Tom Brady could become historically greater than all 32 NFL teams

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We hated Montana beating us but we never bashed or hated him as a QB. Opposing fans hated Staubach but they never bashed his ability.

No, students and true fans of the game embrace greatness regardless what team they’re on.

This era fans have a strange way of showing their appreciation for the game. It’s not just about the teams and players you like.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm not comparing Brady to Winston. My point was the Buccaneers are stacked. Would Winston get them here? No. But would he had made the playoffs in his 2nd year with Gronk and Antonio Brown as well? He would've. And what he Saints do with Winston has zero bearing on his skillset. When it was time for them to run a gadget play that required a arm they put Winston in there not Taysom Hill.

Brady is still one of the best QB's in the league but to printed like he's the sole reason why won yesterday is misguided and a complete lie. Three interceptions that resulted in 6 points.....
Well...this "stacked" Buccaneers team has been underchieving for a while
5 - 11 in 2017, 4th in NFC South
5 - 11 in 2018, 4th in NFC South
7 - - 9 in 2019, 3rd in NFC South
Despite yesterday's up and down performance, the Bucs were in the NFCCG because of their much improved regular season at 11-5 that got them the no. 5 playoff spot. The most significant change from 2019 to 2020 --Tampa Bay changed their starting QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well...this "stacked" Buccaneers team has been underchieving for a while
5 - 11 in 2017, 4th in NFC South
5 - 11 in 2018, 4th in NFC South
7 - - 9 in 2019, 3rd in NFC South
Despite yesterday's up and down performance, the Bucs were in the NFCCG because of their much improved regular season at 11-5 that got them the no. 5 playoff spot. The most significant change from 2019 to 2020 --Tampa Bay changed their starting QB.

Of course it was. But if that veteran was Phillip Rivers you think they would've struggled with 7 wins as well? They needed a veteran at the helm. It made so much sense to get Brady. Winston was young and reckless with the football. I'm not saying Brady isn't better than Winston. I'm saying his team is stacked and they were going to get better regardless of who was at quarterback. Mind you, they had one of the best offensive lines in the league this year...

Offensive line was a huge change for them especially drafting Wirfs...they did more than just bring in Brady. Fournette, Antonio Brown, Suh, Gronkowski.....

sean10mm

Reaction score
I mean it almost doesn't matter if Brady wins a 7th ring. He's already got double the playoff wins of Joe Montana, 2 more rings than anybody else, and he took Tampa Bay to the Super Bowl at 43 beepin' years old scoring 43 regular season touchdowns (40 passing, 3 rushing) while Belichick went 7-9 without him after going 12-4 with him on an otherwise similar Pats roster. Won 3 road playoff games to get to this point, beating supposedly superior Saints and Packers teams.

It's just... what do you even say at this point?

jsb357

Reaction score

39477229.jpg

perrykemp

Reaction score

I grew up a huge Detroit Pistons fan.. during the Bad Boys era. The Pistons teams that twice prevented Michael Jordon from advancing to the finals.

I had convinced myself for a LONG time MJ wasn't as great as everybody else in the world saw him as. This went on for a long time....

Somewhere around Ring 4 or 5 I finally acknowledge his greatness, his GOAT'ness.

Same with Brady. I've always thought he is obviously a great QB. I've never liked him. Like him or not, what else is there to say at this point? The fact that he is the greatest QB of all time isn't even debatable. The real question is whether he is the greatest player, at any position, in NFL history. He may be.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I'm not comparing Brady to Winston. My point was the Buccaneers are stacked. Would Winston get them here? No. But would he had made the playoffs in his 2nd year with Gronk and Antonio Brown as well? He would've. And what he Saints do with Winston has zero bearing on his skillset. When it was time for them to run a gadget play that required a arm they put Winston in there not Taysom Hill.

Brady is still one of the best QB's in the league but to printed like he's the sole reason why won yesterday is misguided and a complete lie. Three interceptions that resulted in 6 points.....
The only reason they put Winston in that game is because Hill was injured for that game. The fact they didn't start him when Brees was out says a lot