Too many holes on OL and Defense to pay Dak

Landryhat73

Reaction score
If the Boys end up with a top 3-5 pick, I would expect Jerry to sign Dak, trade back and accumulate draft picks.

And to get a head start, Jerry should be a seller during the trade deadline.
I like this idea, not sure who we can sell.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
No you trade Cooper. You keep CD and Gallup

Can’t trade Cooper because of his contact - who is going trade for him with the salary cap going down next year. Gallup has a cheap contract, if we can get a young player comparable to Gallup on the Defensive side of the ball, I’m all for it.

calvin

Reaction score
Ok. PROVE to us that Lawrence is a sure fire starter that won't have the team waste 3-4 years when...... Dallas has a top 5 PROVEN QB.

Despite the small sample I'd take Justin Herbert over Dak today. And I'll do so for one reason. Herbert has shown that he can vertically challenge the field with high level throws. he can simply make throws that Dak cannot make.

quickccc

Reaction score
...and yet we're paying Tyrone Crawford 9 million ....funds that could have been rolled over and going towards the dak contract next year

and yet Crawford has been huge liability and absolute crap on a every game basis... but he's such a likeable rah- rah locker room guy that
we cannot afford to at least demand a pay cut ... let's give a below averge backup rotation guy a charity fund 9 million and just
structure other big name players contracts ... etc etc. (ughh..what a silly front office move !)

:facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
as soon as you can guarantee we will get a QB as good as Dak I might by into this idea, I would cut loose anyone who is not producing and has huge contracts and take my chances in the draft and what ever we can get out of FA, besides chucking Dak aint gonna happen, I promise JJ wont let that happen so you might as well start coming up with a new plan this one is flawed from the start.

No, JJ will continue with the flawed idea that we're close to competing.

We arent going to win in the next 3 years unless Dak takes a 4+ year contract and gets paid less than he did for the first two years.

Ever heard of Dead Cap???, We arent getting rid of anyone until 2022 and even then we wont be saving much.

The problem with people like you is that you dont watch anything other than QB stats....nothing else matters and you have no idea of what to do with the team.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yeah it's so easy to do what he does...Dalton is making it look like a piece of cake

You think Dak is going to make this line look good? We already saw what happens to him when the offensive line is banged up - guess what, he sucked.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Despite the small sample I'd take Justin Herbert over Dak today. And I'll do so for one reason. Herbert has shown that he can vertically challenge the field with high level throws. he can simply make throws that Dak cannot make.
This is complete BS and you know it. Load of crappola. Steaming pile.

High level throws? What's that supposed to mean?

Great. Now that is going to permeate this board like melted butter. Yah.... you're that guy. Thanks.

What throws does Justin make that Dak cannot? Simply.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
We have too many holes..let's get rid of our best player who plays the most important position in all of sports

Brilliant
Yes. Get rid of all of our BEST players now while they are still worth draft picks. Jimmy traded Hershel Walker and everyone thought he was crazy for trading their best player away. The difference is we won't get the haul of draft picks Jimmy got. A rebuild means dumping as many as you can for draft picks. Keeping Dak even at $35m/year would be lunacy. The team simply has too many needs at other critical positions.

Praxit

Reaction score
...make no bones about it, they will pay Dak. They will re-structure contracts like they always do. Some good players will move on.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I like this idea, not sure who we can sell.

There's nobody to cut
This is complete BS and you know it. Load of crappola. Steaming pile.

High level throws? What's that supposed to mean?

Great. Now that is going to permeate this board like melted butter. Yah.... you're that guy. Thanks.

What throws does Justin make that Dak cannot? Simply.

I would guess he means that due to Dak's accuracy (which isnt his strongest suit), he isnt able to put the ball into tight situations and then tends to throw the percentage ball. This could be a contributory factor to his average Red Zone (and late game comeback) figures.

Dont get me wrong Dak is a good QB and could take a very good team far in the playoffs, unfortunately, we arent going to be a good team for some time.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
...make no bones about it, they will pay Dak. They will re-structure contracts like they always do. Some good players will move on.

Yp, we'll restructure already suspect contracts and cut/trade others in 2022.

The problem is that we'll end up just as we were in 2017 and 2018 when our one of our top 5 paid players wasnt even playing.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
There's nobody to cut

I would guess he means that due to Dak's accuracy (which isnt his strongest suit), he isnt able to put the ball into tight situations and then tends to throw the percentage ball. This could be a contributory factor to his average Red Zone (and late game comeback) figures.

Dont get me wrong Dak is a good QB and could take a very good team far in the playoffs, unfortunately, we arent going to be a good team for some time.
Dak is in the top 10 in the red zone.

Average come from behind numbers?

Do some research before you post....

The dude was pulling stuff outta his behind......seems to be contagious.

FTR - I'm not saying Dak is better or worse than any QB. Squashing untruths that some will run with filling the board with drivel and straight up lies.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Man that looks a lot like the same garbage yall were peddling about Dalton for the last two weeks..

1) Coming into the season Dak and Russ were ranked #1 and #2 in deepball accuracy in the entire league.
2) At the time he went down Dak was #1 or #2 in the league in passes of over 40 yards.. and that was without ever getting the chance to roast our defense.
3) You idiots have spent months telling me that "stats don't matter, just wins" and now you want to dump a guy who has won 60% of his starts in the NFL for a guy who is 1-4? Why? Because you like the way he looks while losing? Is he prettier than Dak? What am I missing?

As they say in my country GTFOH!

Why don't you people just come clean and tell us the real reason you would take just about any QB over Dak.

It can't be his play.. because he was playing top 5 level at his position when he went down..
It can't be his character because the kid is a top notch human being across the board.
It can't be wins and losses because this dude just admitted he would take a guy with a WORSE record over Dak.

What's the real reason? Come on.. we won't tell nobody.. let it out..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak is in the top 10 in the red zone.

Average come from behind numbers?

Do some research before you post....

The dude was pulling stuff outta his behind......seems to be contagious.

FTR - I'm not saying Dak is better or worse than any QB. Squashing untruths that some will run with filling the board with drivel and straight up lies.

What's your source?

You're just wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We simply have too many holes to pay Dak 35+ mill a year. We need to rebuild our OL and Defense. We might as well rebuild at the QB position as well.

What needs to be rebuilt on the OL?
Smith and Collins will be back next year. Though they need to look at Smith's replacement. But do not need to spend a 1st round pick, unless one drops to us and is BPA such as Lamb was. Biadasz will be better with experience he is getting this wasted season. Martin will still be there. Then it is just who plays LG, Williams improves, or does McGovern the over.
None of this impacts the cap.

Defense is more scheme than players. Yes, we need a lot of work on defense. But that needs to come from the draft, not high paid FA's.