Top WR duos in the NFL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have drafted top 50 WR how many times in the past ten years? How many DT?

Doing the same old thing and expecting a different outcome is foolishness. A new WR has yet to fix the offense and we have ben trying it for years with Anthony Miller, Galloway, and Williams. Talk of a round 1 RB makes me want to throw up.

I just look at how the corpse of Jonathon Hankins galvanized the defense and can see what a DT talent can do with what we have.
Can’t win consistently without either.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Can’t win consistently without either.
The problem with the offense was Dak throwing into coverage and otherwise making bad decisions. I think that has to do with how the reads are made given how Dak described it.

They have already made changes to correct that. And again we have been acting like a top WR is going to solve things for decades and it has never worked.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The problem with the offense was Dak throwing into coverage and otherwise making bad decisions. I think that has to do with how the reads are made given how Dak described it.

They have already made changes to correct that. And again we have been acting like a top WR is going to solve things for decades and it has never worked.
You need at least 2 top WR’s. Cowboys have only 1 currently unless you think Gallup can return to form. When we’ve had 2 good ones the defense was bad.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You need at least 2 top WR’s. Cowboys have only 1 currently unless you think Gallup can return to form. When we’ve had 2 good ones the defense was bad.
Why other than because you say so? We have seen how proficient DT play galvanizes the defense and another WR isn't going to fix Dak's reads.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Putting this in perspective….only 40% of this list made the playoffs and only 1 combo even made the conference championship. WRs are important. But they aren’t THE key to winning a championship.
Huh? The top 8 made the playoffs. Two of the top 4 went to the Championship game and one went to the Super Bowl. Receivers are very important.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Trading Cooper was a colossal mistake. His cap hit was over blown.
Agreed as currently, Amari Cooper is the 13th highest-paid WR based on AAV. Interesting those that defend Dak's AAV by saying with new deals taking place at the QB position are the same ones that blasted Cooper's deal and justified trading him.
Dallas could have kept Cooper and chosen not to re-sign Gallup while re-signing Wilson (Gallup's AAV is $11.5M whereas Wilson's is $7.35M) and would have opened the 2022 season with a starting WR group of Cooper, Lamb, and Wilson....obviously a better group than what they started the season with.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Some really strange comments in this thread. A great duo doesn’t mean both guys are great. They compliment each other and form a very productive duo.

#2’s - Every #2 on that list is heads and shoulders above anyone on our roster after Lamb.

Waddle, Higgins, and Smith would be #1’s on many teams.
Davis is a consistent deep threat and explosive plays all year.
Godwin, Thielen, Lockett have been # 1’s and are now very effective # 2’s who still get open regularly, but just are not targeted as much due to really good #1’s.

Williams is a big body receiver who is more of a possession receiver than deep threat, but he catches more deep sideline contested throws that Gallup ever did, which is why he has a 20 million/year contract.

Renfro is an amazing, bigger version of our own Beasley when in his prime. Renfro moves the chains on 3rd down as a great route runner who doesn’t drop passes.

Marquis Brown is, in my opinion, the only guy on the list who made it by riding the coattails of Hopkins, but he has great speed and hasn’t reached his potential yet.

For those of you who hate Dak Prescott, get real. You can be honest and recognize that Lamb may be the only guy we have who deserved to be a starting WR last year and still hold Dak responsible for his interceptions and poor play at times. Lousy receivers who can’t get open and drop passes doesn’t excuse the QB. Dak had a bad year, and when you have bad receivers, it’s even more important that the QB protect the ball and throw it away more. Especially now that we have a better defense.

Lamb has proven he is a #1.
Gallup was never anything more than a big play #3 who was never a good possession receiver, which is what we haven’t had since Beasley left.
Brown and others are just JAGs, special teamers and roll players who should never start or sign a second contract as progress stoppers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
CB84-B0-B9-47-F7-4-C39-8018-A29-C985341-BD.jpg
somehow its all Dak's fault. I know it. I will let the Bash Dak crowd explain it for you

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If you're talking 2022, Christian Kirk and Zay Jones from the Jags were snubbed on this list. They had over 80 receptions each (even with Engram the TE getting 70+). That's the very definition of a duo and not a guy carrying the other. I'd put them 7-ish here. I wanted us to pick up Kirk.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Allen had 66 receptions on 85 targets (78% completion rate which is VERY elite) for 776 yards. If that is done then get me some more done receivers.
We need speed. Those are jag numbers. He’s old and oft injured.

Adreme

Reaction score
We need speed. Those are jag numbers. He’s old and oft injured.
I want you to find me a single WR who has at least 50 catches with a greater than 10 YPC average that is catching more than 75% of passes thrown his way. I would settle for 70% because I am pretty sure you only going to get the best in the NFL with that metric. So by your metric every WR is worse than a JAG.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. That's just facts
can we stop cooper references, hes a brown. GET over if.

Lastly coops 22mil did not help us while he was here , show me his 200 yard 3 tds performance that elevate dup in playoff game? or anytime in his career anywhere truly made such an impact the team was better for having him? Yes hes a very good player, and?? hes simply a very good one, hes not elite and, his 22mil was far too much to pay for him being the OTHER wr opposite of our true 1 in Lamb??

Show me of all those duos how many teams have kept and paid BOTH market deals. those who want Hop you are kidding yourself Lamb about to get paid and you cannot have 2 market WQRs at 20-25mil per on your team in a capped league, add in Gallup at 11mil..we could use some help but this is being overrated that we need that type of player to go with lamb. A nice Vet fa at 10-11 mil maybe but hop or other like get real!

glad i can help provide perspective, we were 12-5 with coop 12-5 without him and went to the 2nd round with and without him.. he made far too much money for what he would have done here.. MONEY was too large

sorry it was, we needed every penny we saved getting rid of him as right now we are what 7 mil OVER the cap??

NEXT debate i can squash..

hopefully Gallup is closer to his old self next year and we draft another or Tolbert and a FA like TY or less expensive vet FA can come in and contribute. i mean we have Lamb , a lot of teams like say KC have one great target and then go Target by committee, they did it at RB as well and it can work.