Top 5 Free agent DTs and Safeties

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's no secret that the Cowboys could use a major upgrade at these two positions in particular.

This list is according to: https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-nfl-free-agents-list/

Defensive Tackles:
1.) DJ Reader (27)
2.) Javon Hargrave (27)
3.) Gerald McCoy (32)
4.) Ndamukong Suh (33)
5.) Andrew Billings (24)

Safeties:
1.) Justin Simmons (26)
2.) Anthony Harris (28)
3.) Devin McCourty (33)
4.) Ha Ha Clinton Dix (27)
5.) Tre Boston (28)
This list is leaving out a big name in Marcel Dareus. That should be the target. Coming off an injury wont be crazy expensive but he can play

CB61

Reaction score
It's no secret that the Cowboys could use a major upgrade at these two positions in particular.

This list is according to: https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2020-nfl-free-agents-list/

Defensive Tackles:
1.) DJ Reader (27)
2.) Javon Hargrave (27)
3.) Gerald McCoy (32)
4.) Ndamukong Suh (33)
5.) Andrew Billings (24)

Safeties:
1.) Justin Simmons (26)
2.) Anthony Harris (28)
3.) Devin McCourty (33)
4.) Ha Ha Clinton Dix (27)
5.) Tre Boston (28)
NO SUH

ultron

Reaction score
Dallas doesnt have to money to sign high priced free agents. Going to have to be pretty cheap.
That's not true, Dallas has a TON of cap space - granted Dak will take up some of that & I'm sure they'll bring back Amari (if he wants to play here) but even after those signings they'll still have significant cap space (currently $81 million) https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised Bills DT Jordan Phillips isn't on this list. A mammoth man who broke out this year and ended up with 9.5 sacks as well. He's high on my list.

ultron

Reaction score
adams would be unreal to get but I do not want to trade the first round pick for him.
It would take more than a 1st to get him and he would be more than worth it (we're talking about a very young all-pro safety here), the issue is he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league (rightfully so). We have the cap, but I'd rather spend it on 2 DTs and a lower tier safety.

ultron

Reaction score
This list is leaving out a big name in Marcel Dareus. That should be the target. Coming off an injury wont be crazy expensive but he can play
Yea I don't know if I really agree with this list - I'm going to make my own list soon

ultron

Reaction score
I'm surprised Bills DT Jordan Phillips isn't on this list. A mammoth man who broke out this year and ended up with 9.5 sacks as well. He's high on my list.
I agree, he must be a RFA - I'll have to look into that

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Now do the bottom 5 list and there's our options

Can only comment on his Miami time but he was very hot and cold on the field. Maybe that effort is part of the reason why?

Rayman70

Reaction score
better off drafting a good safety. I am all in on DJ READER. He fits our needs and wont come with baggage.