Tony Pollard Ready For a Starting Role?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's good to know. It will be interesting to see but I think Darius Jackson will win the job over pollard and weber. I think pollard will be used more as a scat back/slot wr.
Weber, Jackson, Chunn.

Jackson is the most credible of the 3. GB signed him to their 53 when they needed a game day backup.

I'm against a last minute free agent signing. The guy won't have any comfort with the play book or how we play.

I wonder, though.

Maybe they consider a Olawale/PSRunner combo enough if Zeke goes down. Olawale does short yardage, 3rd down, generic runner does 1st and 2nd. May be better than any borderline PS player or any off the street free agent at last minute.

I like my brilliant new idea. Maybe this is why they paid Olawale real money. He provides the half a starting RB that requires experience, letting us fill in the other half that requires pure running with borderline PS players.

That combo obviously isn't as good as carrying a veteran RB on the roster, but it saves us the roster spot that vet would take up.
As a pure runner, Weber might be better than Jackson and Pollard. Im rooting for Weber to make on the 53, but I have durability concerns about him. But that's what preseason is for.

Darius Jackson has played a total of 18 snaps on offense in the NFL since the Cowboys drafted him in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL draft.

He has been cut:
2 times by the Cowboys
1 time by Cleveland
1 time by Green Bay

All 18 snaps that he played were in game 16 of 2018 when the Cowboys rested several starters.

In those 18 snaps he has 1 carry for 3 yards.

He had zero catches on 1 target.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Darius Jackson has played a total of 18 snaps on offense in the NFL since the Cowboys drafted him in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL draft.

He has been cut:
2 times by the Cowboys
1 time by Cleveland
1 time by Green Bay

All 18 snaps that he played were in game 16 of 2018 when the Cowboys rested several starters.

In those 18 snaps he has 1 carry for 3 yards.

He had zero catches on 1 target.
So what you're saying is Jackson has 18 times more experience than Weber and Pollard put together. --JK

Nothings guaranteed to any of Zeke's backups.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what you're saying is Jackson has 18 times more experience than Weber and Pollard put together. --JK

Nothings guaranteed to any of Zeke's backups.

My probability estimate:

Option A 41%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Weber

Option B 39%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard

Option C 19.99%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Jackson

Option D 0.01%
Pollard not on the 53

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
6142001460.jpg

'Tis the Season.
Ho, Ho, Ho.
That stuff works great for my eggs.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
My probability estimate:

Option A 41%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Weber

Option B 39%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard

Option C 19.99%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Jackson

Option D 0.01%
Pollard not on the 53
I like the overly specific percentages!
Not 20, but 19.99?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My probability estimate:

Option A 41%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Weber

Option B 39%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard

Option C 19.99%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Jackson

Option D 0.01%
Pollard not on the 53

Option E
Zeke, Olawale, Pollard on 53
We have 2-3 reserve RBs like Jackson, Chunn, Weber, NewGuy on the PS in case Zeke misses a game. We're not going to spend a roster spot to protect any of these guys. Between Olawale and Pollard, they're barely needed even if Zeke is out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Darius Jackson isn't long for this league.
Agreed

My probability estimate:

Option A 41%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Weber

Option B 39%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard

Option C 19.99%
Zeke
Olawale
Pollard
Jackson

Option D 0.01%
Pollard not on the 53
Put me down for Option A. Stephen mentioned Option B pretty strongly in a presser tho.

Tony Pollard just busted a long run with running 50 yards on the sideline cheering him on....i dont see Jackson making the team.

Who was cheering Pollard on exactly?

risco

Reaction score
This Zeke stuff is just getting crazy. Nothing is going to happen. Roger Goddell probably will not even respond to this crap.... Only people on this board....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Option E
Zeke, Olawale, Pollard on 53
We have 2-3 reserve RBs like Jackson, Chunn, Weber, NewGuy on the PS in case Zeke misses a game. We're not going to spend a roster spot to protect any of these guys. Between Olawale and Pollard, they're barely needed even if Zeke is out.

That was option B...