Twitter: Top 5 QB's in Cowboys history according to Brandt, Sham, Laufenberg, etc

ESisback

Reaction score
Dak beat Seattle with Russel Wilson. Romo fumbled and cost the game like the doinkster he is. You Romoholics will make every excuse in the book for why your boi was a fraud.

I support every Cowboy QB, but in my opinion Romo was better.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Did I wake up in the freaking twilight zone instead of CowboyZone? Dak Prescott is on that list? I have never seen so much love for a player that is average at best yet they put him up there with the greats? omg smdh!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Do you even know what whites playoff win % is?

here’s how it stacks up if we apply his winning percentage in the postseason to romos playoff totals.

White would’ve won 3 games instead of 2 at his win %.
Still better than Romo and his 2 playoff wins and 0 NFC championship games.

Facts are White did better in the playoffs than Romo. Run around and spin it how you want but it doesn't change facts. Romo has complete trash as fast as playoffs go, trying to say different is foolish. Goodbye.

ESisback

Reaction score
My 5 favorite Cowboy QBs....

1)Roger
2)Troy
3)Tony
4)Dandy
5)Dak

To me, everything else is irrelevant!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Still better than Romo and his 2 playoff wins and 0 NFC championship games.

Facts are White did better in the playoffs than Romo. Run around and spin it how you want but it doesn't change facts. Romo has complete trash as fast as playoffs go, trying to say different is foolish. Goodbye.
Is this English? You really did skip your pills didn’t you?
“Facts” are, White was a vastly inferior player to Romo in preseason, regular season and playoffs. Goodbye, Boomer.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I can't link the article b/c it's from the ant-CZ newspaper in Dallas, but the paper assembled a panel of Gil Brandt, Babe Laufenberg, Brad Sham and Kevin Sherrington to assemble a list of the top 5 QBs in Cowboys history. Here was their list:

I couldn't agree more. Staubach remains underrated in all time QB lists. White broke several of Staubach's records and continues to be disrespected by idiot Cowboy fans who refer to Romo as Danny White Jr. And speaking of Romo, he was a great stat Qb but rightfully so has no business listed in the top five. Dak > Romo and Dak is made of steel, not glass.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I disagree with some of the things you said. I 100 percent believe that Staubach could have done better with the teams that Romo had as he was known to comeback.

Playoff game against Seattle that Romo fumbled game winning field goal........ Staubach wins

Playoff game against the giants where Romo threw a pick....... Staubach wins

Playoff game against the packers with the Dez catch/no catch....... Staubach wins

I think Aikman would have won those games too.

Just for comparison I believe Staubach and Aikman win the playoff game against the packers that Dak lost as well including the Rams game.

This is the most confused take i have ever seen and that's no disrepect to Roger or Troy who are and should be higher on any list than Tony

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
All I see is excuses.

I agree Romo shouldn't have been on special teams but he was and fumbled the ball on which would have been a game winning field goal. Nobody else fumbled it, it wasn't a terrible snap, nobody bumped him or touch the ball. He fumbled, game over.

He didn't throw the game winner cause he lost against the giants. You can't speculate that it would have been completed or anything else. Game is more than just 1 or two throws.

Against the packers was a terrible decision to throw a jump ball to Dez on 4th and short with a deep pass down the sideline. Was better either to run it or take the check down with Witten or go to Beasley to pick up the first plus run clock and get a new set of downs. Not a bad decision if 1st, 2nd or 3rd down but terrible on 4th down when you had guys open.

Roger would have scored the TD against Seattle and not needed a FG on the 5 yard line to win it.

I scored it 3-0 me
If the game is more than 1 or 2 throws than the game is also more than a fumble on a FG hold.
Terry Glen fumbled the ball on our own 8 yard line 2 minutes earlier to give Seattle the lead in a game we controlled, Demarco Murray fumbled what should been a long TD run when we were in complete control of the game! your take is nuts you can't have it both ways. As for the Packer game you don't think after Watching Troy and Irvin for a decade you don't think that Troy doesn't go to Irvin with the game on the line in a one on one matchup? Like Romo did to Dez. C'mon of course he would you saw him do it many times, as for the Giants game it might not have been Tony's best game but you know what? lots of QB's lose playoff games. Is it Rogers fault we lost the SB to the Steelers? i mean we were down 35 17 with4-5 minutes left in the game or maybe more was on Jackie Smith who dropped a perfectly thrown ball that hit him right in the hands in the endzone?

black label

Reaction score
Did I wake up in the freaking twilight zone instead of CowboyZone? Dak Prescott is on that list? I have never seen so much love for a player that is average at best yet they put him up there with the greats? omg smdh!
ground ball screen passes lmao