Top of the wish list (2nd round pick)

Verdict

Reaction score
We don't have a first round pick currently, so the second round pick will be a critical pick to use. Obviously, you go BPA over need.

But let's suppose every available position was graded the same. What position would you use that 2nd round pick on?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We don't have a first round pick currently, so the second round pick will be a critical pick to use. Obviously, you go BPA over need.

But let's suppose every available position was graded the same. What position would you use that 2nd round pick on?
Good question , I think it boils down to two positions TE or Safety. I think those are our teams two biggest holes and I think a blue chip addition to either of those could make a huge difference. for Dak’s sake I think they’d go TE.

The good news for Dallas is there’s a lot of talent at safety in Free agency next year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Either Iowa Tight End....

a3ac5f19-ed55-483d-bba7-216b482f63d9-Iowa_vs._Wisconsin_football_446.JPG

Mr_437

Reaction score
1. QB
2. TE
3. Slot WR

Any could be an option. Safety will be handled in FA, also I think 1Tech will too. Setting up an offensive draft.

I'd like a QB first and foremost, but Jerry nem probably disagrees, so it's a coin flip between TE and Slot.

al124

Reaction score
A pure passer QB would be on the top of my wish list but I doubt they go that route.

I'll go with a difference making S.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Jerry Tillery,DT-Notre Dame.
DreMont Jones,DT-Ohio St.
Joe Jackson,DE-Miami
Isaiah Buggs,DL-Alabama
Irv Smith,TE-Alabama

thats my top 5 wish-list.

dallas72

Reaction score
Good question , I think it boils down to two positions TE or Safety. I think those are our teams two biggest holes and I think a blue chip addition to either of those could make a huge difference. for Dak’s sake I think they’d go TE.

The good news for Dallas is there’s a lot of talent at safety in Free agency next year.
Earl, Mathieu, Harrison...all FAs

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What about Tampa Cameron Brate..good blocker & receiver..
He just signed a 6-year extension with Tampa Bay so you'd have to trade for him.

Free Agent Tight Ends I like are Tyler Eifert, Jared Cook, Maxx Williams, and Jesse James.

Eifert had a Pro Bowl year in 2015 with 52 catches and 13 TDs but has missed most of the last 2 seasons with injuries.

Cook is older (31) but has been pretty effective the past few years.

I liked Maxx Williams coming out of Minnesota. He was a 2nd round pick by the Ravens. He's only 24 but has only caught 61 balls in his career, more than half of those in his rookie season.

Jesse James is a guy I really liked coming out of Penn State. Only 24 with really good size (6'7", 260 lbs.), he's caught 112 balls as a back-up tight end for the Steelers the last 4 years. He'd be one of my top targets in free agency.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

TE if we sign ET