Tony Pauline: Jets Want La’el + Pick for Adams

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tony Pauline said on today’s episode of his podcast (Draft Insiders) that the Jets want La’el Collins and a pick in exchange for Adams. He says that the Jets don’t think they can get the Cowboys to agree to this price - however, the Jets may consider doing the deal for La’el only.

I’m out at this price. No way am I giving up a very good RT for a safety.
Yeah that's a no.

1st and a 3rd or just dont do it, and that's because those are maybes.

You only make a deal like this because it's a final piece thing.

Weakening another spot defeats the purpose.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
tenor.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would think hard about this because I like McGovern coming in and Williams is better than the fans here give him credit for.

But then I would look at the fact that Dallas would take a 10 Million dollar cap hit for the trade for his bonuses accelerating, even before they paid Adams a sky high salary. Then I would laugh and think this was a sportswriter going for some sweet, sweet clickbait.
I think the accelerations on trades are different than cuts...MAYBE.

Maybe someone less lazy than me could look that up, but it's a waste of time because they arent getting Collins. No way.

As much as I like Adams and have been pushing to get him, Collins was never part of it, and wont be.

Now, it's possible we would be a better team with Adams if you could plug McGovern at LG and Williams at RT but that's way too much of a maybe for my taste.

This is just a no.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's a no.

1st and a 3rd or just dont do it, and that's because those are maybes.

You only make a deal like this because it's a final piece thing.

Weakening another spot defeats the purpose.

:hammer::hammer:

Said so nice, you nailed it twice!
:thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Let's not leave out the idea that Collins may succeed Tyron at LT at some point.

Again, I want Adams badly, and I realize we need to part w something to make that happen, but not Collins.

Nope.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Thinking a bit about La'ell he is somewhat underappreciated. Somewhat...not badly.

And we are fortunate to have gotten him in the first place.

Glad the team was able to lock him up before he became unaffordable, and he was able to recoup the lost first contract money quickly.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the Jets way of saying...we don't want to trade you, we don't think the cowboys would make that trade and therefore it is the cowboys fault, not ours, that you did not get traded.

Which is pretty dumb logic considering he does not trust the Jets because they have already broke their word to revisit his contract already.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That's a tough trade. While I value Adams more in a vacuum, Collins finally hit his stride last year and they lost Frederick to retirement. Don't want to roll the dice on a guy like Knight or Erving over the entire year as option 1.

Edit: Forgot about Connor possibly shifting over.
Still really cant re edit.

But its tempting.

Next thing you know Tyron goes down and somewhat ironically the offense looks like it did in the Jet game last year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is the Jets way of saying...we don't want to trade you, we don't think the cowboys would make that trade and therefore it is the cowboys fault, not ours, that you did not get traded.

Which is pretty dumb logic considering he does not trust the Jets because they have already broke their word to revisit his contract already.
Lots of truth there sir.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If it's true, it's also the Jets way of saying - intentionally or otherwise - that they are looking into trading Adams. And that in my opinion would embolden his holdout and any efforts to initiate a trade. They're establishing that there is a price, now it's just a matter of haggling over what one side is willing to pay and the other is willing to accept.

Having said that, we haven't heard anything publicly from the Jets so this could all be mere speculation.

I go back to my own draft pick only compensation of 1st and 3rd round picks in 2021. I'm looking to strengthen what I feel could be a Super Bowl contender in 2020, not weaken it.

But who knows how current global circumstances might affect this and any deals in the NFL this year?

reddyuta

Reaction score
do it,he will be our best player on defense immediately,heck we didnt have a all pro player on Defense like adams since Ware.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
It’s a one sided deal for the Jets who also get the amazing cost friendly deal that Collins is currently playing on