Too early off-season pet cats

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This year so far only Bradlee Anae. From last year though I am still pulling for Jelks.

dogberry

Reaction score
I picked too soon.

Other teams, including some allied with the Dark Lord of the Night, grabbed my pets.

UncleBlazer

Reaction score
Last year's draft class:
Donovan Wilson, Safety (Someone, anyone, please take this safety position)
Jalen Jelks, Edge (Pac-12!!!)

This year's draft class:
Reggie Robinson, Defensive Back (Initially not a fan of drafting redshirt seniors, but value is there in the 4th round. Intrgigued by his size and aggressiveness)
Bradlee Anae, Edge (Pac-12!!!!)

This year's UDFA signings:
Francis Bernard, Linebacker (You may have heard, I'm a Pac-12 homer, but this kid has talent. Went undrafted due to character concerns)
Kendrick Rogers, Wide Receiver (6'4" and really stood out in some A&M games I watched, against good DB's too)
Azur Kamara, Edge or Linebacker (I coached against him in college)
Seweo Olinilua, Fullback (don't know much about him but I really can't stand do-nothing Jamize Olawale)
Terence Steele, Tackle (surprised he went undrafted)

What’s your thoughts on Azur Kamara?? I’m really pulling for the kid. Seems very raw, but is very athletic

SSoup

Reaction score
If the Biadasz qualifies, I'm going with him!
:thumbup:
If his hip is doing good and if he did a good job of staying in shape during this weird offseason, I feel like he'll come in and fit like a glove. Seriously, I think it'll only take a few days of training camp before we start turning to each other and saying, "Oh boy. We got something right here. How did we get this guy lower than the early 2nd round?"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If his hip is doing good and if he did a good job of staying in shape during this weird offseason, I feel like he'll come in and fit like a glove. Seriously, I think it'll only take a few days of training camp before we start turning to each other and saying, "Oh boy. We got something right here. How did we get this guy lower than the early 2nd round?"

I sure do hope you’re right!
:thumbup:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Ok FA and the draft is over.

We all have our pet cats. and sometimes one or two emerge in TC.
However, I think right now I am going with QB Ben DiNucci to top my list.

I feel pet cats should be late round draft picks or UDFA's. Some player not expected to make the team or make an impact right away. But has or shows the potential to make the team.

I know some will pick. a high draft pick, and that is understandable. As my other higher drafted player may be Reggie Robinson II.

I did not see any UDFA that standout to choose. Maybe Kamara at LB, but not sure why, need to see in TC.
Though I am sure some will stand out in TC, at least for the PS.

Who is / are your early pet cats?

My first question is why you use cats? Guys are usually associated with dogs. Like when we hear I don't have any dogs in that fight or when referring to the defense and hearing let the dogs lose and get that QB.

conner01

Reaction score
Will McClay on record saying his is Reggie Robinson II.
He wasn’t a guy I really looked at because I expected a CB higher but he looks like he has a world of potential
He may have the best chance to make an early impact

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He wasn’t a guy I really looked at because I expected a CB higher but he looks like he has a world of potential
He may have the best chance to make an early impact
Yea I studied him about zero but I did read the glowing reports of people like Brugler.
He was mocked a lot of DAL in rounds 3 and 4.
6'1" and 205 with plus athleticism on all events at combine. 40-yard dash (4.44), bench press (22), vertical (36″) and broad jump (11-0) were all impressive.

He is from Cleburne, TX so a fairly local kid.
– Next Gen Stats gave him a draft score of 89 out of 100, the highest of any cornerback in the 2020 draft. Robinson had a size score of 81, production score of 79 and athleticism score of 93

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Reggie Robinson ll, Because Will McClay called him "his" pet cat
Meooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on Azur Kamara?? I’m really pulling for the kid. Seems very raw, but is very athletic
His skillset is really Edge only but his size is more of a Linebacker. I've never seen him look well in coverage and not sure he has the FBI to drop back in zone coverages or handle mesh rules.

I didn't watch him much in 2019. A few of my players, as well as one of my son's high school teammates, were on previous Jayhawk teams. Our quarterback, Thomas MacVittie, is still there but he lost the starting QB competition so I tuned out of games once I realized Thomas wasn't getting reps. Hopefully he does this year.

Back to Kamura, against us in 2017, he was on powerhouse team with multiple players who would go onto D1 programs. He was a pure right end (Edge) that could beat you with his speed and bend, but once our big tackle got his paws on him, it was usually a wrap.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My first question is why you use cats? Guys are usually associated with dogs. Like when we hear I don't have any dogs in that fight or when referring to the defense and hearing let the dogs lose and get that QB.

I didn’t create the term, it has always been used. :D

CapnB

Reaction score
Ron'Dell Carter. DE, James Madison They paid him over 100k to get his services

speedkilz88

Reaction score
tenor.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mine remains Jon'Vea Johnson. Couldn't be covered last preseason but didn't need to be because of his drops. Clean that up and we have quite the speedy receiver.