Reaction score
Well, are you not a noob?

Get over it, snowflake.

I think it's spelled "newb".
Plus, "noob" looks too much like "boob" and those two letters are next
to each other on my keyboard. That might get us (gasp) benched... lol j/k

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It amazes me how much some folks here don't really track the NFL.

In 2018 only 9 teams had their "Bell Cow" running it more than 230 carries over the season...that's 14.4 carries per game. The majority of NFL teams...their lead back carried it 13 carries or less per game. It's a passing league and it's also a running-back-by-committee league.

*median

But like I pointed out, that's not how we roll.

Maybe we approach it differently this year.

But that's one area where we don't do what most teams do.

From Murray to Zeke.. we pound the rock with one guy.

Maybe this year is different.

Time will tell....

starfan1

Reaction score
Honestly if zeke return I’ll root for him but my biggest concern is the health of the oline.

Martin and Smith and Frederick all have ? Marks with them and Collins is average imo.

If they stay healthy our 3 backs on the roster currently can shoulder the load.

I also believe there is enough explosiveness in pollard to make folks look back and say why the heck we drafted that ignoramous at #4 to begin with.

Derrick Henry could have led the league in rushing for 2 years as well which is who I was hoping for because he could have been had later.

Our window is now and #21 has made this harder than it needed to be. The numbers I have heard thus far has been more than fair . Make his butt sit out and suffer financial destruction this year and then trade him

Hadenough

Reaction score
I do know Pollard has shown the ability to run and catch and looked good in the pre season. But it takes a special RB to be a bell cow and the best way to get Pollard hurt is run him too much especially against the Giants.This is the perfect game for Dak to step up and air it out with this new group of WRs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wanted to add one final thought on the volume aspect.

As our lead rusher in 2015, Darren McFadden was held to 3.2 yards per carry or less 7 times in 16 games.

Zeke, in three seasons as our lead rusher, has been held to 3.2 yards per carry or less 4 times in 40 games.

The end result of McFadden's volume was quite nice: 1,080 yards and a 4.6 average. But it was a rollercoaster ride to get there. I'd argue that the reason a player like Zeke is more capable of carrying the mantel of a run-heavy offense is because of his week-to-week consistency, which is hard to come by no matter what volume we're talking about.

I don’t disagree with any of that but I think we would look back on it differently if we had Romo for 16 games to help sustain drives.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or, maybe we won't.

It's a huge unknown at this point. He has looked good so far, but the sample size is minute, and we don't really even have a sufficient sample size from college to judge from because he was never a featured RB there.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No way..

That's not how we roll.

We go with one guy early then bring in fresh legs later.

If we're switching guys in and out in and out, we'll never get in a rhythm in the running game.

I expect them to give him closer to 20 carries a game.

I could be wrong. But that's how I'd break in the rookie.

You say that, but we don't have a DeMarco Murray or Zeke Elliott who has been a featured RB their entire lives. Tony Pollard only averaged 3.5 carries per game in college, and Zeke averaged 17 carries per game. That's a huge difference

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.

I agree about Zeke but Pollard does not need to have 20 carries per game.

Carries Per game:
  • Kamara averaged about 14 carries per game last year.
  • Zeke averaged 20.5 carries per game last year.
  • Pollard does not need to average 20 per game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If he can handle 20 carries a game, I think this guy may make a lot of fans forget about Ezekiel Elliott.

I agree with a piece I read earlier.

Zeke should have been happy as the second-highest paid back in the NFL.

He handled this wrong.

I gotta hand it to Jerry for cutting off negotiations and not getting hosed by a guy who can't handle himself in public anyway.

As others have pointed out, we have other players to get signed like Amari Cooper.

Zeke has to let other players eat, too.

Just having the star on your helmet is money in the bank, if you play it right. Zeke goofed on this one. Now he loses money.

In any case, I see Pollard having a good start. 6.8 YPC in college is nothing to shake a stick at.

And Alfred Morris is no slouch either.

So, we may be just fine without Zeke anyway.
or so we hope he does. with its probably RB by committee, with Morris, Pollard.....some Chunn here and there until Zeke is signed.

JBond

Reaction score
He is 4th round RB. This is typically were NFL teams are finding their starters. I look forward to seeing what he can do.
Apparently it where we find our QB's also.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You say that, but we don't have a DeMarco Murray or Zeke Elliott who has been a featured RB their entire lives. Tony Pollard only averaged 3.5 carries per game in college, and Zeke averaged 17 carries per game. That's a huge difference

I get all the "well, he ain't done it before" concern but shouldn't everyone give him a chance rather than just assume he can't handle a bigger load? I mean people get put in roles everyday that they have never been in before.

Talent is talent. He has talent. Should we try to run him like Earl Campbell? Of course not. Should we let him show us what he can do? Absolutely.