Too early off-season pet cats

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok FA and the draft is over.

We all have our pet cats. and sometimes one or two emerge in TC.
However, I think right now I am going with QB Ben DiNucci to top my list.

I feel pet cats should be late round draft picks or UDFA's. Some player not expected to make the team or make an impact right away. But has or shows the potential to make the team.

I know some will pick. a high draft pick, and that is understandable. As my other higher drafted player may be Reggie Robinson II.

I did not see any UDFA that standout to choose. Maybe Kamara at LB, but not sure why, need to see in TC.
Though I am sure some will stand out in TC, at least for the PS.

Who is / are your early pet cats?
So if by "pet cat", you're talking about your "surprise stud".... Oh Hell, I don't know.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I feel pet cats should be late round draft picks or UDFA's. Some player not expected to make the team or make an impact right away. But has or shows the potential to make the team.

I know some will pick. a high draft pick, and that is understandable. As my other higher drafted player may be Reggie Robinson II.

I did not see any UDFA that standout to choose. Maybe Kamara at LB, but not sure why, need to see in TC.

I'm sticking with the same pet cat I had last season... WR Cedrick Wilson.

morasp

Reaction score
Rico Dowdle was a RB I usually picked in the seventh round of my mock drafts. We have Zeke and Pollard but Dowdle looks like a good player.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rico Dowdle was a RB I usually picked in the seventh round of my mock drafts. We have Zeke and Pollard but Dowdle looks like a good player.

Looks like he has good vision and good hands, but from what I see here, he seems a bit slow to accelerate. Power seems slightly above average.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nice highlights, but it makes me wonder if there is a reason he wasn't used more in college.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Rookies:
CB Robinson
DE/LB Anae

Veterans:
Tony Pollard

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Last year's draft class:
Donovan Wilson, Safety (Someone, anyone, please take this safety position)
Jalen Jelks, Edge (Pac-12!!!)

This year's draft class:
Reggie Robinson, Defensive Back (Initially not a fan of drafting redshirt seniors, but value is there in the 4th round. Intrgigued by his size and aggressiveness)
Bradlee Anae, Edge (Pac-12!!!!)

This year's UDFA signings:
Francis Bernard, Linebacker (You may have heard, I'm a Pac-12 homer, but this kid has talent. Went undrafted due to character concerns)
Kendrick Rogers, Wide Receiver (6'4" and really stood out in some A&M games I watched, against good DB's too)
Azur Kamara, Edge or Linebacker (I coached against him in college)
Seweo Olinilua, Fullback (don't know much about him but I really can't stand do-nothing Jamize Olawale)
Terence Steele, Tackle (surprised he went undrafted)

Wood

Reaction score

Gillimore. Big dancing bear has chance to be disruptor on defense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
BTW, based on the comment from @snapper my UDFA Pet Cat is LB Francis Bernard from Utah, AKA, the Stormin Mormon.

jday

Reaction score

Dinucci has something. Good arm. Elusive in the pocket. Seems to have that gamer mentality; a guy that could probably be good at any sport.

Kamara has an incredible story, but I don't know much about the player.

And...

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Dak Prescott
He may not even make the team.

I will take the 2020 draft as my pet cat.

I know the draft is a total crapshoot. Every year it seems everyone is excited about this pick or that one. This year we weren't behind the 8 ball and good players just kept falling to us. If half of these guys pan out we will take a huge leap in where we are as a team.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Anae and Biadasz are 2nd or 3rd round talents we got with the very last picks of the 4th and 5th rounds.

Absolute steals. I think Biadasz is our starting center if not this year, then next year. And Anae should be a solid rotational DE.