Tony Pollard Might Surprise

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I guarantee you he won't even be asked to carry 20x a game. It will be running-back-by-committee. Look for him to have 12-14 carries plus work in the passing game.
Who's the rest of the Committee? He's the only one that looks solid in PS games anyway.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. The Jones tend to think they are outsmarting everyone else when in reality this mixture might blow up in their face yet again.

WR by committee anyone?

It may blow up in their collective faces...

But the fact is you can't pay Elliott, Prescott and Cooper what they demand (which is seemingly at the top of the pay scale with massive guarantees) and still field a competitive team at other positions.

Something has to give.

And if that means a "running back by committee" to avoid paying the horrendous contract (especially the terms) the Rams did... Then so be it.

Praxit

Reaction score
..think how much Jerry will save, if he pans out? So far, so good. I think with Morris, Chunn & Pollard. They can do the job.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.
Zeke will get paid. Start day one. Relax.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
..think how much Jerry will save, if he pans out? So far, so good. I think with Morris, Chunn & Pollard. They can do the job.

Well Twitter is saying the deal is to be done tomorrow so Zeke can practice Wednesday.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
If Pollard produces it will be Zeke's ticket out of Dallas. Who needs a Zeke? I know he will get a team but seriously he is losing money and won't go to New England type of team. Buffalo, Washington, Miami? That's the type of team he should expect

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I know you are joking, but I think a lot of people have bought into the idea that he can carry the workload because of what Jones has said which is purely a part of negotiation talk.

He will not be a 20-carry a game guy, no matter how much we hope he will be.

If he is, it is 20 carries for 63 yards.
Last year at this time it was we don't need any #1 WR and a lot of people here were defending the FO then too. And then it was oh oh.

lockster

Reaction score
I know you are joking, but I think a lot of people have bought into the idea that he can carry the workload because of what Jones has said which is purely a part of negotiation talk.

He will not be a 20-carry a game guy, no matter how much we hope he will be.

If he is, it is 20 carries for 63 yards.
I'm just buying into the fact, I'd like to trade Zeke for two number ones and not look back. :). Can't stand these low IQ, high self absorbed players.when is he going to pay back Jerry for Messing up the team by getting suspended? Costing Jerry headaches with the NFL office, cost Jerry millions in legal fees, and for coming into camp fat. , Twice? I'm surprised he hasnt knocked out a girl or two in the elevator like that other RB , I forgot his name. And drug them across the floor. The only bigger than Zeke's head, is his narcissism.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Last year at this time it was we don't need any #1 WR and a lot of people here were defending the FO then too. And then it was oh oh.

The front office also acted like they were going to start scheming defenses better too and they didn’t. That was the main problem.

That is why it’s wait and see with Kellen Moore. Is he actually going to scheme guys open or will it be the same old garbage.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just buying into the fact, I'd like to trade Zeke for two number ones and not look back. :). Can't stand these low IQ, high self absorbed players.when is he going to pay back Jerry for Messing up the team by getting suspended? Costing Jerry headaches with the NFL office, cost Jerry millions in legal fees, and for coming into camp fat. , Twice? I'm surprised he hasnt knocked out a girl or two in the elevator like that other RB , I forgot his name. And drug them across the floor. The only bigger than Zeke's head, is his narcissism.

You know... I agree with you.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jones has tolerated it. Time to pay up on a player that really might matter.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones has tolerated it. Time to pay up on a player that really might matter.

Typically in the NFL running backs do not really matter... At least not for long.

And if you pay every player like Elliott, Prescott and Cooper what they say they need to have... You might as well close up shop now because the rest of the team will look like the Cowboy squads of the Campo era.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think expecting 20 carries a game would result in injury or fatigue.
At least his rookie year.

The magic is that we're not talking about him doing this for a full season. I doubt his durability for a year. But not a game. I'd expect a problem in month 2. Games 5-8.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guarantee you he won't even be asked to carry 20x a game. It will be running-back-by-committee. Look for him to have 12-14 carries plus work in the passing game.

It's hard to accumulate that many carries when you're constantly coming off the field to kick extra points.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Typically in the NFL running backs do not really matter... At least not for long.

And if you pay every player like Elliott, Prescott and Cooper what they say they need to have... You might as well close up shop now because the rest of the team will look like the Cowboy squads of the Campo era.

Prescott hate.

I'm proud of you, Mike.

lockster

Reaction score

Dang right. Also, why did they get Lee to restructure contract, but not Crawford? Crawford has stolen more money than ratliffe.