Top Off This Off-Season Sundae?

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I think we can all agree this has been an incredible offseason so far across the board from coaching staff , draft , to free agency. If you could get 1 more realistic thing done to be the cherry on the top of this offseason Sundae what would it be ? - ( please don't say acquire Aaron Donald) Has to be somewhat possible !

Clowney or Everson Griffin i would love to sign if possible This would be my choice

What say You ?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory and Aldon Smith get reinstated.

Yes, this combination will be much better than a high priced often injured Clowney with a head problem.
Yes a head problem as he wanted out of Houston and refused to sign his offer. If that is a Dallas player, such as Zeke last year and Dak so far this year. Fans revolt on them, called them a problem child. So I say Clowney is also.

Griffin would be fine but he too may want more than he is worth as him by himself, I think we are better off with Gregory and Smith in a rotation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think we can all agree this has been an incredible offseason so far across the board from coaching staff , draft , to free agency. If you could get 1 more realistic thing done to be the cherry on the top of this offseason Sundae what would it be ? - ( please don't say acquire Aaron Donald) Has to be somewhat possible !

Clowney or Everson Griffin i would love to sign if possible This would be my choice

What say You ?
I think we would have to do some cap maneuvering. Although I think thats very doable. I believe we were at 10ish before Worley and Dalton. We can still create space easily though.

Id be very interested in Clowney. He is a perfect fit for what we want to do, and his advanced pass rushing stats show he was far more effective than his totals show.

The big question with him is where is he money wise, and what does he come down to. Id be fine giving him a 1 year 15 million deal

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This has to be answer #1

@Jinxx13x can I cheat and give my #2 of signing Tony Jefferson or trading Trysten Hill to the Raiders for Brandon Parker or Foster Moreau.
Marinelli would quit on the spot if Hill signed with du Raiders.

That would be a hilarious headline. “Hill signs with the Raiders, 5 minutes later his D line coach quits”.

John813

Reaction score
Trade 2021 first for the #1 safety in the league.

Jeff Heath.

Just getting this Dak crap out of the way. Get him signed so people will shutup on here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some fans are getting a little too carried away with the offseason we’ve had. I wish our seasons could be as good as some of the offseason’s we’ve had. We’ve had a number of offseason’s where everything looks real good on paper and it hasn’t translated to the season. I’m still pretty concerned about the defense. Adding a couple of bridge players who are on the downside of their careers doesn’t have me very excited. We’ll just have to see how these defensive draft picks turn out. There’s concerns on every layer of the defense.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Some fans are getting a little too carried away with the offseason we’ve had. I wish our seasons could be as good as some of the offseason’s we’ve had. We’ve had a number of offseason’s where everything looks real good on paper and it hasn’t translated to the season. I’m still pretty concerned about the defense. Adding a couple of bridge players who are on the downside of their careers doesn’t have me very excited. We’ll just have to see how these defensive draft picks turn out. There’s concerns on every layer of the defense.

Fair point about the defense. And I'm also not as excited as some about Gregory IF he returns, not knowing what kind of impact he (and Smith) will make. Still, it's been a sight better than waiting to rummage around the bottom of the bargain bin like we normally do. I'm still hoping we add a piece or two.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fair point about the defense. And I'm also not as excited as some about Gregory IF he returns, not knowing what kind of impact he (and Smith) will make. Still, it's been a sight better than waiting to rummage around the bottom of the bargain bin like we normally do. I'm still hoping we add a piece or two.

I gave up on Gregory after his second suspension. Some are getting all worked up over him and Aldon Smith and neither have been reinstated. One fan has already proclaimed the Cowboys as having the top defense in the league with both those players. :rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm not sure much changed at all for our free agent strategy.
We resigned our own to large contract
We stayed out of the first days of free agency
Signed stop-gap players from the "bargain bin" then drafted hopeful long term solutions under them

Business as usual

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect Dak to get his deal and for Smith and Gregory to get reinstated. So neither of those would be my choice. Also negates the possibility of Griffen or Clowney getting signed. So I'll go with the Cowboys making a move at Safety but not J. Adams.