Tony Pollard Might Surprise

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I hope he runs for 400 yards against the giants lol. By halftime:)
I know you are joking, but I think a lot of people have bought into the idea that he can carry the workload because of what Jones has said which is purely a part of negotiation talk.

He will not be a 20-carry a game guy, no matter how much we hope he will be.

If he is, it is 20 carries for 63 yards.

Alexander

Reaction score
This crap about Pollard not being able to carry the load is bull. He can carry it 20 times a game I don't care what he did or didn't do in College.
Based on what? Hope?

Let's all hear your answer and laugh.

Look, I would get this bluster if they were bold enough to make him prove it in a game.

They chose not to do so.

I can see it coming, a lot of criticism for the player by a lot of undereducated fans.

He was not drafted for this purpose. At all. And it is not fair to expect it just because of the situation with Elliott.

T-RO

Reaction score
It amazes me how much some folks here don't really track the NFL.

In 2018 only 9 teams had their "Bell Cow" running it more than 230 carries over the season...that's 14.4 carries per game. The majority of NFL teams...their lead back carried it 13 carries or less per game. It's a passing league and it's also a running-back-by-committee league.

*median

T-RO

Reaction score
Zeke had 20.02 carries per game, by far the most carries.
(304 carries in 15 games)

The guy with the second most carries in all of football last year? 16 carries per game.
(Saquon Barkley 261 carries in 16 games)

If Pollard carried it 12, 13 times per game...all 16 games...he would land in the top 20 of heaviest workhorses in the league. He won't carry the rock more than 140 times for the year.

Alexander

Reaction score

In 2018 only 9 teams had their "Bell Cow" running it more than 230 carries over the season...that's 14.4 carries per game. The majority of NFL teams...their lead back carried it 13 carries or less per game. It's a passing league and it's also a running-back-by-committee league.

*median
And we are turning it over to a QB who is not used to being the straw that stirs the drink.

The Joneses are concocting one interesting mixture.

Alexander

Reaction score
He stirred that drink pretty well week 17 last year w/out Zeke. We will be passing more this year. Looking fwd to it.
Against Giants reserves and the remnants of a failed season who had mostly given up? Okay.

Many of the players who will take the field on Sunday never experienced that conquest.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He eclipsed 15 or more rushing attempts in one game. His final one.

Understood.

Doesn't mean he can't.

If Elliott doesn't play I think the kid gets at least 15 carries. But he wouldn't get the workload Elliott would normally get.

The other backs would get carries they wouldn't normally get so the overall number of carries ends up being at least 25.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
And we are turning it over to a QB who is not used to being the straw that stirs the drink.

I disagree. Dak will be on of the better qb's this year. 6-12 range, with a shot of being the the top 5.

I am not talking about passing yards, but he might be up there. He will be solid, and I bet he leads the team to the playoffs

T-RO

Reaction score
Against Giants reserves and the remnants of a failed season who had mostly given up? Okay.

Many of the players who will take the field on Sunday never experienced that conquest.

Alexander...You live in a world ruled harshly by Negative Nancy. Seem to think it's cool to live in the shadows.

I don't have the energy to debate it. We'll just have to see how things turn out.

T-RO

Reaction score
Again folks...drink in some facts:
Only a handful of teams give their lead back more than 16 rushing attempts per game over the course of the season. By handful I mean four teams out of 32.

Outside of Dallas NOBODY gave their backs 20 carry-per-game workloads.

Last edited:

MojaveJT

Reaction score

Agreed. The Jones tend to think they are outsmarting everyone else when in reality this mixture might blow up in their face yet again.

WR by committee anyone?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.
Who right who wrong in this whole thing doesnt really matter. There is no scenario where the team is better with out both Zeke and Pollard. Hoping to see that this Sunday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

*median

Yep.

Pollard can be a carry the load bell cow by today’s standards.

T-RO

Reaction score
The success of any running game is more about the offensive line that about the back.

T-RO

Reaction score
Agreed. The Jones tend to think they are outsmarting everyone else when in reality this mixture might blow up in their face yet again.

WR by committee anyone?

Sure thing. The Cowboys were supposed to plan for Zeke losing his sanity with two years left on his contract and demanding Gurley-money-plus. What was the FO thinking?! They should have drafted THREE running backs.:rolleyes: