Told you we should have drafted Drew Lock

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And Dak was 13-3 and got rookie of the year, whats your point?

If anything we should have traded back for future draft picks and picked up Henry in the 2nd round but now look at the overpaid mess we’re stuck with.
Traded back and got Sheldon Rankins, Michael Thomas and Derrick Henry....... much better then just Zeke at 4 overall.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Definitely right about team records not being QB stats.

But I suspect Lock’s rookie numbers would have been WAY higher than they were if he was surrounded by Dallas’ offensive talent.
For all we know, the team could've been 5-0. All speculation...from both ends.

Maybe. I'd have to go look at Denver's defensive performances. Although our offense has let us down at times, our defense has made good to great performances by our QBs be not enough. That happens for all teams at times, but too often for this team, especially under Garrett.

Also, I don't know much about Denver's OC, but Garrett's offensive philosophy was a handicap that our QBs had to overcome.

Londonboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

zerofill

Reaction score
Back then, that rating was good. Now, if you're not in the upper-90s to 100s, you're average at best ratingswise.

I do agree that there are other factors that have to be considered, but more so with win-loss. You can't tell how well a QB played by the team's record. A good team needs much less from its QB than a bad one.

I agree... I wouldn't judge by win/loss either.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Posted a long time ago we should draft Drew Lock....

He was 4-1 as a starter for the Broncos and looks to have a bright future, everything you would want from a QB

Wen oils have got him for nothing and paying him peanuts.....now we are stuck with this Dak mess
who or what is Wen oils.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Traded back and got Sheldon Rankins, Michael Thomas and Derrick Henry....... much better then just Zeke at 4 overall.
It should always be simple with the RB,, why is this so hard for franchises to understand.
They have been in business for a very long time, dealing with the numbers, the cap, how do we fit this together every year,, but you still see this very fundamental blunder from teams including the Cowboys that make this mistake.
Has to be included as one of the great wonders of the world, or we just write it off as uber rich drunk party and anything goes.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In other words, he more than made up for it by drafting Dak

In other words, he fell into a better QB than trying to trade up for one. He actually tried to trade up for Connor Cook in the 3rd round too before settling for Dak.

And who can forget Jerry's man crush for Johnny Football? Q Car flopped, fell into Romo. Jerry has better luck picking QBs by accident.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

He was 4-1 as a starter for the Broncos and looks to have a bright future, everything you would want from a QB

Wen oils have got him for nothing and paying him peanuts.....now we are stuck with this Dak mess
I wonder how many people said the same thing about Dak after he went 13-3 as a rookie?

Probably a lot.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not attacking anybody, but we're going by a five game sample size to determine Drew Lock would have been the answer?

Sure, the Dak mess could've been avoided, in lieu of a Drew Lock mess a few years down the road instead.

Dallas should have re-signed Dak the same time the Eagles paid Wentz.

aria

Reaction score
Could have picked Buckner and Ngakoue in addition to Henry which is what we should have done. Our D line would have been stout and we still would have had a great RB at literally half the price.

Gaede

Reaction score

Lol, Dak went 13-3, won rookie of the year, and had one of if not the best rookie years of any QB in NFL history.

But Drew went 4-1?!?! Wow!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Could have picked Buckner and Ngakoue in addition to Henry which is what we should have done. Our D line would have been stout and we still would have had a great RB at literally half the price.
Well the reason I said Michael Thomas is because you wouldn't have had to give up a 1st for Cooper and then you could have drafted Adderley or Thornhill plus they could have wasted a pick on Hill still

aria

Reaction score
Well the reason I said Michael Thomas is because you wouldn't have had to give up a 1st for Cooper and then you could have drafted Adderley or Thornhill plus they could have wasted a pick on Hill still
That would have worked great as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

what are the better odds.
Drew Lock = Drew Brees or Drew Lock = Drew Henson. :laugh:

we have Dak, he was 13-3 his rookie season.