Tony Romo says it’s “a coin flip” that Ezekiel Elliott plays for Cowboys Week 1 | CBS Sports HQ

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
:lmao2:,,,Durrrr:confused: I'll take the flip side that foretells: HE WILL play game#1, there #9,,, solely guiding my insightfully wizened foreseeing into the future, by that which was BLURTED forth from PAPPY "counting dem' clams" ELLIOTT, from back in April or Mayo_O

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am first and foremost a fan of the Dallas Cowboys as everyone else is on this forum including you! Everyone on here also has an opinion otherwise why would we post anything? Of course it's a "matter of opinion" seriously? I will agree that I am not "level-headed" and that's why I don't have to make decisions for this team. Let's leave that to the owner who bought this team. We are having fun on here and not stressing over making decisions. :)
I agree with everything you said. But not all posters here are the same with their objectivity. I'm a homer that thinks the Cowboys can go undefeated every season. But because I know this about myself, I can never do any betting concerning this team. My saving grace is I'm self-aware of my own bias and I don't let my like for any player get ahead of my like for the team. Some fans don't posses this self-awareness and just spew their opinion as the absolute truth or are so in favor of a certain player they cannot see them capable of any wrongdoing. Zeke worshipers are this way. They are incapable of seeing the Cowboys succeeding without him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Elliot doesn’t show up does that give Dak and JG and Moore a pass.

uvaballa

Reaction score
If DC's offensive run game struggles directly or Dak's pocket struggles (continue) due to a non existent run threat, (and we're 0-2 or 1-4 out the gate), Zeke gets signed.
I have a bad feeling (given the nature of this team) Maher will be icing his leg after every game with or without Zeke. This team really needs to find a red zone offense.
If the running game struggles it will be due to the line not playing well. If Freddy and company play well the running game will be just fine.

Now the Dak part is more on Dak but he needs his line to play well too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Zeke has no leverage.
He's a running back, meaning he has a short career span.
This is a passing league, meaning we'll merely shift the focus of the offense to passing.
The Cowboys have invested heavily in the offensive line and will continue to do so.
If Zeke sits, he'll be back in the same situation as he is now. He'll still have two years left on his contract.
If we do well in his absence, he makes trading him more likely.
If we do poorly in his absence, we position ourselves for a top pick and the possibility of replacing him if not in the first, in the second round.
We need Zeke, but then again, we don't.
Having said all this, he'll sign before the first game.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
If the running game struggles it will be due to the line not playing well. If Freddy and company play well the running game will be just fine.

Now the Dak part is more on Dak but he needs his line to play well too.
Agreed to a certain extent. If Dak has time, he needs to make the throws. If he doesn't, he needs to be smart enough to get rid of the ball and not take sacks. If Dak struggles, the D can and will put 9 in the box making it difficult for the oline/RB and run game in general. If we become one dimensional on offense, good luck.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Agreed to a certain extent. If Dak has time, he needs to make the throws. If he doesn't, he needs to be smart enough to get rid of the ball and not take sacks. If Dak struggles, the D can and will put 9 in the box making it difficult for the oline/RB and run game in general. If we become one dimensional on offense, good luck.
Dak is going to be Dak so I doubt he struggles anymore than he has in the past as long as he has protection. The main concern I do have with a rookie RB is pass protection. If he misses some blocks Dak could get killed. I think Moore is smart enough to use 3 or 4 WR sets to spread defenses out and not allow them to stack the box. So I’m not too worried about that.