Tony Pollard should play more

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Hmm I’ve heard this line of thinking before with other running backs on the roster...

The word “creative” is a word unknown to those who devise the weekly game plan.

cowboygo

Reaction score
The staff living in the past and the front office wanting to justify Zeke's contract will make things difficult as far as Pollard getting more playing time. When Garrett was asked about playing Jarwin more all he could talk about was what Witten had done for the Cowboys.

They seem to think going with another player in a given situation is disrespectful and tarnishes that players Legacy. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league which means your snaps could be cut in the second half if you're not productive in the first. Winning not feelings is the objective.
Witten's a Garrett Guy. Slowly but surely the team is beginning to turn on Garrett. Garrett needs to keep his buddies happy so they can prevent the rest of the team from routing.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree with you, but it's not going to happen.

Jerry is invested in Zeke now, and will ride that horse into the ground.

Garrett and Moore can't seem to figure out how to use Pollard anyway.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I was screaming this the entire game. I know it's sacrilegious to compare Zeke to Pollard around these parts, but can we at least agree that Pollard has more speed? I would have loved to seen what he might have done in the game.

Kellen Moore still hasn't come even close to learning how to use specialty pet RB tony pollard as he seems to see the field with the ball in his hands more and more.
We haven't' come even close to utilizing and developing Pollard as a productive pass receiver out of the backfield who was to impose his dangerous speed in matchups and open field.

Remember all the comparisons to Alvin Kamara and Christian McCaffrey and how Kellen was gonna use to be used in space, be gimmick go to, impact kick return game, ..?

Where's that dangerous quick screen passes that we used to use zeke on and he took it home for a long distance TD, ?... I mean can we not do so the same with Pollard ?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With Zeke and all the good receivers we have it’s limited Pollard’s opportunities. Pollard had one touch for -4 for last week. He has to take advantage of his opportunities and that may earn him more. Would be nice to find a way to get Pollard involved in the passing game but with Zeke and the receivers we have there’s not enough balls to go around. The only way he’s going to get more opportunities is to make a play.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
With Zeke and all the good receivers we have it’s limited Pollard’s opportunities. Pollard had one touch for -4 for last week. He has to take advantage of his opportunities and that may earn him more. Would be nice to find a way to get Pollard involved in the passing game but with Zeke and the receivers we have there’s not enough balls to go around. The only way he’s going to get more opportunities is to make a play.
Hard to make a play from the sideline.

hes clearly one of the most dangerous players we have. You’re allowed to have 11 out there. Figure it out

CapnB

Reaction score
its all bs.... they said they were gonna use dunbar like this or that.... then they were gonna use Switzer like this or that. Then it became Austin this or that... Now its Pollard. Pollard is as good as your 4th wr and has more playmaking ability than any TE or Cobb and Gallup. One of many reasons why im good with a change. And I have been reluctant about making the change. I cant fight it anymore

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
At the very least Pollard needs to be used in the screen game.

This staff’s inability to utilize talent is stupefying.

John813

Reaction score
Wasted draft pick. I was so happy when the Cowboys got him too. Now they just don't use him.

Yup. And I'm not even certain a new coaching staff will address it cause the real coach will still be here.

Pollard made sense if we were going back to a RBBC or they were willing to call Zeke's bluff.

But now, Zeke is still pulling bellcow snaps in games that are contested, and Pollard is merely a bench warmer. Could of signed TJ Yeldon for a mil if that was their end game plan.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Opp ………. zeke …. pollard …...... Result
NYG ………. 37 ………. 22 ………. W 35-17
WAS ………. 53 ………. 16 ………. W 31-21
MIA ………. 48 ………. 23 ………. W 31-6
NOR ………. 56 ………. 2 ………. L 10-12
GNB ………. 66 ………. 5 ………. L 24-34
NYJ ………. 75 ………. 7 ………. L 22-24
PHI ………. 55 ………. 19 ………. W 37-10
NYG ………. 57 ………. 13 ………. W 37-18
MIN ………. 70 ………. 3 ………. L 24-28
Interesting, every-time Pollard gets less than 10 snaps we lose.

John813

Reaction score
I agree with you, but it's not going to happen.

Jerry is invested in Zeke now, and will ride that horse into the ground.

Garrett and Moore can't seem to figure out how to use Pollard anyway.

Maybe if he changed his last name to Dunbar Garrett could figure out how to use him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Opp ………. zeke …. pollard …...... Result
NYG ………. 37 ………. 22 ………. W 35-17
WAS ………. 53 ………. 16 ………. W 31-21
MIA ………. 48 ………. 23 ………. W 31-6
NOR ………. 56 ………. 2 ………. L 10-12
GNB ………. 66 ………. 5 ………. L 24-34
NYJ ………. 75 ………. 7 ………. L 22-24
PHI ………. 55 ………. 19 ………. W 37-10
NYG ………. 57 ………. 13 ………. W 37-18
MIN ………. 70 ………. 3 ………. L 24-28
wow that is telling, pollard 13 or more carries and they win, less and they lose.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
All the Cowboys did was talk about how much talent he had and now they never use him. They always get these shiny new toys and never use them.
I will say again the jones boys tell JG who they have to play, and since they paid ewok, pollard has to just be a spare tire.
The jones want ewok out there and to get 95% of the carries. They dont want pollard playing much.
That is also why witten gets to start over jarwin.
They want the stars and the ones they pay alot, or high draft picks to play.