Tom Brady - Broken Mind, Body, and Soul?

GreenMean69

Reaction score
LOL!! People have been saying "a sharp decline is right around the corner" and complaining about the "zip" on his passes regarding Tom Brady for 5 years now. Meanwhile, he just won MVP, has 3 consecutive years of 100+ QB ratings and in the past 4 years has 3 conference championships and 2 Super Bowl Championships.

at 35 "5 years ago : was more wishful / hopefull thinking . 40 + the body is just not the same and no matter how much crap he tries wont change that. Does not mean he is not healthy or above the average man. But the beating the body takes will add up and it did this year.

Ghost12

Reaction score
at 35 "5 years ago : was more wishful / hopefull thinking . 40 + the body is just not the same and no matter how much crap he tries wont change that. Does not mean he is not healthy or above the average man. But the beating the body takes will add up and it did this year.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh........... so when everyone said it 5 years ago, they knew they were wrong, but this time ******, we really mean it!!! :rolleyes:

GreenMean69

Reaction score
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh........... so when everyone said it 5 years ago, they knew they were wrong, but this time ******, we really mean it!!! :rolleyes:

did you not watch his games this year ? Or do you just watch highlights and only the Cowboys and pass it off as knowing ?

diefree666

Reaction score
LOL!! People have been saying "a sharp decline is right around the corner" and complaining about the "zip" on his passes regarding Tom Brady for 5 years now. Meanwhile, he just won MVP, has 3 consecutive years of 100+ QB ratings and in the past 4 years has 3 conference championships and 2 Super Bowl Championships.
a light bulb sometimes burns the brightest JUST BEFORE it burns out.

GenoT

Reaction score
Tom Brady posted 500+ yards against the vaunted Eagles defense. Meanwhile, his own D was a joke.

He was moving the ball all game with Philly in his face and that was the only sack he took. It wasn’t Tom’s fault (blocking totally broke down) and Durham made a great play.

TB’s got nothing to hang his head about.

Xelda

Reaction score
Don't forget the injury to Tom Brady's hand not too long ago. At the beginning of the game, I think it was bothering him. His passes didn't look impressive. It didn't take much time for his mind to over come the matter of that injury. Only he knows for sure how much it affected him. I t think he's disappointed but not broken.

csirl

Reaction score
Regardless of the stats, there are times in recent games, including the SB, where he doesnt pass the 'eye test'.

QBs usually decline over 2 seasons.

Season 1 - still playing well, with some signs of decline from time to time.
Season 2 - sharp decline over course of the season.

This past season was season 1 for Brady. 2018 will be season 2.

DFWJC

Reaction score
For some odd reason, people have this idea that players can play forever. For QB's, 36-40 is the end. Brady is now at the far end of that spectrum. I don't care what he eats or how many workouts he does, the body starts giving way.
Nobody plays ever

But he was league MVP, THIS YEAR, and just threw for 505 yards in a Super Bowl...with his team never punting

I think maybe you better find a better example of "declining"

Pape

Reaction score
Tom has been to the top of the mountain in 50% of his playing career. Until we actually see the decline in his play that people have forecasted for years, i will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Eventually we all know it will happen, but until it does, he's my quarterback.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Tom has been to the top of the mountain in 50% of his playing career. Until we actually see the decline in his play that people have forecasted for years, i will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.

you next year :p

thats-my-quarterback.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Nobody plays ever

But he was league MVP, THIS YEAR, and just threw for 505 yards in a Super Bowl...with his team never punting

I think maybe you better find a better example of "declining"
Brady was unable to mount a comeback. A big contributing factor was the inability to throw the 20-30 yard out w/ zip through a tight window.

I think you better do a better job of evaluating "declining"!!

kskboys

Reaction score

Since you can see the decline in his play, I guess you're no longer giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Look, Brady is great. Of that there is no doubt. That's why it's tough to see the decline. Brady has an incredible football mind, which is what is allowing him to put up the stats and move the ball.

At this point, what's happening is that Brady has the needed zip. However, at 40, he only has that zip for a certain number of passes. So, you can find a play or two where he zips it in, but you can see the decline in arm strength over the course of a game. Is it blatant? Absolutely not. Brady might be the best QB I've ever seen in playing around his limitations. And he's still doing it, which is why it isn't obvious, and why he can still put up the numbers.

kskboys

Reaction score
You misunderstand me. I do not see a decline.
Sorry, didn't mean to say you personally see a decline, I meant to say that the decline is actually obvious. Thing is, Brady is just so instinctually good at this game, he's adept at covering up weaknesses and decline. It's OK as a fan to not observe these things.

Pape

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to say you personally see a decline, I meant to say that the decline is actually obvious. Thing is, Brady is just so instinctually good at this game, he's adept at covering up weaknesses and decline. It's OK as a fan to not observe these things.

lol, made me laugh with this. You certainly have a one track mind.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Brady was unable to mount a comeback. A big contributing factor was the inability to throw the 20-30 yard out w/ zip through a tight window.

I think you better do a better job of evaluating "declining"!!
You're clueless if you think a failed series, after passing for 505 yards, means a player is in clear decline.

Of course, all players eventually decline.
But Brady was outstanding in that game. Just a terrible example to make your point...imo.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're clueless if you think a failed series, after passing for 505 yards, means a player is in clear decline.

Of course, all players eventually decline.
But Brady was outstanding in that game. Just a terrible example to make your point...imo.
Actually, you're even more clueless if you think that's what I was saying.

See, you're looking for decline, and basing it purely on passing numbers. If the decline is gradual, and only shows up in certain situations, I can see why someone who lacks evaulative powers would miss it.

But, honestly. Why do you feel the need to personally attack someone because you don't agree w/ them? It really detracts from any point you're trying to make.

diefree666

Reaction score
went back and looked at the fourth quarter; and I did think that some of his passes did not have the zip they used to. But maybe because I was looking for it I saw it.
We have to be reasonable here; even Favre when he was 40 did not have the zip he had 5 years earlier; but then he had such a strong arm that his decline did not really become obvious. Of course his problem was that he never out grew being a gunslinger.