Top needs - what's your take?

gmoney112

Reaction score
And with having to sign Lawrence and BJ, and Zeke and maybe Dak around the corner where I’m the world is that money coming from?

55 mill in cap next year, could pretty easily free up another 10-20mill.

We're 120mill under for 2020. We have the money. Only DLaw has to be extended next year. Amari is already accounted for in 2019.

cowboyec

Reaction score
DT...Jerry Tillery,Notre Dame...Isaiah Buggs,bama...Demarcus Christmas,Fsu
S...Jonathan Abram,Miss St...Jordan Fuller,Ohio St
TE...Irv Smith,bama...Kaden Smith,Stanford...TJ Hockensen,Iowa

like to secure a 6'5 or 6'6 DL to replace Irving...Tillery or Buggs.

dallas72

Reaction score
With the Cowboys not having a first-round pick, and them having money to spend I think they will address many of the issues stated above especially if they clear up money as expected in FA.

1st guys to be cut:
Terrence Williams, , Allan Hurns, Joe Thomas, Parker Ehinger.
Guys who might get cut
Sean Lee: with the emergence of LVE, Jaylon Smith, and Lee's inability to stay healthy I can see them doing what they did with Ware and cut him and go younger. $9.979 million in savings.
Tyrone Crawford: Not really a scheme fit, bloated contract and isn't living up to the price tag. $12.9 million in savings

Total of $22.879 in savings which with some cap rollover should put us in $70 million to spend.
Plus there will be some other cuts as they churn the roster a bit to clear up some more cap space.

With 2 players I think they are going to re-sign.
D-Law is a no-brainer and this will get done soon IMO.
Tavon Austin I think they like his versatility and speed element and might be the replacement to Beasley.

Maybe Re-Sign.
Cole Beasley: I could see them re-signing him, but IDK how cheap it will be and they could focus elsewhere considering these slot WR's seem to be found all over the draft.
David Irving has really killed his FA Value and could be a guy they re-sign if they feel it's worth the headache.

FA to keep your eye on
S: Earl Thomas, Ha Ha Clinton Dix, Tyran Mathieu, Tre Boston are all FS type that can come up and play in the nickel which the Cowboys covet, but also have the range to play single high.

Landon Collins: If they feel Woods is their FS and need a S with some range and can play the box.

They will go and find some other guys to add to the roster, but I think they will be a player for a decent sized contract or two before the draft.

If they get a S they will need to draft a DT (which is stacked and run deep into day), a playmaking TE (I think might be #1 on their list), and add depth throughout the roster.

Many have mentioned o-line as a high priority, but unless an injury or something changes over the next few weeks I don't see it. Xavier Su'a-Filo, and Looney are signed through next year, and they will probably address the swing tackle in FA.

Let me know what you think.
Not sure I'd cut Hurns.....he can be a nasty slot....if Beaz leaves.....Hurns best position is slot

dallas72

Reaction score

We're 120mill under for 2020. We have the money. Only DLaw has to be extended next year. Amari is already accounted for in 2019.
Dak,DLaw,irving,Woods,Cooper,Beasley,Swain,Wilson(depth)..all need to be signed

cnuball21

Reaction score

But you don’t think they think about FAs after the 2019 season now while dishing out current deals?

I’d be shocked if we’re able to sign and extend everyone. Someone is going to get left out, just don’t know who.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Dak,DLaw,irving,Woods,Cooper,Beasley,Swain,Wilson(depth)..all need to be signed
Swaim will be relatively cheap after the injusry.
Beezy is not getting the money he wants here unless he re-emerges
Cooper will get signed
DLaw will get signed
Dak will get signed
Irving I am unsure on.
Woods it depends on how much # he wants.
Wilson sure as a depth guy.