Tony Romo is much better than Troy Aikman at the job

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Aikman....Joe Buck is very hit or miss, but I enjoy Aikman. Wish they were still doing the fox games though. Mondays I'm switching it up between the regular broadcast and the Manning show on ESPN2.

RS12

Reaction score
I watched the Manning cast. Peyton ad libs pretty well and offered good insight. Eli more of a sidekick. Jimmy was a guest in a good segment. Thought they went a little too long with Pat McAfee and the guy from SNL. Bottom line besides radio there are alternatives to the ESPN broadcast.

kumizi

Reaction score
People love Aikman the guy so it’s hard for them to separate how boring he is in the booth.
He’s more polished than Romo but for me, he’s way too polished. Just speaks in generalities instead of really taking us inside what’s happening. Romo will explain to you what’s going on in real time. Aikman goes off a script.

MS17

Reaction score
I love Troy and he is an asset and adds much to the NFL broadcasts. But last night was the first time Ive heard a gaffe from him (about Indiana Hoosier football). He was extremely apologetic, took ownership and moved on. Showed a human side.

dfense

Reaction score
Troy's eyes were bloodshot red again at the half camera time. Enjoying the fruits of his labor.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
My biggest gripe about the game last night was ESPN's broadcast not showing replays!

A football broadcast has to do two things, show the play and show the replay -- if there is time for other shots fine -- but show the damn replays.

ESPN is terrible.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I usually like Aikman, but I'll agree last night the commentary wasn't the best.

I really don't like care for any broadcasters other than Gus Johnson who rules. Daryl Johnston with Tony Siragusa on the sideline was fun as well.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Not even close. Romo walks in wings it. No preparation before hand.

I think that's why a lot of people actually like him. He understands way more about football then anyone at the bar but talks like a guy would sitting next to you at the bar.