Tom Brady trolls “America’s Team”

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
While half Jerry world is smoking stuff and relaxing, Tom is already watching film of the opponent.
What film , even our own coaches dont know what our D is going to be and how is it going to mesh !

Turk

Reaction score
Brady looks like a supermodel and is married to an actual supermodel. He is the GOAT football player and is also intelligent. He might arguably be the greatest human being of all time. Anyone who argues is just being petty and jealous.
greatest human being of all time?

I THINK I AM ABOUT TO VOMIT.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The team didn't even make up that moniker, and Landry and Staubach didn't like it. NFL films made it up as the title to the Cowboys' 1978 year-in-review film. So I don't even care about that dumb thing. I just want to see this team get better and have a shot at another championship. I don't care about Brady. I'd bet he lets Gisele do sleazy and demeaning things to him, one of them involving him barking like a little arfy chihuahua and sitting up panting while she shoves a smelly athletic sock in his mouth. Brady's a goon.

Haha, don’t hide your feelings Rev….

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Tom is more plastic than man now. He sincerely looks creepy.
Hahaha,,, ya know? It's probably all due to his unique brand of "action sleep-ware" he's marketed and it's wreaking havoc on his earthly meat suit he's currently the occupant of, as it's supposedly been infused w/ off planet fibers into the materials weave,,,tho, others claim he's just using Terry Bradshaw's missing head hair,I know it's one or the other,mano_O

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It's just a nickname at this point. I don't think the commentators think much about it when they say it.
Yeah, to the media it just means: a wildly popular team with the largest following who has a lot of glitz and glamour involved in everything. A team that has a huge, expensive stadium, a huge expensive Headquarters, and the best cheerleaders in the league.

All that just takes to long to say, so: “Here come the Dallas Cowboys. America’s Team.” That’s just a shortcut for what I wrote above.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The only reason the Cowboys are playing the defending Super Bowl Champs opening day is because they are America's Team.

Seriously, who cares?

"Yay! My favorite team is popular! They haven't done a damn thing in 25 years but look at Jerry's net worth!"

I'll never understand the fascination some have with this outdated label.

plymkr

Reaction score
Eh. So what. Brady has his own race to run. No one out runs father time over the long haul. Eventually age catches up. I expect him to do a Cap Rooney in "Any Given Sunday", one week its there the next week its gone.
I kind of see what happened to Favre happening to Brady. Favre was playing at a high level and then boom it just stopped. I can see that happening to Brady this year or next year.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It’s just a marketing term…but he is right. This team is not America’s team. This franchise is closer to the Detroit lions than americas team…

Reaction score
The title is forever the Cowboys to have, the only thing that changes is whether the Cowboys deserve respect on a year to year basis. No other team can have the title,,,, the Bucs or the Patriots could win the Superbowl 10 years in a row and they would still never be America's team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Buccaneers open the 2021 season with a banner raising and (hopefully) a barnburner against the Cowboys. Quarterback Tom Brady, however, doesn’t think much of Tampa’s opponent.

More accurately, he doesn’t think Tampa’s opponent has lived up to its nickname.

“9/9 Can’t come soon enough . . . excited to open against ‘America’s Team,'” Brady posted on Instagram, with a photo of himself in celebratory mode and the [URL='https://giphy.com/gifs/disneyplus-disney-wandavision-wanda-vision-6ra84Uso2hoir3YCgb']Wandavision wink gif
above it.

Brady has a point. The Cowboys last played in a Super Bowl in 1995. Brady, since 2001, has played in 10 of them. The Cowboys haven’t even been back to the conference championship; Brady has played in a conference championship 14 times since 2001.

The problem is that the “America’s Team” moniker became baked for the Cowboys in back in the ’70s. They kept it without question during a 14-year break between Super Bowl appearances, from 1978 to 1992. That seems like a quick breather at this point, however, as the Cowboys go 26 years and counting between opportunities to win a championship.

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-trolls-america-team-193750586.html[/URL]

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The GOAT can say whatever he wants and the Cowboys just have to listen and take it... until game time. :D

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
MistyWarmAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif