Tony Romo’s 38 TD breakdown

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't long for the Romo days... What were those days ? Two losses in the divisonal round... We have had that with Dak....

I remember when only Fans of other teams would constantly say this to bust a Cowboys Fans balls.

Now 7 years later its all you ever hear from half this Fan Base for no other reason then to prop up the LEGEND OF DAK

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Dak has no chance in hell to carry that offense. Dak threw 24 TDs in 2016. The offense was basically predicated on the QB read option and the thread of Zeke. It was essentially a gimmick offense like Football Team with RG3. It was completely dumbed down for Dak and less than half way into that first season with Dak, Linehan had run play action more with Dak than Romo ran all season. Dallas was third in play action in 2016 in attempts, while Dallas was 23rd in Romo’s last full season. Hell, they are last in Garrett’s last ‘official’ season calling plays here Ahs Giant Garrett continued than in NY, along with boasting the worst RB in the league inckuding last in rushing attempts.

1. Dallas was 31st in passing attempts in 2014 and 4th in TDs and 3rd in yards per attempt. The efficiency and threat Romo was with his passing arm was ridiculous. With a running game and Garrett out the way, Romo was elite period and the best in the business. He was firing TDs in relation to attempts at a ridiculous pace. This was a downfield attacking offense predicated on Romo’s elite passing skills.

2. Tony Romo in the regular season put up these numbers on 435 attempts and played 15 games. Dak Prescott in regular season three 596 attempts, meaning close to five extra FIVE games worth of passing for Dak and could only notch 37 TDs in the 17th game of the regular season, though he played 16 games and we all know he got it, third string guys with the Eagles playing into the fourth quarter. And in this soft era.

3. Romo was sacked 29 times to Dak’s 30 times on 160 LESS attempts. So Dak-stand have a comical way of telling us their QB is always under pressure, when his passing attempts per sack ratio doesn’t even come close to how much Romo was getting pressured

4. Romo threw for 79% in sub-zero temperature in Lambeau in the playoffs and didn’t throw INTs that whole playoffs. He had 4 TDs and brought the team back against the Lions, though he got sacjed6 tines. The OL gave up 6 sacks those playoffs.

5. 2016 and 2017 was the most idiotic move in franchise history by the clown show FO to start Dak. Zeke was still a home run hitter by then, meaning with Romo, the sky could have been the limit in that short SB window. The stats had finally aligned for Romo and this FO stabbed him in the back.

#5 - If only Romo played in that Packers playoff game…

Dunks3001

Reaction score
That year was great and the run game was best in the league too. Just sucks that in a playoff game against GB Romo decided to throw up a 50/50 ball to Dez on 4th down instead of hitting Witten or Beasely underneath who were both wide open. That would have kept the clock running and I'm sure we would have eventually scored and won. But you know Romo. Had to play hero ball instead.. What could have been

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Since people love to bring up ancient history so much around here, Danny White is still the 3rd best QB in Cowboys history. Romo will never be better than that. And with the 17th game plus the abysmal NFC East (which will take a few years to regroup), Dak is going to crush all of Romo’s passing records. So you Romo nutswingers won’t have anything left to hang onto as Dak moves to the #4 QB in Cowboys history. Obviously, it doesn’t mean a damn thing because Super Bowls are all that should matter. Well, you can always hang on to the title of highest paid broadcaster in history…..

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Here is all 37 tds (not including his two in playoffs) from this year. You even get to hear Romo stammer trying to swallowing his hate about a half a dozen times lol

Is this the extra game against the 3 stringers finally season, asking for a friend. That last game wasn't Aikman who said you can't count that against those players. Good watch for a laugh the Giants were really a tough team.

Ken

Reaction score
Is this the extra game against the 3 stringers finally season, asking for a friend. That last game wasn't Aikman who said you can't count that against those players. Good watch for a laugh the Giants were really a tough team.
It actually starts with 3 tds against the world champs returning all 22 starters...

dckid

Reaction score
Are you trying to say . . . discussing the 2014 COWBOYS SEASON should be permanently banned because it sets you off?
No... I apologize. I personally thing the 2007 team was the closest we had to getting to a SB. 2009 was a bit under rated.
To me 2014, Romo was more on his downside, he was not as mobile, JG really limited him from changing out of runs. I clearly remember that narrative from that year.

dckid

Reaction score
Dak can barely hit his RB Dump Off outlet
I agree Dak is terrible. Not a fan as every one of my posts from this past summer were.
From 2016-2020 even with that one big franchise tag, our QB spend was around 6 million a year. We basically took that advantage and made it a anchor around our neck as a football organization.
Dak is great on a 4th round contract, he is now one of the worst investments in the league. Just wait until this offseason or most likely next season, when the pundits come out and say worst contracts in football. DAK will be on that list. It is inevitable. Unless your 40 million QB is taking you to the championship game and has the opportunity for a SB, the organization wasted its money.
You might as well light that contract on fire.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That year was great and the run game was best in the league too. Just sucks that in a playoff game against GB Romo decided to throw up a 50/50 ball to Dez on 4th down instead of hitting Witten or Beasely underneath who were both wide open. That would have kept the clock running and I'm sure we would have eventually scored and won. But you know Romo. Had to play hero ball instead.. What could have been
This is not true. Witten and Beasely were initially "covered" by two defenders in their respective areas while Dez was one-on-one as the first option by Romo.

Witten never got open (covered by two), and only Beasely was open when his immediate defender decided to blitz and he was picked up by the linebacker but Romo was looking all the way at Bryant due to the one-on-one coverage. In retrospect Beasely was open but was the third read.

Regardless, it should've been a catch. It was a catch in every sense of the term. This was a CLEAR example of the rigged NFL. Whenever something is in "doubt enough" no matter by how little it will go against the team they want it to go against.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Tell us something we don’t know? I mean anyone with eyes knows Romo was better. But what’s the point? He’s in the booth and we have Dak. I mean I would take Demarco Murray too but he’s not here either

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The following article breaks down Tony Romo’s 38 TD breakdown in 2014-2015, with GIFs for 9 of them, which include a bird’s eye view of him moving in the pocket. It’s actually an incredibly good article for those interested.

The play 6 breakdown on the second page, which includes the pump to the WR which he pulls back and continues with his progressions, while maneuvering the pocket and throwing that dime, is crazy, though plenty of them are. That’s elite QB play.

BelatedBelatedEagle-size_restricted.gif

EnragedCanineIsopod-size_restricted.gif

http://nflbreakdowns.com/2015/07/tony-romos-38-touchdowns-2014/

Tony had MVP level play in 2014. So tragic his body broke down after that. And then we refused to play him in 2016.

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree Dak is terrible. Not a fan as every one of my posts from this past summer were.
From 2016-2020 even with that one big franchise tag, our QB spend was around 6 million a year. We basically took that advantage and made it a anchor around our neck as a football organization.
Dak is great on a 4th round contract, he is now one of the worst investments in the league. Just wait until this offseason or most likely next season, when the pundits come out and say worst contracts in football. DAK will be on that list. It is inevitable. Unless your 40 million QB is taking you to the championship game and has the opportunity for a SB, the organization wasted its money.
You might as well light that contract on fire.
Dak Prescott = worst contract in the NFL or would it be more pertinent to just say team sport?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, i would give you a 1000 likes if I could. All this Romo worship, Dak Hate or Dak Love and Romo Hate are stupid...
Come on this organization had two HOF QB's, lets have some standards.
Do you see 49er fans gushing over Grbacy, Jimmy G, Jeff Garcia types???
I don't long for the Romo days... What were those days ? Two losses in the divisonal round... We have had that with Dak....
The discussion is NOT about our satisfaction with divisional rounds. You need to create your own thread, if that's your interest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We're fighting over trash. Let's get a real star QB in here so we can forget Romo and Dak for good.
You think the results will be different with different quarterbacks lol....damn...I remember my days of being that naive lol.