Top 5 QB salary rankings

blindzebra

Reaction score
How much do each of them earn with endorsements? Dak gets around $7M/year from endorsements according to rumor. And those endorsements are only because he is the Cowboys' QB. If Dak goes elsewhere, those endorsements do not follow.

If Dak signed for $28M/year it would really be around $35M/year with the built-in endorsements that come along with being QB of the Cowboys.
Also, taxes are lower in Dallas and the power of a dollar is higher in Dallas than LA, Seattle, and Philly. In Pgh the taxes are some of the highest in the country and the city plain blows chunks. Living in GB would absolutely suck. One has to factor in what your money can buy when choosing a city.

It is all about take-home pay and quality of life in the city where you work and your work atmosphere. Dallas is pretty much near the top in all the things that matter most.
Wilson 9 mil in endorsements.
Rodgers 9 mil in endorsements.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Goff and Wentz are massively overpaid
China dolls teammates agree. :laugh:
3mdl83.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Reactions: CWR

Johnny23

Reaction score
Normal people would probably consider this good point but NFL players are not normal people when you're talking about 5 million dollars extra that's a lot of buying power and I see that as a problem in the NFL today nobody has any loyalty as to where they play like in the old days it's all about the paycheck and it slowly ruining the game of football imho
Players in the "old days " didn't have free agency to play their craft were they wanted to go. This loyalty narrative is laughable. Most players wish they had the movement and salaries players have today.

starfan1

Reaction score
Please confirm the above?
Are you Dak's agent?
Well let’s see we already have Dak saying he didn’t feel he should be paid like Wilson as he don’t have SB
You also Jerry and Steven saying he was given top 5 offer so most reasonable people ( which you’re not when it comes to Dak) can put the pieces together

we also have reports that it’s the years that is the hold up. Do your own research with the top 5 salaries

if I was his agent do you think I’d waste time on a fan board

the whole 40 mil report from slater is a farce and has been debunked

enjoy your day sir

Section446

Reaction score
Goff is a bum, he has no business on that list. Dak doesn't belong there either...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well let’s see we already have Dak saying he didn’t feel he should be paid like Wilson as he don’t have SB
You also Jerry and Steven saying he was given top 5 offer so most reasonable people ( which you’re not when it comes to Dak) can put the pieces together

we also have reports that it’s the years that is the hold up. Do your own research with the top 5 salaries

if I was his agent do you think I’d waste time on a fan board

the whole 40 mil report from slater is a farce and has been debunked

enjoy your day sir

Gossip on your end Sir.
To date no contract from Jerry leaves one to wonder if this is Dak's last and only hurrah will be a 1 year tag.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Gossip on your end Sir.
To date no contract from Jerry leaves one to wonder if this is Dak's last and only hurrah will be a 1 year tag.
appears to be gossip on alot of peoples end then look them up. Highlighted quote from you is not only more of gossip material but wishful thinking on your end. Good day sir

aikemirv

Reaction score
All I can say is that if they give Dak close to 40 million then MM job just got extremely hard. He is going to have to get an additional 30-40% of performance out of 80% of the cap.

Garrett had 99% of the cap (not counting his QB) to use on the rest of his team and they could not get anywhere but now we are asking MM to get A LOT more out of less talent.

Now it can be done, and if MM does it he should get a ton of credit but you are stacking the deck against him!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How much do each of them earn with endorsements? Dak gets around $7M/year from endorsements according to rumor. And those endorsements are only because he is the Cowboys' QB. If Dak goes elsewhere, those endorsements do not follow.

If Dak signed for $28M/year it would really be around $35M/year with the built-in endorsements that come along with being QB of the Cowboys.
Also, taxes are lower in Dallas and the power of a dollar is higher in Dallas than LA, Seattle, and Philly. In Pgh the taxes are some of the highest in the country and the city plain blows chunks. Living in GB would absolutely suck. One has to factor in what your money can buy when choosing a city.

It is all about take-home pay and quality of life in the city where you work and your work atmosphere. Dallas is pretty much near the top in all the things that matter most.
The endorsements will stay with Dak. He is already famous. If he did not believe it himself, he would have signed the contract Jerry Jones offered. This a different media marketing business than it was 20 years ago.

The Cowboys have not won a Super Bowl in 25 years. But, with good marketing is still the no.1 sport team in the world. With the same marketing of Dak Prescott's character, story, and brand, he can keep his endorsement status. All American, Loved his Mother through cancer and death, grew up from small town to big town, country boy, NFL QB, college graduate with masters degree, beat LSU, the recruitment story of not going to LSU, he is fisherman, leader, bow tie wearer, has actor skills from commercials, never had a losing season from Jr. high to present, blah, blah, blah, and blah.

The Cowboys are just a jump start and higher branding platform for what Dak Prescott actually is as a marketable brand.

If the Cowboys let Prescott go on the market as a free agent he will be a Patriot (he could keep the big star on his elbow), Charger, Saint, Buccaneer, Bronco, Dolphin, Raider, Jaguar, or a Bear signing the contract $ amount that will give him more fame.

Jones and Garrett wasted so much football talent from 2006 to present that it would be funny to see them let go a playoff winning marketable QB who never had a losing season go to free agency. It would be the typical Jerry "The Dumbo GM" Jones personnel move we have seen since Jimmy Johnson was fired.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You just don’t get it. The Jones have been notorious for overvaluing their own players so let’s just call the bluff.

Common sense:

you have had Dak for 4 years at probably 1% of the cap and have not won a thing, however, you want to pay Dak 20% of the cap and expect to have better results in the future?

that’s just STUPID!!!!

I have NOT argued Prescott's worth with you ONLY your MORONIC idea that using the transitional tag will lower the contract amount accepted by Prescott. I know simple things are hard for you to understand but that is what this whole thing has been about.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I have NOT argued Prescott's worth with you ONLY your MORONIC idea that using the transitional tag will lower the contract amount accepted by Prescott. I know simple things are hard for you to understand but that is what this whole thing has been about.
So you don't think the Jones are overvaluing Dak?

Let me try to explain this to you again...

Dak is trying to sell Jerry his Emmitt Smith rookie card for $400. Jerry has first chance. Jerry tells him I will give you $350 and Dak says no. Jerry says, "I tell you what, I give away my first rights - take it to the market and see what you get and I will match that"

This is what will happen in the market:
1) You get some fool that says - I love Emmitt and their are no better options out there- this card is top quality - I am not waiting for another card to come available - he offers Dak his asking price of $400 - Jerry matches - Dak gets a few more million
2) The going rate for a card of that quality is $300 and that is the offer he gets - nobody wants to come off $400 for that card - there are just better risk/rewards out there and it does not kill their budget for the other cards they want to buy.
3) He gets offered about what the Jones offered and it's a wash

Now the last question I am going to ask you is how many owners out there have 65 million to pony up for the signing bonus like Russell Wilson got in his 35 mill per year contract? There is no way you can justify the idea that some other team in the NFL is going to give Dak the richest QB contract ever - which is pretty much what he is asking for!

And I am the moron for assuming that - OK!

visionary

Reaction score

greed doesn’t look at it like that

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If he has a good agent who is interested in what is best for Dak in the long term, then it will be a huge factor in the negotiations. Jerry and Stephen are telling Dak the same stuff.
If Dak doesnt realize the Jones' will take care of him far better then his agent will then he's just another stupid player.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hes already been offered between 32 and 35 its the years that were a concern and I think thats what will end up happening even though his agent likes to play hardball in the end i think civility will take hold
Hes been offered 33mil AAV Dallas wanted a 6 yr deal Daks agent a 4

198mil over 6 yrs