets his wires crossed. I do not think Dak has parted ways with his agent yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a guy worth subbing too and following is ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE***. He usually has facts and sauce.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Only reason I stopped watching him was he was getting weird on his takes. I think you know what I mean.I am just a football purest and having a guy veer off the path into stuff just hits me wrong. So I bowed out. Well meaning dude.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I agree. When I heard that Dak was talking with SJ and JJ I figured a deal would get done. And I can’t remember the other 2 players either but your right. He had 2’other playing on the tag. He is either asking to much or not doing his job. He had bosa and tannehill and got them money but left 3 sitting. I know the other 2 playing on the tag aren’t big named players. I am thinking he is asking to much in a uncertain year. Just found it strange that Dak was able to get something done when france couldn’t. It maybe that when france pulled the plug on a hand shake deal last year that may have ticked JJ off so the Joneses refused to work with him. Should have called Dak earlier but both sides may be ok with the tag this year.
It was Justin Simmons and Bud Dupree.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...gn-an-extension-on-the-franchise-tag-deadline

cern

Reaction score
Since that is a company run by lawyers, I would be shocked if he took any of "his" clients with him unless they made an agreement. He did have future earnings coming from the contracts in place and a lot of this is dependent on who's impetus the split was, a man being the one wanting out of a marriage is a lot more cooperative than the other way around.
You don't have to be an attorney to be an agent. Just a good negotiator and poker player.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sounds to me as if you want to hold out and end up playing on the tag, hire France.

cern

Reaction score

Worst blinkers??? Doubt dak would agree.