Tom Brady expected to sign with the Bucs

DFWJC

Reaction score
Curious to see where Winston and Newton land.

I’m assuming Cincy, Miami, and LAC will all take QBs near the top of the draft.
New England sometime in 1st two rounds....2-3 good options
Who is left
Jax?
Chicago? But seem to want give Trubisky another year, but with vet backup

Gameover

Reaction score
Brees - $25 million
Brady - $30 million
Dak - turned down $33 million what?
Both have made big money for over 15 years, and you compare them to a guy who has made chicken feed by NFL standards so far in his career?

Last edited:

SSoup

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what the dynamics are going on there in NE.
I hope somebody in that building who knows what's up writes a book or something, because I'd be fascinated to know the truth on that whole thing.

SSoup

Reaction score
He wants to win without Belichek. And Belichek wants to win without Brady

That's what this is all about. It's a high end peeing contest
I dunno. I've always assumed that's why he was trying to force his way into free agency. Because the competitor in him thinks if he wins his 7th on a new team and Belichick hopefully never wins another one, then he'll be the last man standing taking the most credit for the dynasty they had.

But if he was really that dead-set on going Super Bowl-shopping, it's a curious landing spot.

Tampa has some weapons, for sure, so maybe he likes the appeal of some of those targets. But, I mean, Brady's arm isn't as lively as it used to be (his yards per attempt have gone down three straight years, from 8.2 to 7.9 to 7.6 to 6.6)... And Bruce Arians likes the vertical stuff. So it might be an odd offensive fit.

And that's before you think about him choosing to go somewhere where he might be already be resigning himself to aiming for the wildcard and not even planning to compete for the division. It's a brave new world for him in Tampa.

I wonder if the talk that he planned on going to San Fran was the truth. And it caught him off-guard when they weren't interested.

I'm also a little surprised, if it's about proving himself for petty reasons, he didn't really go for it and pitch himself to the Bills just for the personal satisfaction of being the one to take the division from Belichick and the Pats.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Brady in Arians vertical attack with Evans, Godwin and Howard. Blimey.

The ONLY issue I see with this is that Arians gets QBs killed (His scheme is known for taking sacks), and Brady is 109 years old. But Brady also brutally sacrifices virgin teenage girls in an ancient ritual, so that will probably offset the injuries.

Praxit

Reaction score
Brady in Arians vertical attack with Evans, Godwin and Howard. Blimey.

The ONLY issue I see with this is that Arians gets QBs killed (His scheme is known for taking sacks), and Brady is 109 years old. But Brady also brutally sacrifices virgin teenage girls in an ancient ritual, so that will probably offset the injuries.
...good point there. I bet Arians is not that stupid, protecting Brady will be #1 agenda. Be it with short passes or having extra TE's for blocking.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl wins as the Buccaneers have playoff wins.

nobody

Reaction score
Already opening his mouth. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucs have a better record than the Cowboys this season.

I was going to comment about him being a way better twitter warrior than on-the-field warrior, but that was actually funny...so I gave it a pass....but yeah, he shouldn't be opening his mouth when his defense has done jack and couldn't even stop practice squad players when it mattered to win the division.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I dunno. I've always assumed that's why he was trying to force his way into free agency. Because the competitor in him thinks if he wins his 7th on a new team and Belichick hopefully never wins another one, then he'll be the last man standing taking the most credit for the dynasty they had.

But if he was really that dead-set on going Super Bowl-shopping, it's a curious landing spot.

Tampa has some weapons, for sure, so maybe he likes the appeal of some of those targets. But, I mean, Brady's arm isn't as lively as it used to be (his yards per attempt have gone down three straight years, from 8.2 to 7.9 to 7.6 to 6.6)... And Bruce Arians likes the vertical stuff. So it might be an odd offensive fit.

And that's before you think about him choosing to go somewhere where he might be already be resigning himself to aiming for the wildcard and not even planning to compete for the division. It's a brave new world for him in Tampa.

I wonder if the talk that he planned on going to San Fran was the truth. And it caught him off-guard when they weren't interested.

I'm also a little surprised, if it's about proving himself for petty reasons, he didn't really go for it and pitch himself to the Bills just for the personal satisfaction of being the one to take the division from Belichick and the Pats.
I think the guy simply wants to have fun playing football again. He was pretty miserable last year, even during NE’s red hot start.

I think he wants to sling the ball and work on some stats, and Tampa’s offense is far superior to NE’s.