Top 100 FA's

Sydla

Reaction score
Caveat Emptor.

Collins likely too expensive. There are serious questions about his range in coverage. He has some Roy Williams type issues.

How is Malcom Brown ranked below his backup Danny Shelton?

If they give a Safety a multi-million dollar contract, it will be ET.

I thought HaHa was decent with the Packers but they didn't want to keep him and it appears the Skins don't either.

If Amos comes at a reasonable cost his current team is likely to keep him.

Perryman will want to start or at least have the opportunity.

Chickillo has been in a 3-4 defense. Teams that play the 3-4 might push up the price beyond his value to a 4-3 team.

I was a big fan of Randall Cobb in his earlier years but he has not looked right the past 2 or 3 years.

Eifert/Varrett

We've seen with Sean Lee that regardless of talent, the player is not valuable if they rarely play.

It might be a "bargain" to sign an Eifert type but there is an opportunity type cost involved when a player takes up a roster spot and practice snaps in training camp but then ends up injured much of the season. He makes Sean Lee look like Cal Ripken.

I studied Tre Boston prior to 2018. He was not impressive other than one year when he had 5 INTs.

Without the INTs, I would rate Byron Jones years at Safety over Boston.

Summary:
Danny Shelton might be a bargain run stopper because he was not a starter in 2018.

Eifert on a non-guaranteed contract such that they could see if he can make it through a pre-season healthy and if not cut him and move on.

Boston has played well the last two years.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Under the radar FA-Tyeler Davison, DT Saints

6'3 309lbs, team liked him in the draft. Big, powerful tackle who is strong vs the run and some ability to penetrate and collapse the pocket. Very good character guy, team leader on defense for the Saints.