Twitter: Top 5 QB's in Cowboys history according to Brandt, Sham, Laufenberg, etc

Flamma

Reaction score
Apparently Dak's Kryptonite as well. Also Romo has been the closest we have gotten to an NFC Championship since Aikman, if it wasn't to that whole Dez Catch/No Catch controversy.

Like with so many other notable games in Cowboys history, the catch, the fumble, the whatever. People tend to forget there was still time after these events. They were game changers, not game enders. There was still close to 5 minutes left after that Dez catch/non catch.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wonder if fans on a Dolphin message board argue over who's the best
Dolphins QB of all time between Marino and Griese.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like with so many other notable games in Cowboys history, the catch, the fumble, the whatever. People tend to forget there was still time after these events. They were game changers, not game enders. There was still close to 5 minutes left after that Dez catch/non catch.
People continuously forget how much time was left in that Green Bay game. 5 minutes is an eternity.

Blake

Reaction score
Yes, Einstein, Dak and Romo have a cumulative 4 playoff victories in 15 years. Together they qualify for an NFL Participant ribbon.

This is the first time I've seen you so triggered that you drop your sad and pathetic gimmick.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’d swap White and Meredith, otherwise it’s a good ranking. Romo did absolutely nothing during his career with some talented teams around him....

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dak over Romo is to get people to read it

Romo 2014 was better than Dak is now. But Romo in his 4th season (2006) was not better than Dak in his 4th season (2019). I'm not sure that I would put Dak ahead of Romo right now. But he's certainly on a trajectory to be better than Romo. So far, Dak is being White also, but that is likely to change.

Other than that, I definitely agree with the list, except that I would list Craig Morton as #4, ahead of Danny White. Morton was the starting QB for two SB losing teams. Meredith is definitely #3, behind only Staubach and Aikman. I think that Dak has the potential to become as good as Aikman if he can refine his mechanics to become a more consistent thrower, but I don't see him ever surpassing Staubach.

My Current List:
1. Staubach - 4 Superbowls
2. Aikman - 3 Superbowls
3. Meredith - very underappreciated by many Cowboys fans - 2 NFL Championship games
4. Morton - forgotten by most Cowboys fans, but was the starting QB in two Superbowls 1970 season and 1977 season.
5. Romo - most prolific passer in Cowboys history
6. White - prolific passer, but Landry was always trying to find his replacement. The Alex Smith of the Landry years
7. Prescott - Rising, and could soon pass White and Romo. If Dak wins a Superbowl this coming season, he will jump to #4.

Trivia Questions:
- How many 1st overall draft picks have played QB for the Cowboys?
- Name the 1st round draft pick QB's who have been starters for the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I can't link the article b/c it's from the ant-CZ newspaper in Dallas, but the paper assembled a panel of Gil Brandt, Babe Laufenberg, Brad Sham and Kevin Sherrington to assemble a list of the top 5 QBs in Cowboys history. Here was their list:

Whoa. Romo slander? Using Prescott?

This should go over well.

Blake

Reaction score
I’d swap White and Meredith, otherwise it’s a good ranking. Romo did absolutely nothing during his career with some talented teams around him....

Indeed. Don't let the Romoholics push the false narrative that Romo never had talent around him. Complete malarkey from lifelong participation trophy getters that can't accept #9 for who he was.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't link the article b/c it's from the ant-CZ newspaper in Dallas, but the paper assembled a panel of Gil Brandt, Babe Laufenberg, Brad Sham and Kevin Sherrington to assemble a list of the top 5 QBs in Cowboys history. Here was their list:

LMAO

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Trivia Questions:
- How many 1st overall draft picks have played QB for the Cowboys?
- Name the 1st round draft pick QB's who have been starters for the Dallas Cowboys.

Off the top of my head,

1. Troy Aikman, Vinny Testeverde, Bernie Kosar (supplemental draft) (only Aikman was drafted No. 1 overall by the Cowboys. The other two (Tampa Bay and Cleveland) came via free agency.)
2. Aikman, Testeverde, Bernie Kosar, Craig Morton, Ryan Leaf

I looked on Google after and saw I left some out. But I won't cheat. ;)

Good trivia questions. Thanks. :)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I would have put Romo at 5 over Dak knowing that Dak still has room to move up this list.