Video: Tony Romo's Career Highlights with the Dallas Cowboys | NFL Legends

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is NOT a Dak Prescott bashing thread!

I posted this because I wanted to remind people how lucky the Cowboys were to have Romo even though his stats and performances were wasted here.

Now the Cowboys have found Dak Prescott who will likely top everything Romo ever did and the Cowboys still have not gotten anywhere near the Super Bowl, at least not yet.

My point in posting this was not about Romo versus Dak at all, but rather a reminder how fortunate the Cowboys and we fans have been knowing that every week, no matter the score early on, the Cowboys have had a chance to win most games because of these two great quarterbacks.

Stop focusing on the hate and start enjoying the journey!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I posted this because I wanted to remind people how lucky the Cowboys were to have Romo and his stats and performances were wasted here.

Now the Cowboys have found Dak Prescott who will likely top everything Romo ever did and the Cowboys still have not gotten anywhere near the Super Bowl, at least not yet.

Enjoy the journey!
Wonder what Romo would have done with a quality coaching staff....he was fun to watch and has my respect.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I posted this because I wanted to remind people how lucky the Cowboys were to have Romo even though his stats and performances were wasted here.

My point in posting this was not about Romo versus Dak at all, but rather a reminder how fortunate the Cowboys and we fans have been knowing that every week, no matter the score early on, the Cowboys have had a chance to win most games because of these two great quarterbacks.

Stop focusing on the hate and start enjoying the journey!

Amen!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Wonder what Romo would have done with a quality coaching staff....he was fun to watch and has my respect.

This is one of those unanswered questions that will haunt me for the rest of my life. (not literally, just figure of speech) I thought Romo was fantastic and you could see him grow with each passing season. It's a shame he was handcuffed to terrible coaching pretty much his entire career (excluding a short period with Parcells).

His career is a massive "what could have been".

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Romo still has the stigma when he did not hold onto the slippery ball for the extra point or field goal, whatever it was, and that is where his "choker" label started. But, he was a wizard, for sure. Would love to have seen him in his prime with this years team.

pansophy

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this -- I'm can dream that after a long career as a #1 broadcaster that he ends up in HOF one day. Also, far from wanting to bash Dak it made me even more excited about him. Seeing some of Romo's early years throws compared to his later years -- Dak has made similar adjustments to his throwing motion that has made him so much better. We are fortunate.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this -- I'm can dream that after a long career as a #1 broadcaster that he ends up in HOF one day. Also, far from wanting to bash Dak it made me even more excited about him. Seeing some of Romo's early years throws compared to his later years -- Dak has made similar adjustments to his throwing motion that has made him so much better. We are fortunate.

I really like Romo, but, I doubt he will ever make the HOF. He's one of them fortunate players that had great success, but never accomplished anything and really unlucky at the same time while on the field. It would be cool if he was in the HOF, but.....?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Side note: I'm really surprised that video left out the highlight of his (pretty much game winning) pass to Jesse Holley against the 49ers when he was playing with cracked ribs and a punctured lung!

According to Holley, Romo checked out of the original play and called this one. Wanted to go for the win. Once again, bailing out his coaching staff. :D

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Side note: I'm really surprised that video left out the highlight of his (pretty much game winning) pass to Jesse Holley against the 49ers when he was playing with cracked ribs and a punctured lung!

According to Holley, Romo checked out of the original play and called this one. Wanted to go for the win. Once again, bailing out his coaching staff. :D

According to Holley, Romo actually told him to be ready on the sidelines before they even got the ball for that drive :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo ends up one day making the HOF as a broadcaster it may even mean more to him in the end depending on how long his career lasts doing it.