Trade for Andy Dalton

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't disagree but...

Dalton knows this offense and knows the personnel. He literally can come into Dallas today and start @ Minnesota next Sunday if need be.
I'm well aware, but last year's Dalton performance wasn't a fluke... he's not good enough to do much for THIS team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know the difference in talent, however the results will be the same, and if you think Dallas is winning anything with Dalton you're the delusional one.
no it wouldn't,

Daks special but this TEAM, this SEASON, can play OL, run, many healthy weapons' and opportunistic defense and better coaching.

Its not the same as that train wreck from last year where dak struggled to win..you dig ?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm well aware, but last year's Dalton performance wasn't a fluke... he's not good enough to do much for THIS team.
that team no this team yes if you say you notice difference in talent you were watching that train wreck last season..dont be delusional and stubborn..that 2020 teams is not this teams..dak struggled to win games last year or is your memory skewed?

Daks important but so is 2021 team health, coaching, and attitude..a bus driver can win games with this team it wont be as explosive or as dynamic but dont get it twisted this is a TEAM rights at this most just havening bus driver you can win..

Daks made us blow teams out win by 20 but thats not the goal its win by 1.. not trying to replace Dak but as backup Dalton would do well with this current team..wont be pretty or as fun but that the type of team a player like dalton can drive the bus for.

JustChip

Reaction score
I know the word is there is little concern about Dak's calf strain according to the owners and Dak himself, but calf strains do take time to heal and can easily light up again if the player returns to early from recovering.

Since Dak's mobility is an important part of his game I feel like there is risk in bringing Dak back against the Vikings and usually it takes even a week or 2 after that for a player to be in the clear from reinjuring the calf.

Which is why I feel like we need to upgrade the QB2 position. It seems best to play it safe and keep Dak out at least 1 week after the bye, if not 2. And even if Dak is good to go against Minnesota, I think it's still a good idea to trade for a legit back up. Dak plays a physical game and there are still 11 games left in the regular season. Plus Dallas are serious contenders for the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. Having Cooper Rush potentially start any game puts this team at a disadvantage and could lead to losses in games he might start.

With the trade deadline coming up next week, Andy Dalton is a good trade candidate and the Bears should be looking to sell. They've clearly committed to Fields and have no 1st round pick next season or 4th rounder after trading with the Giants to take their QB.

I say, why not send a 4th rounder to Chicago to get Dalton and insurance at back up QB. Dalton is familiar with the playbook and played decent in Dallas last year considering the oline he had protecting him.

This team should be all in for a Superbowl run.

Bring Andy Dalton back to Dallas.
I’m jiggy with it the trade. Andy IS NOT at Dak’s level, but I think it’s safe to say he’s a better backup than what we have just based on experience alone. But Dak is the ticket for the Vikings if he is cleared medically.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Just ask yourself...

If Dak has another season ending injury, then we're screwed no matter what, and we all know it.

But if Dak were to miss a few games because of an injury, who would you rather have starting...Andy Dalton or Cooper Rush? If you're okay with Rush, then fine, keep everything as-is.

JustChip

Reaction score
It's Dak or Bust!
Rush/Grier will give you just as much as Dalton, and that's Ls... already seen it.
Try Foles over Dalton.
Also, Cam's accuracy isn't encouraging at all.
There was no backup quarterback last year that would’ve been enough perfume on that pig of a team to make a difference. This team this year is completely different especially with the OL and defense. Obviously, Dak is a huge difference and the reason they are as good as they are. But it is a top-tier playoff team and you need a viable, experienced QB to “stay the course” if the starter goes down and Dalton is that. Rush and Grier are not.

Xeven

Reaction score
Kellen and or Tony could fill in for a game or two. Garret might be available back up QB soon.

I bet Tony would suit up if asked.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The reality is they’re going with fields and are keeping foles to try to trade him not play him.
Even still besides 1 full season and part of another he sucks when it comes to starting. Lets not forget the year Philly won SB they pulled him out supermarket or construction site or homeless shelter. Dude is bascially Sam Bradford 2.0 teams paying him stupid levels of money due to a magical handful of games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know the word is there is little concern about Dak's calf strain according to the owners and Dak himself, but calf strains do take time to heal and can easily light up again if the player returns to early from recovering.

Since Dak's mobility is an important part of his game I feel like there is risk in bringing Dak back against the Vikings and usually it takes even a week or 2 after that for a player to be in the clear from reinjuring the calf.

Which is why I feel like we need to upgrade the QB2 position. It seems best to play it safe and keep Dak out at least 1 week after the bye, if not 2. And even if Dak is good to go against Minnesota, I think it's still a good idea to trade for a legit back up. Dak plays a physical game and there are still 11 games left in the regular season. Plus Dallas are serious contenders for the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. Having Cooper Rush potentially start any game puts this team at a disadvantage and could lead to losses in games he might start.

With the trade deadline coming up next week, Andy Dalton is a good trade candidate and the Bears should be looking to sell. They've clearly committed to Fields and have no 1st round pick next season or 4th rounder after trading with the Giants to take their QB.

I say, why not send a 4th rounder to Chicago to get Dalton and insurance at back up QB. Dalton is familiar with the playbook and played decent in Dallas last year considering the oline he had protecting him.

why not for foles? he is smarter, lower salary, and 3rd on their depth chart, better than Dalton, and would cost less to get him.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Another thing to consider is I associate Dalton and those Marvin Lewis Bengals with the same breath I do Garrett and Romo. Too long, no playoff wins, couldn't get it done. If this is a new team we're going all in, and to hell with the past.

Dalton's playoff record: 4 starts, 1 TD, 6 INT, 55% COMP, 873 YARDS, 4 FUMBLES

With that record, if we did have worse case scenario, I'd rather give it to the new unproven guy. Or *ducks* Cam Newton, because at least he's proven he can get to the Big One!
Cam Newton is done.

cavemanct

Reaction score

Drugs are bad for you. Not sure what you took

blueblood70

Reaction score
why not for foles? he is smarter, lower salary, and 3rd on their depth chart, better than Dalton, and would cost less to get him.

why

HE HASNT WON A THING OUTSIDE OF THE TWO EAGLES TOUR..NOTHING, BEEN PRETTY BAD ANYWHERE ELSE VS DALTON SEEMS MORE ADAPTABLE..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
why

HE HASNT WON A THING OUTSIDE OF THE TWO EAGLES TOUR..NOTHING, BEEN PRETTY BAD ANYWHERE ELSE VS DALTON SEEMS MORE ADAPTABLE..
dalton cost more. we have been there and seen that show. suffice it to say if we have to go into post season with either of them we are screwed.....its about getting through regular season.

Mr_437

Reaction score
There was no backup quarterback last year that would’ve been enough perfume on that pig of a team to make a difference. This team this year is completely different especially with the OL and defense. Obviously, Dak is a huge difference and the reason they are as good as they are. But it is a top-tier playoff team and you need a viable, experienced QB to “stay the course” if the starter goes down and Dalton is that. Rush and Grier are not.
I don't believe in Dalton and some of you still do. I'm telling yall "QB1" will sink this team too..dude is washed.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

You better not go home, your mom is looking for and she has a large bar of soap and plans on washing those bad thoughts out of your mind............

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Mr_437 said:

that team no this team yes if you say you notice difference in talent you were watching that train wreck last season..dont be delusional and stubborn..that 2020 teams is not this teams..dak struggled to win games last year or is your memory skewed?

Daks important but so is 2021 team health, coaching, and attitude..a bus driver can win games with this team it wont be as explosive or as dynamic but dont get it twisted this is a TEAM rights at this most just havening bus driver you can win..

Daks made us blow teams out win by 20 but thats not the goal its win by 1.. not trying to replace Dak but as backup Dalton would do well with this current team..wont be pretty or as fun but that the type of team a player like dalton can drive the bus for.

Blue, I totally agree. This year's line isn't the same as last year's line. Last year's opposing team's defensive lines blew right through our offensive line way too many times. Even Dak struggled at the beginning of last year because of it... We can't legitimately put all of Dalton's faults on him last year. That's not fair at all. No way I'm looking at Dalton as Dak's replacement for the year but to drive the bus while Dak fully recovers, I'd be all for it...