Tony Casillas on Current State of the Cowboys: “Everything Comes Before Winning”

fivetwos

Reaction score
Fine when he says it isn't about money.

BS when he says its about winning.

It's about him being a celebrity. If it isnt, quit the radio and let your coach have the authority he needs.

Jerry's quote i mean.....

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Fine when he says it isn't about money.

BS when he says its about winning.

It's about him being a celebrity. If it isnt, quit the radio and let your coach have the authority he needs.

Jerry's quote i mean.....

This is 100% true.

It’s not just about winning with Jerry. It’s about winning HIS WAY. If he can’t win HIS WAY with him as GM. He doesn’t care.

he isn’t willing to take a hit to his ego, to win.

I mean seriously. How hard is it to hire a GM? But he won’t do it.

That means his ego. Is more important than winning.

And that is why he loses.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not sure how you're supposed to have a win or else culture when poor play is met with kind words from the boss.

He has to sell his product and defend his picks.

Therefore, ordinary play is rewarded with praise and big contracts.

Go ahead and fill in the rest......

Vanilla2

Reaction score
The cowboys are doing what their main purpose is at this point. When the team stops generating the money they do that’s when we will see a change in philosophy. Until then the NFL is fine with small market teams winning.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
him and sam hurd wouldve went on a killing spree
You're joking but my point stands. We draft soft losers like trysten hill like he gives a damn about football. The front office does it to themselves. Instead of getting a Watt that was projected a top 20 player we get Taco. Nothing about Taco said tough but Jerry saw it :facepalm:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. This is how I feel, too. I thought for a while we might be able to overcome that spotlight, but we couldn’t do it. And now we’re back to doing the sort of things that don’t even really give us a fighting chance.

GenoT

Reaction score
This is 100% true.

It’s not just about winning with Jerry. It’s about winning HIS WAY. If he can’t win HIS WAY with him as GM. He doesn’t care.

he isn’t willing to take a hit to his ego, to win.

I mean seriously. How hard is it to hire a GM? But he won’t do it.

That means his ego. Is more important than winning.

And that is why he loses.

The problem with the Cowboys hiring another GM is, guess who would be picking that GM?

Yep...Jerry Jones.

:confused::eek::confused::(;):rolleyes:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
True and he's gone on record questioning why hire a GM when he still is going to have the Final Say.
do you think jerry is a control freak?? :D
The cowboys are his toy, and he is gonna play with it and control everything.

Jerry does get bummed out when they lose, so root for dallas to lose alot! Then enjoy when they show jerry at game.