News: Tony 'Goose' Siragusa dies at 55

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Man, this hits home. I'm 56. My dad had a heart attack at 48...but lived because of modern medicine. His dad died at 53 from a heart attack. My great grandfather died at 62...same reason. Scary stuff. I've tried to live right, but man, I'm not athlete.
Stay away from the fast food, and eat boring salads I guess.
I cant do it, I still cant survive without a burger or pizza every once in awhile.
RIP Tony.

Scotman

Reaction score
Stay away from the fast food, and eat boring salads I guess.
I cant do it, I still cant survive without a burger or pizza every once in awhile.
RIP Tony.
I'm trying. When I was still a school superintendent I walked 15-20k steps a day. I visited every class every day and it kept me in much better shape. But since 2019, not so much. I need to change things up.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm trying. When I was still a school superintendent I walked 15-20k steps a day. I visited every class every day and it kept me in much better shape. But since 2019, not so much. I need to change things up.
Its a rough challenge when its no longer a requirement.
I truly believe that my current health which is fairly good, is only because I was being pushed by various species that wanted to eat me,,, seriously.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
True but still, so many people get depressed get fat and live. What's causing these sudden deaths. Why does Justin Beiber have bells palsy and his wife had a stroke? What are the odds of all this crap happening all of a sudden. Very good when you factor in one HUGE THING, that we are not allowed to talk about here, there or anywhere.

That Siragusa was a blob and an NFL sideline distraction?
(R.I.P. big guy)
Still, there might be other factors at work in his death.
but yer right, like the Nirvana drummer knucklehead, most fans and industry types knew: excess of drugs.
but only a few were whispering about the cause of death. Pity we live in such a don't ask don't say world.

Had these two been a cop, a perp or a president we'd have lab results, diagrams, cause of death. etc.
So, the system for reporting cause of death is skewed.

Recall when they found the brother of the UT QB dead in front of a house in Austin about a year and a half ago??
Took a month to reveal that the younger player brother had died of a drug overdose.
Celebrity can bring instant results or none.

erod

Reaction score
Another death with no reason. Wake up people
To severe obesity?

Hundreds of jobs come with debilitating physical costs. Most of them make $20 an hour. Why we only seem to care about gifted millionaire athletes who willingly chose to play pro sports continues to make no sense.

Life is very, very short. How people choose to live it is up to them. We have to stop nannying everybody because look around the country now. That's the result.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score

have the students been happier since you have stopped harassing them?

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
True but still, so many people get depressed get fat and live. What's causing these sudden deaths. Why does Justin Beiber have bells palsy and his wife had a stroke? What are the odds of all this crap happening all of a sudden. Very good when you factor in one HUGE THING, that we are not allowed to talk about here, there or anywhere.

I've known a few young people that have gotten bell's palsy. That's just a random thing. His wife had recently started birth control pills, had just recovered from COVID, and flew to Paris and back in a short time frame. Just a combination of things.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
What a strange comment. Were you making a joke?

yes i was, but if you add up all the time you spent interrupting the classes everyday, I am sure a correlation could be made with low test scores and the reason the cowboys have not won a superbowl in recent history

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
just a coincidence errr natural causes...:rolleyes:

You guys are reaching. I’ve told this on here before but when I was 30 and worked out 6 days a week I got viral myocarditis from a flu bug. Attacked my heart. Enlarged it 50%. Ejection fraction to 20. Hadn’t gotten flu shot that year. Luckily I fully recovered with exception of afib here and there. Childhood friend had same and died. Nephew got same at birth. There are people out there with asthma, family heart disease, diabetes etc and there are people like me that had bad luck. Young people die all the time of drugs etc. We just are looking for something here now. This guy was overweight and not healthy.