Tony Romo says it’s “a coin flip” that Ezekiel Elliott plays for Cowboys Week 1 | CBS Sports HQ

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,403 Messages
    10,609 Likes Received
    You know I thought that point was evident in Romo's words.

Sometimes I think, on this site, not everyone speaks the same language.

maryquality, CowboyGil and 408Cowboy like this.
  2. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

8,487 Messages
    14,363 Likes Received
    Just it, Stephen's now talking sideways on this. He's also said he Zeke has a top 5 offer on the table and Bell's contract "reset" the market. So that's one of three possibilities......my guess, the current offer is Bell money. If true, it means they are not that far apart in numbers but who knows about structure.

I have a hunch Stephen could close this deal today if he wanted to ( since he already admitted Gurley money). He's making Zeke sweat a bit for holding out and forcing his hand.

glimmerman likes this.
  3. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

921 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Let him sit and start the fines. You gotta let the other plays know you can't pull that kinda crap and the team will just be fine with it.

CopenhagenCowboy and Furboy like this.
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

8,911 Messages
    8,743 Likes Received
    I think people post off the topic headline and don’t really read the whole post or watch the video. I’ve been guilty of that in the past and got burned.

TwoDeep3 likes this.
  5. aria

aria Well-Known Member

11,266 Messages
    10,875 Likes Received
    Another fantastic prediction by Romodamus. He may run the ball or pass the ball in this situation :rolleyes: Followed by fans drooling over how right he was no matter which happens. 50/50...really going out on a limb Tony.

X550i, baltcowboy and 408Cowboy like this.
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,749 Messages
    41,533 Likes Received
    :laugh:

aria likes this.
  7. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

14,943 Messages
    15,546 Likes Received
    Yeah giving him the contract he wants 2 years early is gonna teach him a lesson. Lol.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  8. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

10,561 Messages
    11,318 Likes Received
    Agreed. He's a fourth rounder. I'll just be happy this season I'd be manages to get 15 snaps and kick returns.

PAPPYDOG likes this.
  9. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,159 Messages
    9,441 Likes Received
    3 things are certain in life.....

1.Death
    2.Taxes

3. Zeke (as a Cowboy) will become the highest paid HB in the NFL by Kick-off.

You heard it here!

10. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,213 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    I think it would be ill advised for Zeke to miss. "If" Pollard goes off againt the Giants, then Zeke will have further dug himself a payday hole. It'll just give Jerry a bigger upperhand. I'd bank on Zeke being there game 1, if he wants to maintain his value.

Furboy likes this.
  11. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

10,963 Messages
    11,617 Likes Received
    And I'll have no problem admitting to disagree if that happens big guy.

12. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

8,813 Messages
    6,499 Likes Received
    Not true its the giants and ONE GAME..Zeke proved over 3 years he can be #1 3 downs BLOCK Catch etc the most carries in the league vs one game..get out of here..Zeke solidified himself as top 3 back and arguably #1 period no rookie with one good game is making anyone sweat..do it say 4 games in row and then against great defense and then it might start making Zeke uncomfortable..

this guy showed me nothing against the #2/3 defense of the first PS, NOTHING...al lot of hope being hung on these young guys with np proof they can play against a STARTING DEFENSE IN A REAL GAME.. stay tuned 4 for 16 aginst a practice squad team and no tackilng practices..yup HOF babay!!:lmao2:

13. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

19,504 Messages
    33,201 Likes Received
    Romo on drugs or did they wake him up in the middle of the night for that? Death row inmates walking the last walk have more energy.

Or is he sending CBS a message? This is the Tony Romo you get for 5M, you want the animated one, he'll cost ya another 5.

14. CapnCook

CapnCook Well-Known Member

574 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    That's the biggest exaggeration I've ever read.:thumbup:

15. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

19,504 Messages
    33,201 Likes Received
    All kinds of records being set here today!!!!

CapnCook likes this.
  16. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

23,672 Messages
    61,794 Likes Received
    Jerry likes to make a splash. There will be a news conference at The Star soon after they get back from Hawaii. Zeke will start against the Giants. Print it in Two inch letters! That's for the old timers! Lol!!

Thomas82 likes this.
  17. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

4,301 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    Yes, but that doesn’t support the narrative that the FO is staffed by morons! You know, Jerry and Steven and JG don’t know football like the internet realists!

TwoDeep3 likes this.
  18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

23,045 Messages
    14,961 Likes Received
    Zeke the leader!!!!

19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,403 Messages
    10,609 Likes Received

I tried to find the quote about I did the talking and you did the walking. But it's not out there now.

So I found this. For the grey haired guys among us.

20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

16,626 Messages
    14,223 Likes Received
    If your an astute fan, like many of us are here, you would have noticed that Pollard was pulled after just 1 series along with the other starters. That was a big clue as to how the Cowboys are approaching the negotiations. I’ve been on record that he would play week 1 but I think I may be wrong. There’s still no doubt in my mind that he will be signed but the Cowboys are playing hard ball and I like it.

TwoDeep3 likes this.