Tom Brady - Broken Mind, Body, and Soul?

Ghost12

Reaction score
did you not watch his games this year ? Or do you just watch highlights and only the Cowboys and pass it off as knowing ?
I didn't watch all his games, but I know he won the MVP this year. That means he had a better year than any other player in the league, so I'd say that's pretty good.

People who say Brady is faltering have absolutely nothing substantial to support their statement. They can't use facts or stats, just ridiculously laughable comments like "he lost his zip"

diefree666

Reaction score
I didn't watch all his games, but I know he won the MVP this year. That means he had a better year than any other player in the league, so I'd say that's pretty good.

People who say Brady is faltering have absolutely nothing substantial to support their statement. They can't use facts or stats, just ridiculously laughable comments like "he lost his zip"
so Brady is immune to the old disease? He cannot start to lose arm strength? Remember Peyton Manning was all world one year and the next hit the skids. You can be an ostrich; go right ahead

Stryker44

Reaction score
so Brady is immune to the old disease? He cannot start to lose arm strength? Remember Peyton Manning was all world one year and the next hit the skids. You can be an ostrich; go right ahead
As long as Brady keeps lifting weights, he won't lose strength.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Everyone declines

For all we know, Brady could fall off a cliff next year. Time always wins.

But the notion that he declined this year is unfounded

And by the way, I just assumed everyone knew this.....QBS are like a bit like pitchers; the arm can get more tired later in games. 48 passes in freezing weather is a LOT of passes.

Last edited:

Ghost12

Reaction score
Peyton Manning hit the skids literally overnight when the NFL started testing for HGH, one month into his final season. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

kskboys

Reaction score
went back and looked at the fourth quarter; and I did think that some of his passes did not have the zip they used to. But maybe because I was looking for it I saw it.
We have to be reasonable here; even Favre when he was 40 did not have the zip he had 5 years earlier; but then he had such a strong arm that his decline did not really become obvious. Of course his problem was that he never out grew being a gunslinger.
Yeah, it's not that blatant yet, and you do have to look for it, but he's 40, not all that hard to imagine.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sometimes I think people just live in their own little world.

kskboys

Reaction score
Everyone declines

For all we know, Brady could fall off a cliff next year. Time always wins.

But the notion that he declined this year is unfounded

And by the way, I just assumed everyone knew this.....QBS are like a bit like pitchers; the arm can get more tired later in games. 48 passes in freezing weather is a LOT of passes.
Yeah, and I assumed that everyone was aware of the fact that both pitchers and QB's lose their arm strength as they get older.

KB1122

Reaction score
He moves and throws like Bernie Kosar now. Of course, Kosar was a very good quarterback.

Pape

Reaction score
He moves and throws like Bernie Kosar now. Of course, Kosar was a very good quarterback.
Lol, come on man, Bernie kosar? The guy who spent the last four or five years as a back up?

Ghost12

Reaction score
One thing the haters don't realize is that Brady was never even known for his arm strength in the first place. I have been hearing about his inability to throw the deep ball for over a decade.

The thing that sets Brady apart from the rest are more mental than physical. Obviously he still needs to maintain the ability to throw the ball and throw it well - and this past year proved he does.

Pape

Reaction score
One thing the haters don't realize is that Brady was never even known for his arm strength in the first place. I have been hearing about his inability to throw the deep ball for over a decade.

The thing that sets Brady apart from the rest are more mental than physical. Obviously he still needs to maintain the ability to throw the ball and throw it well - and this past year proved he does.

The simple fact is, these guys don't watch Brady week in week out. They may see a game here and there, some high lights for the most part. I watch week in week out. What I have seen is a quarterback who has gotten better every year because he changes his game. Moves better in the pocket. Has a faster release on the ball.... Not sure where all this "lost his zip" stuff is coming from.... Not every ball thrown in a game needs to be thrown at 100% maximum velocity.... He has better touch and has more finesse in terms of placing the ball than he did when he was younger.... Brady is playing a more mature game.

Decline.... please. They only wish.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The simple fact is, these guys don't watch Brady week in week out. They may see a game here and there, some high lights for the most part. I watch week in week out. What I have seen is a quarterback who has gotten better every year because he changes his game. Moves better in the pocket. Has a faster release on the ball.... Not sure where all this "lost his zip" stuff is coming from.... Not every ball thrown in a game needs to be thrown at 100% maximum velocity.... He has better touch and has more finesse in terms of placing the ball than he did when he was younger.... Brady is playing a more mature game.

People see what they want to see. The people who are desperate to see Brady decline are subconsciously focusing on the one ball which was poorly thrown. But numbers don't lie, and the guy is at the top of the league.

diefree666

Reaction score
LOL at anyone that thinks age is not a factor. But then again the Brady homeboys are like any others; their star can never dim...

diefree666

Reaction score

those closest often miss things... because
A) they do not want to see
B) sometimes the decline is very gradual- if you would look at games 5 years ago and then compare them to last years you just might be surprised at what you see...

Pape

Reaction score
You guys really need to define the word "decline".

And really, in order to be able to see the "decline" in the player, you need more than a passing reference.

You may think I am too close. I think you aren't close enough.

The reference that you speak of though, everybody's game changes over a five year period. Its meaningless.

Ghost12

Reaction score
You guys really need to define the word "decline".

And really, in order to be able to see the "decline" in the player, you need more than a passing reference.
They have nothing beyond the ridiculously arbitrary "he lost his zip." Maybe Brady hits the wall this September. However, there is zero evidence of any decline. The past 3 years have been as good for Brady as any 3 year period in his entire career.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Brady is old and will inevitably decline at some point, but people forget that his velocity was never elite. His deeper passes have always been more about timing and touch than pure power, even in 2007 when slinging it to Randy Moss all day. People saying he was in physical decline in the Super Bowl are imagining a prime that never was.

His game has always been about timing and making the right reads, small movements within the pocket, and knowing when to bail on a busted play rather than forcing things. The throws themselves were rarely "wow" plays in the sense of being amazing athletic feats. It's why age has affected him relatively little so far. He's maybe the most "boring" great quarterback ever because it's all about fundamentals and the mental game.

Peyton Manning fell off a cliff in part because he never entirely got over the neck injury, so he was hanging by a thread during the entire comeback. The miracle is that it lasted as long as it did really. The bigger issue for Brady isn't decline in throwing power, but having an injury a 41 year old body simply can't come back from like it could at 31, or accumulating multiple smaller injuries that add up to a derailed season because he can't bounce back like he used to.