Tom Brady now has more Super Bowls than any NFL franchise

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree.

Brady’s 34 playoff wins will also never be surpassed.
Not unless we have more players and QB’s still active well into their 40’s.

With 1/2 billion dollar players now maybe science will find ways to extend players with bionic like body parts and we might see players with 30 year careers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is a Cowboys forum . Why do fans expect. There’s going to be overzealousness for their players, especially their QB. It was as bad or worse for Romo.

You don’t go to a positive thread on Dak or a SB thread on Dak expecting objective discussion in a Cowboys forum.

I expect posters to admit when they are wrong or wrong headed. Lots of people called that poster out for his post. And yet, a day later, it seems that his post was dead on. I wonder where all the posts of congratulation are, to him, for having such foresight?

JayFord

Reaction score
Not in my wildest dreams did i think when Drew Bledsoe went down and Tom Brady came in he would end up being the best QB of all time

i was thinking ok....Bledsoes coming back later in the year and Toms going to be a backup for the rest of his career

i didnt know i would end up seeing 20+ years of domination i mean 10 superbowls and 7 rings (wish it was 10 for 10 as his only SB losses came against teams i dont like)

i mean this dude is 43 and still in his prime......he might even play until 50 (i doubt it, but would be cool to see)

HungryLion

Reaction score
I guess I’ll never understand fans hatred of watching the greatest perform. Especially if they’re upstanding citizens off the field

Can we imagine hating Babe Ruth wishing for him to retire cause were tired of watching him hit home runs.

This era of fans hostility and hatred for the greatest to play the game is frikin disgusting. Definitely not purist of the game.

Where in my post do I say hatred or even infer that I hate him?

im just tired of seeing the same guy win.

nowhere do I say I hate him or show hostility.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where in my post do I say hatred or even infer that I hate him?

im just tired of seeing the same guy win.

nowhere do I say I hate him or show hostility.[/QUOTE}

Your post sparked my response but I wasn’t referring directly to you.

Your post sparked my response but I wasn’t referring directly to you

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I expect posters to admit when they are wrong or wrong headed. Lots of people called that poster out for his post. And yet, a day later, it seems that his post was dead on. I wonder where all the posts of congratulation are, to him, for having such foresight?
I’m not familiar with the post you’re referring to . I was just responding to your post. If I’d seen it maybe the context would have been more fitting. Perhaps I misread your meaning or intent. And good luck with posters admitting when they’re wrong:)

HungryLion

Reaction score
Your post sparked my response but I wasn’t referring directly to you

Fair enough. I don’t hate Brady.

I’m a basketball fan. I don’t hate Lebron either who is also in the reasonable GOAT discussion.

I think my feelings of just being over it is because the cowboys suck for 25 years now.

if they could at least get a couple here and there I wouldn’t feel like hey Brady. You can retire now. Lol.

the thought that Jerry could ever come close to building a team that could beat a Brady led squad. Just feels like impossible at this point. It’s depressing as a cowboy fan.

but it’s nothing against Brady as a great player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair enough. I don’t hate Brady.

I’m a basketball fan. I don’t hate Lebron either who is also in the reasonable GOAT discussion.

I think my feelings of just being over it is because the cowboys suck for 25 years now.

if they could at least get a couple here and there I wouldn’t feel like hey Brady. You can retire now. Lol.

the thought that Jerry could ever come close to building a team that could beat a Brady led squad. Just feels like impossible at this point. It’s depressing as a cowboy fan.

but it’s nothing against Brady as a great player.
I try not to let my fandom of my team effect my fandom of the sport . The Cowboys sucking doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the greatest competing. It does make it more fun when my team is greater but not the reason I enjoy the sport.

Once you accept the futility our dysfunctional organization presents it’s easier to look beyond. The Cowboys game each week for years now is not always the game or team I look most forward to watching.

I’ve always been more of a purist of the game. I think for so long Cowboy fans just got used to being one of the great teams . But if we aren’t or when we are I’ve often had teams or players I enjoyed watching perform more because of their greatness more than my local team.

You don’t have to root for their team to enjoy marveling in a players greatness. And I guess why I’m a bigger fan of the sport than my fav team. Watching Brady go thru Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes was one of the most enjoyable playoff runs I can recall in years. And I couldn’t give a flip about Tampa.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Cowboys went to 8 of the first 30 Super Bowls. And of 0 of last 25.

Amazingly Brady has been to 10 of the last 20 Super Bowls.

Maybe the NFL should consider renaming the trophy. Brady certainly appears more appropriate than Lombardi.
They should call the SB MVP Award the Tom Brady Award.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bill Belichick when he saw Brady win the SB without him:

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, Brady truly is the GOAT.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Congratulations,Tom!
Hey man,who farted on the bus?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I try not to let my fandom of my team effect my fandom of the sport . The Cowboys sucking doesn’t effect my enjoyment of the greatest competing. It does make it more fun when my team is greater but not the reason I enjoy the sport.

Once you accept the futility our dysfunctional organization presents it’s easier to look beyond. The Cowboys game each week for years now is not always the game or team I look most forward to watching.

I’ve always been more of a purist of the game. I think for so long Cowboy fans just got used to being one of the great teams . But if we aren’t or when we are I’ve often had teams or players I enjoyed watching perform more because of their greatness more than my local team.

You don’t have to root for their team to enjoy marveling in a players greatness. And I guess why I’m a bigger fan of the sport than my fav team. Watching Brady go thru Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes was one of the most enjoyable playoff runs I can recall in years. And I couldn’t give a flip about Tampa.

I think I can understand that.

I am a sixers fan. After they were eliminated in the NBA playoffs last year. I enjoyed watching Lebron win a title with his 3rd team. So I can relate to what you’re saying.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think I can understand that.

I am a sixers fan. After they were eliminated in the NBA playoffs last year. I enjoyed watching Lebron win a title with his 3rd team. So I can relate to what you’re saying.
It’s not just enjoying watching the greats win, it’s watching them play. Winning just validates their greatness for some. But not all great athletes are on winning teams.

I think you are getting the jest of it though.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
There is a thread on the main forum right now suggesting Dak is as good as Tom Brady. I mean, you guys who are calling Crash out are all on the wrong side of this argument, IMO. He was pretty much right......
thanks, they know it's true.