Captain Comeback
Reaction score

FUffNBKWYAAbo7W

Nice gesture....

khiladi

Reaction score
I read he didn’t want it donated today
It was his choice so that’s what should have been done, decomp aside

I agree. I’m just saying the family mentioned it as a secondary point anyways. They weren’t going to donate it per his will irrespective.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sad to see.

That being said.....hope I dont get banned, but Barber was inevitably going to get severe brain damage with his running style. I was worried, watching him.

…..just the fact that we now believe that this rational sentiment could get one banned, speaks volumes about this site

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That was certainly a well stated and a fitting tribute about Marion Barber that Tony Romo saw fit to reveal.

It appeared to encompass so many of the things that anyone could hold dear about someone he admired.

May Marion Barber rest in peace and may his family recover as well as can be expected from his demise.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Marion was a beast on the field and he paid for with his life. It's fricking sad that so many of his ex-mates knew that he wasn't doing well, but NONE of them stepped up to help him. It would have been easy for a couple of teammates to get to gather and reach out to one of his family members or better yet reach out to JJ and request that he try to get Marion the medical help that he needed. If this would have happened, he'd still be here today.............

DFWJC

Reaction score
Marion was a beast on the field and he paid for with his life. It's fricking sad that so many of his ex-mates knew that he wasn't doing well, but NONE of them stepped up to help him. It would have been easy for a couple of teammates to get to gather and reach out to one of his family members or better yet reach out to JJ and request that he try to get Marion the medical help that he needed. If this would have happened, he'd still be here today.............

Respectfully, you really shouldn't be accusing people of stuff you don't know to be true.
I know the Cowboys and Jerry had helped him over the past several years.
Romo had for sure personally helped Barber in the past....as well as a few other of his past teammates.

MB3--one of the really beloved Cowboys--had mental health issues even when he was playing. He had various "personality disorders" that were fairly well known at the time.

This story is just so sad. But people did try to help.

sideon

Reaction score
I know they didn't win as much, but I liked watching the 06-14 Cowboys more than the current regime. Marion running through defenders and Romo playing backyard style football was great to watch.

shabazz

Reaction score
Respectfully, you really shouldn't be accusing people of stuff you don't know to be true.
Romo had for sure personally helped Barber in the past....as well as a few other of his past teammates.

MB3--one of the really beloved Cowboys--had mental health issues even when he was playing. He had various "personality disorders" that were fairly well known at the time.

:hammer:

FVSTONE

Reaction score

If they did help they didn't try hard enough! It's funny how a player can get behind something that they really care about and give they heart and sole for it, but Marion didn't get that kind of support, because if he had someone would have been there doing his worst times and got him the help he needed. Helping someone with mental issues can be draining, but that's what you do when a friend is in need of help, you go the distance.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
has there been no more info surrounding the details of his death released since his body was found?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they did help they didn't try hard enough! It's funny how a player can get behind something that they really care about and give they heart and sole for it, but Marion didn't get that kind of support, because if he had someone would have been there doing his worst times and got him the help he needed. Helping someone with mental issues can be draining, but that's what you do when a friend is in need of help, you go the distance.
Maybe you didn't try hard enough...*******!

What the *&^%(^)*&_&%)^*%

Blaming the few people who actually cared for his death!

Have you lost your mind?

Last edited:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Maybe you didn't try hard enough...*******!

What the *&^%(^)*&_&%)^*%

Blaming the few people who actually cared for his death!

Have you lost your mind?
We all care about his death, but there were only a handful of ex-mates who knew the truth about what he was going through and I believe they dropped the ball on Marion Barber.