Trade both our 5 picks to move back into the 4th

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Nah. I don't care if he's the #1 center and what was said about him in 2018 is largely irrelevant. He's not a much better prospect than Harris.

Brugler had him #170, and his #6 center. It's not like Biadasz was universally a top pick.

I should clarify, I said that wrong. I meant the trade if it were the 5ths this year, as OP proposed initially. The actual trade was fine.

Future...what I advocated was trading our 2020 5th round AND our 5th round comp pick to move back to the MIDDLE of the 5th. That's trading a mid round 5th and a very, very late 5th to move back to the MIDDLE of the 4th.

What we actually did was trade out 2020 mid round 5th AND our 2021 potentially mid to late 5th round to trade for THE LAST PICK IN THE 4TH ROUND.

So you think it's a better trade to trade our 2020 & 2021 5th round picks for the LAST pick in the 4th round, RATHER than trading our 2020 5th and a 2020 5th comp pick for a MID ROUND 4th pick????

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
sorry but it is completely relevant that if he would be a round 1/2 prospect before the injury.
taking an injured player is something the cowboys does quite a bit.
whether it is lee or jaylon.
it is a way to get superior players with lower cost in draft capital.
it is particularly relevant if the hip injury takes a year to recover from.
given this is a 5th round, and not like a 2nd round, the risk is very low as the chance of a 5th round succeeding is low.
kudos to the op here
No it's not. There's dozens of players every year who have their stock fall b/c the warts in their game become more pronounced. Epenesa is a good example. His injured shoulder had nothing to do with the fact that he's not athletic enough to be consistently good at the second level.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Future...what I advocated was trading our 2020 5th round AND our 5th round comp pick to move back to the MIDDLE of the 5th. That's trading a mid round 5th and a very, very late 5th to move back to the MIDDLE of the 4th.

What we actually did was trade out 2020 mid round 5th AND our 2021 potentially mid to late 5th round to trade for THE LAST PICK IN THE 4TH ROUND.

So you think it's a better trade to trade our 2020 & 2021 5th round picks for the LAST pick in the 4th round, RATHER than trading our 2020 5th and a 2020 5th comp pick for a MID ROUND 4th pick????
Slightly better, but equally pointless in terms of getting value.

I shouldn't say the trade is bad, just that it's pointless. Fundamentally, trading the two picks in the 5th to get back into the 4th doesn't get you better value than if you just stay put. This held true with the Biadasz trade.