Too much focus on Safety here. bigger issues

blueblood70

Reaction score
The cowboys defense was a bend but dont break. They gave up yards but not points. Dallas gave up 324 points (20.2 per game) Bears gave up 283 (17.7 per game) Raiders gave up 467 (29.2 per game). The defense did good. IMO what hurt was not scoring TD's in the redzone. Play selection in redzone sucked some of the blame can go to execution but to me a majority of it was the play calls.
that was my point missed by most, they also did improve the defense just not safety, people like to argue and bring up stats..we need to score more , period.. But its not like they ignored the Defense, do I stutter lOL they added Quinn Opposite of Tank, brought in draft picks a few FAs and Hill to make the dline better which can help the backend.. they chose to wait on a safety but have lIoka and draft pick, can go after a fA if its an issue in season.. they chose to bolter other areas but the ridiculous overreaction to not taking safety who may not have even won a job is way overstated..they know they need a safety and future starting TE but obviously felt no one near their picks or FA blew their socks off and made the decision to help Offense score better and a dline to pressure more..

TwentyOne

Reaction score
ehh Brees and Brady combined to score 36 points against the Rams in the playoffs so I think this is a stretch.

At any rate we need to score more points on offense (getting better in the red zone will help) and get more sacks and turnovers on defense.

Well the patriots won the game, and the consensus was that the saints should have had too.

Its not only how much points you score on offense , its how the game unfolds and what your chances were. We lacked good qb play in our game against the rams. Again, with a good qb at the position, this game would have looked way differently. And we had chances to score 35 points with a at least good qb.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Well the patriots won the game, and the consensus was that the saints should have had too.

Its not only how much points you score on offense , its how the game unfolds and what your chances were. We lacked good qb play in our game against the rams. Again, with a good qb at the position, this game would have looked way differently. And we had chances to score 35 points with a at least good qb.

So Brady only scored 13 points, Brees 23 but Dak should have scored 35?:huh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So Brady only scored 13 points, Brees 23 but Dak should have scored 35?:huh:
I would also bet those other QBs actually had the ball for more than 24 minutes since their defense wasnt allowing 250 yards on the ground

DanA

Reaction score
I think we've improved in every position group and just about every position. Probably slot receiver is the only area I think we've downgraded and Cobb in for Beasley isn't that big of a downgrade, I'm more so worried about health/injuries. I'm not sure on Moore but at least it's different so there's a chance we can be less predictable and more creative on offense.

Johnny23

Reaction score
And Woods is arguably playing out of position and would be a GREAT strong safety. There are safeties who have had more INTs in a year than our entire defensive unit. They're difference makers. Our 90s super bowls had great safety play.
We've been over this Jerry doesn't see the value in spending high value picks on safety it was Jimmy who brought in Darren Woodson, Thomas Everett, James Washington, and those boys. That's been established and he feels burned by the position because of how Roy Williams career played out in Dallas. Same with Russell Maryland and drafting a dt early. It's a shocker to me that they took Hill.