Top Players on the Cowboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. So your starting QB isn’t on your top 10 on the team. These other players are the reason they went to the playoffs and won the division 2 of the last 3 years.
Warning. The OP has a history of only creating controversial threads but often presenting it as if it is a legit topic.

This one was obviously created with the intent to omit Dak from the list.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Top 10 in no particular order: Martin, Tyron, Frederick(if fully recovered), LVE, Jaylon, D Law, Byron, Zeke, Amari, and Gregory (if reinstated). I think Awuzie will make a case for the top 10 next season.

Quinn and Dak should make the list before Gregory.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
You have Gregory as a top 10 player and not the starting QB that has won the division 2 of his 3 years and has never missed a game, while Gregory has missed more games than he’s played and has done very little when he has played? Yeah, no agenda there. LOL
He’s also got Byron Jones better than zeke lol

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer wasn't a top 10 player on the 2000 Ravens. The 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl.

And your point would be? The Ravens had one of the best defenses to ever play the game and a great run game. And Dilfer just wasn’t a good QB. Dak is. The point is putting Randy Gregory as a top 10 player on the current team and leaving Dak out is moronic at best. I could name an additional 15-20 players I’d put over puff-puff Randy. Call me crazy, but I think you actually have to play in order to be thought of as one of the best players.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer wasn't a top 10 player on the 2000 Ravens. The 2000 Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Neither were any of their defensive ends that only played a handful of games their first several years in the league, and rarely contributed when they did play.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Warning. The OP has a history of only creating controversial threads but often presenting it as if it is a legit topic.

This one was obviously created with the intent to omit Dak from the list.

He must be related to Risen and Pappy. Those three should start a club. The Dak Haters Club. Sort of like the Three Stooger’s Woman Haters Club. I see similarities.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah I think Quinn and Cobb will surprise a lot of people.

as talented and versatile as Cobb is, but I just dunno how durable and dependable he will be.
Once the grind of the NFL season sinks in, will he miss games or be limited physically as he end up doing so in his last few years in Green Bay ?

quickccc

Reaction score
Good post. Mine in no order...

Martin, Zeke, Cooper, DLaw, JSmith, LVE, Gregory, Byron, Quinn, Dak

Surprised more don’t say Quinn. A. couple years ago he was a beast. He will be much better as a 4-3 lineman. Gregory is questionable but we have to admit when he is on the field he is awesome. 2H of last year he was the best DL man on the team. Absolute game wrecker. Beard should be on the list but need to see him come back. TSmith was pure garbage last season. That guy gets too much of a pass. Awuzie? That guy is very overrated in some quarters. I wish Lewis would get his snaps.

The best player on the team in my opinion is....

Jaylon Smith. A couple years removed from being questionable that guy explodes on the tape. That play on Watson down on the goal line was a rare play. Best play of the season.

it's a reason why Quinns' trade price was so surprisingly cheap for a guy that was an explosive pro bowl level, 10+ digit sacker back in his early Rams days before the back issues arose.
though this is his last year on his contract, this is pretty much a 1 year prove it deal to give biggest indication if he is anywhere close to making it back to his pre-back injury form.
and it's a great gamble as remember when Dlaw had his own major back injuries before he finally broke out with two 10+ sack seasons the last 2 years.
But I would have to see Quinn re-emerge this year first......

quickccc

Reaction score
Top 10 in no particular order: Martin, Tyron, Frederick(if fully recovered), LVE, Jaylon, D Law, Byron, Zeke, Amari, and Gregory (if reinstated). I think Awuzie will make a case for the top 10 next season.

Imo, in particular order: (most valuable)
1) PRESCOTT- a very solid QB who seems to turn it up in deciding moments of the game,. but should he go down to injury (mike white ? yikes!)
2) ZEKE - no secret team rides the back, success, and threat of Elliott. 1st prioriety of opposing teams.
3) DLAW- cannot compete vs better QBs with a pass rush, and dlaw most consistent, closest we have as war daddy
4) COOPER- he flat resurrected our pass game, instantly gave it explosion, confidence
5) MARTIN - probably the 2nd best OG in NFL, dominant vs run or pass in trenches
6) LVE - wolf hunter became sean lee 2.0 in rookie year. probably our best turnover maker.
7) SMITH- seems more solid/serviceable than dominant nowadays, but we don't want fleming starting excessive games
8) JAYLON - finally heathy, became great hit and run missile. will we see more turnovers, sacks in '19?
9) JONES - dunno if Byron is 1 year wonder, and he'll never be INT ballhawk, but to change from average FS to pro bowl CB
10) FREDRICK- dunno yet if he will be 100% recovered in one year returning, and Looney did very well in his place, but if 100% he is best center in NFL.

quickccc

Reaction score

frankly i'm not yet sold on our CBs.
- i'll wait to see if the hip was a factor in Byron jones decline in 2nd half of season where he got toasted by likes of philly, NYG and seattle. and he's just not a INT ballhawk, ...only 2 career INTs ?
but i'll take an average FS converted into a pro bowl CB. Now we get to see if he is more than a 1 year wonder.

-Awuzie ? he is still a work in progress and we'll know what he is by season's end. He needs to be a cornerstone starter, imo. At this point, he's been just decent-serviceable, and those are not the kind that you do not commit and re-sign to long term big contracts. I'm concerned that he is not a ball hawk either. and he has a habit of not getting his head turned around to play ball in air on press/turn coverage. Need to see much stronger consistency from him - for instance, he got toasted in Detroit, ATL and in both Seattle games

- several like Jordan lewis' feisty demeanor and he easily has the best ball skills and hands of our CBs, but he had some lapses in coverages (see Detroit game) that didn't help his playing time cause in competing for the slot-nickel job. he has to have more of a complete game rather than give up some, take some 50/50 game. and I think he suits and works best as a slot vs the outside CB.