Trade Dak For Russel Wilson *Merged*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ummm I love Dak, but Wilson is more than a mild upgrade. Wilson is a top 5 QB.

He’s had a really really bad o-line, no running game, and blah WRs the last couple years and he still has led the Seahawks to great finishes single handedly.

Wilson with this o-line, Zeke and Amari Cooper would be incredible.

No doubt there, but he's not worth 3 first rounders.

CWR

Reaction score
Dallas hasn’t had too much luck trading with Seattle. Seattle kept raising the asking price for Earl Thomas and Dallas got hosed with Christine Michael.

Wasn't it a conditional 6th or something?

Although I agree Dallas and Seattle have not been great trade partners.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Wasn't it a conditional 6th or something?

Although I agree Dallas and Seattle have not been great trade partners.

It wasn't exactly the Herschel Walker trade. I don't think Dallas gave up too much. What sticks in my mind is Christine Michael ended up back on Seattle just before Dallas lost to them that season. Seattle basically got a free draft pick and some inside knowledge on an opponent and gave up a marginal player for a few weeks in return. Who knows how much Christine Michael influenced that game--probably not at all--but it just isn't a good look.

Reactions: CWR

Kage

Reaction score
I don't think I'd give 3 #1s for anybody. Unless you could guarantee it would get us at least one superbowl win.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think we are good where we are at with Dak. Wilson is a playmaker but Seattle will resign him. They are crazy if they let him go.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke, Tyron, Lee, Witten, and Lawrence aren't long for this league or team.

And others will leave.

Now.
And in 2014 Romo, Witten and Lee weren't long for this league or team either. Nor, as it turns out, were Murray or Bryant. Yet the window is still open 5 years later.

The same process that builds the personnel to open the window can also keep the window open - and even open it wider. If we trade away all our top draft picks for a few years that can't happen.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We have Schrodingers front office.

So good they can build an entire team that is dripping with talent and would be Super Bowl favorites with a different QB.

Yet so bad they are idiots for sticking with the current QB and not finding a replacement.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So good they can build an entire team that is dripping with talent and would be Super Bowl favorites with a different QB.

Yet so bad they are idiots for sticking with the current QB and not finding a replacement.
People say this, and I admittedly am not completely sold on Dak myself, but least half the NFL teams have QBs that are no better or worse than Dak, and the ones that are clearly better are generally entrenched with the team they are on, so it's not as easy as just going out and finding a replacement. It's not something you can pick up at the local QB-Mart. That's the quandary with someone like Dak. He is not the elite QB a team would ideally like to have, but better QB's aren't just sitting at home waiting for a phone call, and as long as the team does well the 1st round picks won't be high enough to draft the top QBs.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rumors is Seattle is taking calls for Russell Wilson. Starting price 3 number 1's. Contract wise him and Dak will not be that far apart in salary? Would you like this team to pull the trigger on this deal?
ah hell no.

erod

Reaction score
And in 2014 Romo, Witten and Lee weren't long for this league or team either. Nor, as it turns out, were Murray or Bryant. Yet the window is still open 5 years later.

The same process that builds the personnel to open the window can also keep the window open - and even open it wider. If we trade away all our top draft picks for a few years that can't happen.

So we hold the franchise hostage until Dak learns how to throw a football?

I know they won't do it, but this is an opportunity. Wilson would thrive here with this personnel. He's not the best QB in the league, but he's VASTLY superior to Dak.

erod

Reaction score

They're not idiots. They're just stuck without options, like many teams are. Elite QBs are so hard to find.

However, this is one of those opportunities to remedy that. They don't come often. I'm not sure they could pull it off, but they should be finding out in the background.

Dak is cheap, he got the Cowboys through the Romo injury, and he stood by Jerry through the anthem controversy. Jerry is intensely loyal to his players, especially great guys like Dak that tote the company line.

Look, I know there's a 1% chance Dallas even considers it, but they absolutely should.

Dallas would be the immediate favorite to win the NFC if they did.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole "Dak can't throw a football" thing is nonsensical. If you want to say there are others who are better passers, or that the team would be better with someone else, fine, but some act as if the guy has no ability to function as a quality NFL QB, and he has proven that to be false.

My point is the team is about more than just the QB position. Certainly Seattle's Super Bowl team was - the Seattle defense and running game were the backbone's of that championship team, not Russell Wilson's arm. A team needs it's top draft picks, and while Wilson would be an upgrade, giving up that much draft clout would be harmful. Wilson is not a solo act that does not need the supporting cast.