Tony Casillas on Current State of the Cowboys: “Everything Comes Before Winning”

RS12

Reaction score
Cant fault Tony for his eyesight. Yahoo I believe had a pole the other day. Cowboys amongst fans have been losing popularity for the last 25 years. I wonder why.

xpistofer

Reaction score
Old boy struck lightning in a bottle and has been garbage every second since.

I did enjoy the lightning though.

Very much appreciated it.
Did you enjoy those three Super Bowls? I hope you deeid, ah hope you deeid verruh much.

zerofill

Reaction score
Now if only there was just one thing in that we all haven't said 500 times.

Basically, he just agreed with us.

3 playoff victories since 1995!!! When you actually read it, but already knew it, you are still astonished.

How far this franchise has fallen... I find it amazing that Dallas sells any merchandise.

Calling Dallas America's team, feels more and more like we are calling ourselves as Americans... losers.

They have to do something here... I never really thought we would be such a joke for so long.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Cant fault Tony for his eyesight. Yahoo I believe had a pole the other day. Cowboys amongst fans have been losing popularity for the last 25 years. I wonder why.
Until fans stop coming and the national tv games stop it wont matter

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboys are like the strippers of the NFL.

All show and pretty, but little success and payoff in the end.
iu

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Winning comes from within. Quit blaming Jerry. The teams have had plenty of talent to win. That goof Garrett held them back a little. The players have not sealed the deal. For whatever reason. My guess is that the players get to Dallas and put that star on their helmet and the media, both local and national, treats them like royalty. The ladies I am sure fawn all over the players. The players get caught up in the fame part and forget their roots. That instant, unearned fame drives away the desire to win.

Michael Irvin ate corn flakes with water every game day morning to remind him of where he came from.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm just curious to what is the official number of former players, coaches, or others with knowledge of the Dallas Cowboys that have to say this before the Fan Boys stop defending Jerry.

There's even posters here recently who made up a whole video where Jimmy Johnson allegedly admitted to the world that Jerry Jones made all the roster decisions for the 90s championship teams. The biggest reason Jerry has succeeded so long as the GM is that so many fans buy the nonsense. The New York media would have killed Jerry a million times over by now. He'd be horror-stricken of a microphone and reporters' questions. Instead, the Dallas media is afraid of him. A good chunk of the Dallas fanbase is completely fooled by him.

Jerry has created an environment that makes championship football nearly impossible. Football players and coaches have to fear failure, they should be absolutely terrified of losing games. In Dallas if you lose a game, you still show up Monday at the local shopping mall, car dealer, card-signing, etc. and are told what a winner you are.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This is 100% true.

It’s not just about winning with Jerry. It’s about winning HIS WAY. If he can’t win HIS WAY with him as GM. He doesn’t care.

he isn’t willing to take a hit to his ego, to win.

I mean seriously. How hard is it to hire a GM? But he won’t do it.

That means his ego. Is more important than winning.

And that is why he loses.
2007, 2014, and 2016 they were legit superbowl contenders. Jerry and the cowboys built those teams. The teams just didnt get it done. With help with some very weird ref calls. So to say Jerry doesnt put everything into the team is not true.

The life after Jimmy came crashing down not because of him. Troy, Irvin, Moose, Erik Williams all were cut short because of injury. You lose 3 HOFers in a 2 yr span its going to take yrs to recover. Jerry tried to fix the irvin retirement with signing the OBJ of that time in Joey Galloway. It was a big price but Galloway was elite. He just had the injury and never was the same. Couldve happened to anybody.

Jerry has made stupid mistakes and great signings. Theres a saying you cant take the good without the bad. Fans only remember the bad.

HotDog37

Reaction score
This is actually the problem. It's hideous but it's the truth. Jerry is on a boat. Take it for what it's worth. When you are rich beyond reasoning (unless you're a Kraft) you lose yourself because you're on a boat. Kraft is on a boat but he knows how to float.