Tony Gonzalez: "If WFT Beats the Eagles."

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Think he's referring to Alex Smith and Ron Rivera's bout with cancer. It's a tremendous story. We just don't like it because we hate Washington.

It would be Washington completely overcoming the worst kind of adversities, especially given the awful off-season that they had.

That being said, watching the Cubs and Red Sox break curses and winning the Fall Classic will always be my golden standard.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not even sure Tampa at Washington would be worth watching.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Think he's referring to Alex Smith and Ron Rivera's bout with cancer. It's a tremendous story. We just don't like it because we hate Washington.

It would be Washington completely overcoming the worst kind of adversities, especially given the awful off-season that they had.

That being said, watching the Cubs and Red Sox break curses and winning the Fall Classic will always be my golden standard.

Our fanbase has no perspective.

MikeB80

Reaction score
very odd. The entire organization got me too'd so bad they had to change their name and the minority owners all jumped ship.

Best story in sports? What?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best sports stories ever, not 'the' best sports story ever.

Skillit

Reaction score
I like Alex Smith’s story- how can you not?

what I hope happens is that his calf tightens up and he has to leave the game and they lose.

and the boys win.

links18

Reaction score
A team with a losing record going into the playoffs after losing 2 of the last three and winning a crappy division by default, because there is some human interest angle overcoming personal adversity is the best sports story in history? OK.

DFWJC

Reaction score
....it will be the best sports story in history." Gee, overdo it much? He gets paid for that? Yikes!
Yeah, that is an outrageously preposterous comment.

One of the better stories of 2020---due solely on Alex Smith playing-- but that's where it ends.