Tony Romo has to be the best analyst since John Madden

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you’re saying my dream of seeing Romo win a Lombardi for Dallas is still alive?

I really think he's going to be. Jerry will let him step right in to the OC role, learn the coaching ropes for a year or two, and then elevate him to HC. Where I think he's going to be great at it. I just hope we don't have any blocking issues and he doesn't end up going someplace else.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't imagine it happening while his kids are still young.
Then he could be well past his prime before getting an opportunity. I think it will come sooner rather than later.

This gig was just to make his transition easier from football. He obviously wasn’t ready to give it up. The longer he’s removed from it the less serious teams will take him. That’s my hunch anyway since he’s already expressed an interest.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He’s got to be the best analyst since John Madden.
I would have been happier if he had been the best QB since Joe Montana. Props to Romo for a successful transition from player to analyst but he's Danny White to me.....love the guy but.....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Too bad he couldn't hold on to the snap. His career would have been very different.
Wish he wasn't still playing special teams that day. So unheard of
Didnt want anyone muffing the brand new ball Seattle provided (NFL rule change afterward) but if it happened, would rather it had been a true special teams player and not our starting QB.

Such long lasting affects on some people’s perception when, as a QB, he actually did his job leading his team down for the go ahead points.
Oh well.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Somehow dozens of professional athletes across multiple sports are all singing Romo's praises but the Great biased Aria wants to choke when he hears from him? You're a joke :lmao2:
I never said he didn’t bring anything different to the table, IMOF that was my one compliment so I don’t see how that’s biased. There’s also been criticism of him by other professionals broadcasters but it’s pointless to bring that up because the homers will automatically discredit them if it doesn’t fit their narrative.

Just like Cowherd is a hack but if he says something the Cowboys fans like then he has credibility...until he says something they don’t like.

Again, I’ll be more than happy to mention everytime he’s wrong AND right in a live thread next year and we’ll see which is right more often.